The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who do you choose with the 1st overall pick Reinhart of Ekblad

Wh  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sam Reinhart

- B.C Boy (Not that it matters, but they do well for us)

- Replace's Henrik Sedin

- Great passer see's the ice really well

- Not small 6'1 180ish

- Shoots right (All our centers and Prospects are lefty execpt of Kesler,Cassels, and Schroeder)

- In prime can get you at least 70-80 points( maybe more depending on who he plays with)

Aaron Ekblad

- Big 6'4 205ish (good for western conference)

- Shoots right (which is nice along with Hutton,Tanev,Corrado and Subban)

- Shot is really good

- can get you 40 points (maybe more when in his prime)

- solid defender

- could be a Norris Trophy Winner

- can give you big mins (25+)

- Can run the PP

Im honestly drawn between the 2. People say you need a #1 D-man to win the cup (which is being talked about in another thread). Or that you need a true #1 center, i feel Horvat is a good 2nd line center, but #1 center may be a stretch.

I'd like to here what people on CDC think.

I honestly think Linden will try and get this pick. He said that you have just after the draft to renew the season tickets. I personally think he will try and make a splash.

Thoughts? I don't know who i'd take.

It's honestly a really tough choice. I think it will come down to their 1-on-1 interviews with the clubs (some of the intangibles that may set them apart) and possibly the combine tests. With saying that though, I would be thrilled with either one of those two if we somehow found ourselves selecting 1st overall.

The forward has always been better than the defenseman.

Crosby>J. Johnson

Toews> E. Johnson

Tavares> Hedman

Stamkos> Doughty

Hall> Gudbranson

MacKinnon> Jones (most likely)

Aside form Yakupov/Murray, the forward has been the better selection to make.

We finished near the bottom of the league in goals for. We finished around the middle in goals against. Why would we want a D-man?

Ekblad may have potential, but in lots of cases, defensemen haven't reached their potential. I would definitely rather have Reinhart who will be a 80-90 point franchise center, or at least a 60-70 point first line center.

We need offense. If we somehow trade for the 1st overall pick, we should take Sam Reinhart.

Ekblad.

Best player available right?

If that is the case then him 100%

If we had the pick. Don't think that is likely, not sure anything Florida wants that we would be willing to trade for him and NTC waived is always an issue.

Anyone without a NTC that is worth anything should be off limits.

Reinhart. We have a strong enough D-Core (when they play up to par) to hold us over in my opinion. However what we've seriously lacked is some offensive output up front.

Since he's more of a playmaker I'd say put him with Kesler but two rightys :\

Reinhart. We have a strong enough D-Core (when they play up to par) to hold us over in my opinion. However what we've seriously lacked is some offensive output up front.

Since he's more of a playmaker I'd say put him with Kesler but two rightys :\

Ekblad would be new core. Trade away d-men that are unnecessary for forwards. Voila.

Forwards are easier to come by. Get a d thats top notch that every team needs and wants.

We're actually in better position than most people may think. We have a great relationship with Florida and rumour has it Tallon is drooling over Ehlers and is shopping the #1 pick. Plus we haven't had a defence prospect of Ekblad's calibre ever so he would be extremely tough to pass up on.

Ekblad or trade the 1st overall pick and Stanton to EDM for Perron and their 3rd overall pick. Draft either Reinhart or Bennett while ending up with Perron.

Good trade but we might have to add Shroeder and /or Hansen to this trade.

I voted for Ekblad. It takes longer for d-men to mature in the show, but when he does, I think he will be a franchise player and one that is very hard to come by. Reinhart is intelligent and poised, but I don't know if he will be a franchise player.

What about Bennett? How good is he projected to be? Franchise 1C? 70pt guy? 80pt guy?

Him and Reinhart have completely different styles, but I think are pretty even. I see Reinhart's game being able to transition into the NHL immediately while Bennett is a 50/50 toss up. Honestly, I think they're still pretty even. Reinhart just fits our needs more. A forward who might be able to almost immediately jump crack the lineup in a potentially top 6 role, and if not top 9 who plays a heavy playmaking style similar to Henriks. That's exactly what we need And come 4 years, when Henrik steps down, we need someone who can almost immediately jump into his spot and try to fill the void while we still look for Daniels.

• 1 month later...

To me.. it depends on my teams needs. Reinhart will turn into a #1 centre and Ekblad could turn into your franchise defenseman. Ekblad will take longer to show his prime, probably until hes 26-28 whereas a forward will show his upside a few years earlier.

Archived