The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 15 Thread

PlayStation

I decided to start HUT and it's horrible. You have the stupid AI running around and everyone I faced had their roster full of NHL players, while all I had was Vey, Sestito, and another no name. How the hell can I win when Sestito's the team's fastest player?

Play on rookie or pro, try to buy some cheap players to fill out your roster, win games it's like 900-1000 a win so you can buy 2-4 82-78 OVR players. You can work the market by buying a player that's cheap and selling him high whenever you the prices rise or since change team cards and position cards sometimes go for cheap you can buy them late at night then flip them mid-day for more. Once you get a full roster of NHL players, start improving the quality and make sure goalie is good aswell.

Best time to buy is around midnight to 3AM.

Hut team using no money other than the free $10 that came with ps4 (got nothing for it anyways), just playing the market.

Skinner (a) - kesler © - okposo (a)

Marchand - couture - steen

Perron - j.staal - callahan

Moulson - turris - simmonds

Hamhuis - yandle

Giodano - carlson

Sekera - josi

Schnieder

Ramo

21-8-4 online, div 6

How's Sekera? He's pretty cheap with a good overall but I've never really used him in any HUT so never touched him. I like your roster, it's well balanced. Marchand was a beast in NHL14 HUT, he's pretty small but no one could knock me off the puck, pretty slippery player.

Here's my current:

Clowe - Henrique - Ryder

Silfverberg - Vermette - Jenner

Nichushkin - Eakin - Hemsky

Clutterbuck - Matthias - Dupuis

Daley - Braun

Ellis - Spurgeon

Brewer - Cole

Lehner

Reimer

I do have goalies with higher overall than Lehner's 84, but Lehner is 6'4" and just like last year that makes all the difference.

Not a bad time, pretty equal lines throughout but I have a trouble playing with full lines of SNP or PLY. I feel like TWF are the best because they're usually always in position, overall good players, forwards being defensively responsible really helps me out.

I also like having some big players on my team, protect puck is a bit OP in '15, I've always used big players. It makes it really hard for defencemen to knock me off the puck, easier to take to the net and they hit hard. Small defencemen are hard for me since you can't hit or atleast I can't and I get aggressive with the stick often resulting in high sticking penalties or tripping calls.

That's my style though.

Man, it's ridiculous how stupid the AI defensemen are. When I'm playing HUT online I constantly need to take control of my D because they keep leaving the guy in front of the net for a one timer. They just leave a guy alone in front. It's frustrating when I'm trying to get the puck with a forward on a PK or something, then my D move way out of position.

That and all of the menus might be new, but they are retarded. Everything in Be a GM and HUT takes way longer to do then it should. In HUT you can only view 1 line at a time and swapping people from line to line is stupid.

Be a GM it puts a winger on C on the PK all the time even when the C that is set to that PK line isn't even in the box.

Poke checking is so bad that you have to resort to spamming it for it to even work. So many times you can poke the puck but the guy just keeps it anyways. You have to poke it multiple times for him to lose it.

Breakaways are back to what they use to be. They're easy as hell to score 1on1 with the goalie. Not even just backhand. Backhand's go in top shelf from way out when you deke as well.

Also, for some reason I'm having an easier time against the Superstar AI than I do against All-Star.

I don't know, /endrant.

This game is different, it's a whole different game than NHL14. It's going to be hard to adjust, you might not be as good as you were in 14 but you'll get used to it the more you play. You'll learn tricks and learn what your good at defensively and offensively. For me, I just try to keep the opponent on the outside when they rush in once they are against the boards I will either hit them or cut them off and stick lift then steal puck. Try not to turn the puck over, it loses your momentum and it really does make a impact because you need to keep getting chances on goal.

Not sure if you do this or not but don't control the defenceman infront, let the AI do his thing on him but also make sure you have solid defenceman defensively. If your guy gets passed you in the offensive zone you're going to need your goalie to bail you out because it's either shoot or pass to the player infront and usually it ends up in a goal. Pick your time to hit or attack, like when a player is turning around quickly turn to hit him before he can pass it or spin off the hit.

Instead of trying to hit them, skate into them but don't get too aggressive and see if you can attack at the blueline and stick lift but don't

Not a bad time, pretty equal lines throughout but I have a trouble playing with full lines of SNP or PLY. I feel like TWF are the best because they're usually always in position, overall good players, forwards being defensively responsible really helps me out.

I also like having some big players on my team, protect puck is a bit OP in '15, I've always used big players. It makes it really hard for defencemen to knock me off the puck, easier to take to the net and they hit hard. Small defencemen are hard for me since you can't hit or atleast I can't and I get aggressive with the stick often resulting in high sticking penalties or tripping calls.

That's my style though.

This game is different, it's a whole different game than NHL14. It's going to be hard to adjust, you might not be as good as you were in 14 but you'll get used to it the more you play. You'll learn tricks and learn what your good at defensively and offensively. For me, I just try to keep the opponent on the outside when they rush in once they are against the boards I will either hit them or cut them off and stick lift then steal puck. Try not to turn the puck over, it loses your momentum and it really does make a impact because you need to keep getting chances on goal.

Not sure if you do this or not but don't control the defenceman infront, let the AI do his thing on him but also make sure you have solid defenceman defensively. If your guy gets passed you in the offensive zone you're going to need your goalie to bail you out because it's either shoot or pass to the player infront and usually it ends up in a goal. Pick your time to hit or attack, like when a player is turning around quickly turn to hit him before he can pass it or spin off the hit.

Instead of trying to hit them, skate into them but don't get too aggressive and see if you can attack at the blueline and stick lift but don't

Yeah, bigger players definitely seem to have more of an impact. Ryane Clowe I wasn't even going to keep, but he seems to be getting a lot of my goals.

I usually don't control the D in front, but I have to most of the time because they go way out of position. I also don't hit a lot because I don't want to give up chances from missing the hit.

Despite having all of these complaints though, I'm still like 13-2-1 or something. I might complain a lot but I still have successes.

Schwartz (84) - Stastny (86) - Tarasenko (85)

Havlat (84) - Hanzal (86) - Grabner (84)

Higgins (85) - Bonino (85) - Kassian (84)

Bennett (82) - Boyle (84) - Frolik (84)

Sekera (86) - Faulk (85)

Edler (85) - Barrie (85)

Goligoski (84) - Larsson (83)

Lack (84)

Scrub (??)

My goal is to get Boedker for the 2nd line, move down Havlat to the 4th line and bump Bennett off the team.

I could be off (overall wise) for a player or two. Currently 12-0-0 but four games were offline. Haven't spent a dime on packs.

Schwartz (84) - Stastny (86) - Tarasenko (85)

Havlat (84) - Hanzal (86) - Grabner (84)

Higgins (85) - Bonino (85) - Kassian (84)

Bennett (82) - Boyle (84) - Frolik (84)

Sekera (86) - Faulk (85)

Edler (85) - Barrie (85)

Goligoski (84) - Larsson (83)

Lack (84)

Scrub (??)

My goal is to get Boedker for the 2nd line, move down Havlat to the 4th line and bump Bennett off the team.

I could be off (overall wise) for a player or two. Currently 12-0-0 but four games were offline. Haven't spent a dime on packs.

With one offline game I'm 10-0-0. Completely revamped almost my entire team after a few dirty pulls (Doughty, Pietrangelo, McDonagh)

Tavares (C: 93) - Spezza (88) - Gaborik (A: 87)

Backes (89) - Johansen (87) - Lucic (88)

Cogliano (85) - Helm (85) - Grabner (84)

Hagelin (85) - Hertl (84) - Kreider (84)

McDonagh (89) - Shattenkirk (88)

Vlasic (88) - Wisniewski (86)

Hjalmarsson (86) - Boyle (85)

Ward (88)

Mason (87)

With one offline game I'm 10-0-0. Completely revamped almost my entire team after a few dirty pulls (Doughty, Pietrangelo, McDonagh)

Ward (88)

Mason (87)

I don't need elite players to be good :bigblush: .

Nichushkin - Johansen - Voracek

Schwartz - Dubinsky - Gaborik

O'Reilley - Turris - Tarasenko

McGinn - Hertl - Callahan

Vlasic - Barrie

Gardner - Hamilton

R.Murray - Martinez

Bernier

Lack

Nothing spectacular, but Nichushkin and Scheartz boosted to 95 ish so it's doable. I'd like a better goalie

Ward (88)

Mason (87)

You've played 10 games and have that team? Wtf?

You've played 10 games and have that team? Wtf?

I think he bought some packs with real money.

I've only bought about $30-$40 worth. In my first three packs I pulled Thornton, Gaborik, and Kessel. Then after I pulled Doughty, McDonagh x2, and Pietrangelo. The rest just came from working the market.

Played this guy in HUT who either pulled a Crosby or easily spent north of 200. Had to actually go look at his roster after the game

Stamkos - Toews - Kane

Hall - Getzlaf - Perry

Duchene - Kopitar - Giroux

Bergeron - Kesler - Datsyuk

Weber - Suter

Karlsson - Chara

Keith - Pietrangelo

Rinne

---------

I won 4-3

How's Sekera? He's pretty cheap with a good overall but I've never really used him in any HUT so never touched him. I like your roster, it's well balanced. Marchand was a beast in NHL14 HUT, he's pretty small but no one could knock me off the puck, pretty slippery player.

Sekera is pretty solid. Not a bad skater and has a good slapper. Hes definitely worth his price. Marchand is fast and had a good shot, might have to take him off the team tough just because of his face.

Archived