The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anthony Mantha vs Nick Ritchie

Open discussion - the hype around the two seems sorta familiar, both big players, even bigger scorers.

Haven't done much research, some basic stats to compare with...

Anthony Mantha from Val-d’Or (QMJHL) - 6'3" 190 lbs when drafted - 67 games played, 50 goals, 39 assists for a total of 89 points.

Currently 6'5" 204 lbs. (To add, almost a goal per playoff game this year (19 games, 18 goals))

Nick Ritchie from Peterborough Petes (OHL) - 6'3" 229 lbs (draft year) - 61 games played, 39 goals, 35 assists for a total of 74 points.

Who'll make a bigger impact in the big leagues? Who would you rather have?

*For fun & shizzles here's Kassian's info from draft year: from Peterborough Petes (OHL) 6'3" 210 lbs - 61 games played, 24 goals, 39 assists for a total of 63 points

Mantha and Ritchie are nothing alike.

Mantha is a natural goal scorer, who plays more of a perimeter game.

Ritchie is a power forward, who creates his chances by driving to the net.

Mantha, and he was taken 20th while Ritchie will be taken 6-11. Just goes to show how deep last years draft was compared to this year.

Mantha really stepped up big this year. Questions surrounding his overall compete level and two-way play were erased by sheer goal-scoring dominance this season.

Ritchie could take equally impressive steps after another year of Jr. in 2014-2015 and be in the conversation with the top league prospects.

Different ages. different playing styles

Not similar players. I'd take Mantha over Ritchie. Ritchie strikes me as the type of player who is so successful because he's so big while playing amongst boys. I'm not saying he won't have a successful NHL career, just that he might be in for a rude awakening

Ritchie uses his size difference in jr to stand out. He wont be able to take advantage of D in the nhl the same way. That is what causes scouts to be concerned. Whereas Mantha has a higher skill level and provides more then one option to the team in the offensive zone.

was that a dig at me? or do you have a cold?

Nope. Just saying it's not as ridiculous as some poster's repetitive topics like "good trading partners: _______ ?"

Any who, doesn't matter if they're not the same players you could discuss who you would rather draft and what not rather than being a sourberry shutting people down right (;

Archived