Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zipzap2013

Province Article: 11 coaches who could be behind the Vancouver Canucks’ bench next season

173 posts in this topic

Thankyou for the effort

+1 :)

I take Guy Boucher . He is a players coach and likes to play a wide open uptempo style. We may not win every game but at least it will be fun to watch.

12. Emilio Estevez

Pros: Brought a bunch of blue chip prospects with little to no potential and made them strong contenders. Lovable personality, outside of the box thinking, and scouts his own prospects.

Cons: Probably isn't a real coach.

plus he developed the undefendable flying V manoeuvre

13. Al freekin' Pacino

Pros: emotional, would do an excellent, "Do you remember?" Netflix-spiel.

Trotz with Johnston as an associate...?

Benning and Houda - that would tick off the Bruin's faithful if they can turn our team around!

Thankyou for the effort

+1 :)

I take Guy Boucher . He is a players coach and likes to play a wide open uptempo style. We may not win every game but at least it will be fun to watch.

do you not remember the trap game he threw out there that got him fired?? or him going bananas on the bench he was crazier than torts... but most canuck fans would love him because he always went crazy on the refs and it was always the refs fault ... torts actually held his players accountable and this fan base doesnt like that its never the players fault...

Trotz's downside makes no sense.

EDIT: The coach can't be budget conscious. That's not his job. It's the GM's job. Trotz did an amazing job with what he head in Nashville. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. That being said I don't think Trotz is the right coach for the Canucks.

Trotz with Johnston as an associate...?

that's my ideal.

that's my ideal.

Does look pretty good on paper...

*It's a Province article.

Something that's not a fluffy, arrogant opinion piece from the Province....it must be Kuzma.

A few interesting names there - Blashill, Houda, Johnston.

I like Trotz among the experienced NHL head coach group.

As for this part:

Downside: Only made playoffs in seven of his 15 seasons, getting to the second round twice. Franchise developed great defencemen but never had much punch up front. Too budget-conscious. Could fill vacancies in Florida or Washington.

I don't see any of that really reflecting on Trotz - more of an organizational reality - and pigeon-holing him to Florida because he coached a budget-conscious club might not be fair. Not sure why they or Washington would be considered the candidates.

I dont think Trots wants to leave his management position in Nashville.

EDIT: The coach can't be budget conscious. That's not his job. It's the GM's job. Trotz did an amazing job with what he head in Nashville. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. That being said I don't think Trotz is the right coach for the Canucks.

I would agree that Trotz isn't the right choice for Van..We have two of the best puck possession players and a management and fan base that wants entertaining hockey..He's a really good coach,but does not translate to our situation at all.

12. Emilio Estevez

Pros: Brought a bunch of blue chip prospects with little to no potential and made them strong contenders. Lovable personality, outside of the box thinking, and scouts his own prospects.

Cons: Probably isn't a real coach.

Hmmmph, that's Coach Bombay to you sir. :P

I'm a little surprised that no one has suggested the possibility of Adam Oates as a new head coach.