The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anthony Mantha vs Nick Ritchie

Naw. Dale Dutch Gretzky Weise was the fastest skater we had this year. Weise > Raymond > Crosby > Mantha > Ritchie

Not sure if serious.

Weise had 18 points during his draft year in Swift Current. Yikes. I am happy for him though. He is one of those guys who looks like he is going to jump a level at any given moment.

Ritchie uses his size difference in jr to stand out. He wont be able to take advantage of D in the nhl the same way. That is what causes scouts to be concerned. Whereas Mantha has a higher skill level and provides more then one option to the team in the offensive zone.

Why not? You're telling me 6'3 229 isn't big for the NHL too?

He's bigger than Kassian, Clowe, Benn and basically same size as Lucic (6'3 235).

• 2 weeks later...

Mantha, and he was taken 20th while Ritchie will be taken 6-11. Just goes to show how deep last years draft was compared to this year.

This. Although I would caution that Mantha is almost 20 years old playing against kids who are 16 years old in some cases. Lets see how he does in the AHL first.

This. Although I would caution that Mantha is almost 20 years old playing against kids who are 16 years old in some cases. Lets see how he does in the AHL first.

with Grand Rapid's development program and success there's nothing to worry about with a pure goal scorer

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived