The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Leafs discussing trades with various teams with Kadri, Kulemin, Gardiner and Bolland

As per Darren Dreger's twitter feed..

Some trade discussion with teams on a number of Leafs players. Kadri, Gardiner, Bolland and Kulemin included. Leafs brass is eager to talk.

I wonder if Trevor is talking.. Although I doubt it, he is probably waiting to hire a permanent GM. I'm not sure I am all that interested in any of those players in a Canucks uniform anyway. I see the price being to high for all of them. I wouldn't be confident in Kadri's ability to translate his game to the west coast, no to Bolland, Gardiner would likely cost an arm and a leg, and admittedly I do not know much about Kulemin. Perhaps someone can fill me in.

Kulemin is a solid player, but the Canucks dont need a solid player, they need a star for the top 6.

Gardiner and Kadri would be of interest. We need a PMD that can be a PPQB. He plays an elusive fast game and is very creative. Hell definately need a strong defensive minded d-partner though... Tanev comes to mind.

Id bet the Leafs would be asking about Ryan Kesler and Kevin Bieksa. Its the one place that Bieksa might be willing to go. Id like to have him stay, as hes a canuck at heart and is the only d-man with any kind of mean. Kes could be convinced, but he might just rather stay where he is, rather than make a lateral move. However the notion of going there and becoming a potential legend the way that Doug Gilmore did is one I could see him enjoying. They certainly have the pieces to make it work.

Kadri Gardiner 1st for Kesler, 2nd, 3rd

Kulemin is a solid player, but the Canucks dont need a solid player, they need a star for the top 6.

Gardiner and Kadri would be of interest. We need a PMD that can be a PPQB. He plays an elusive fast game and is very creative. Hell definately need a strong defensive minded d-partner though... Tanev comes to mind.

Id bet the Leafs would be asking about Ryan Kesler and Kevin Bieksa. Its the one place that Bieksa might be willing to go. Id like to have him stay, as hes a canuck at heart and is the only d-man with any kind of mean. Kes could be convinced, but he might just rather stay where he is, rather than make a lateral move. However the notion of going there and becoming a potential legend the way that Doug Gilmore did is one I could see him enjoying. They certainly have the pieces to make it work.

Kadri Gardiner 1st for Kesler, 2nd, 3rd

Kesler isn't waiving his NTC to go to another non contending team in Canada that missed the playoffs

I hope the Leafs trade Kadri. Hate that guy. Wonder if he'd get his act together in Vancouver under the leadership of Henrik and Bieksa.

Neutral on the guy.

Wait...do you hate him, or are you neutral on him?

If Shero won't give up Pouliot, Sutter and a 1st then Nonis might give Kadri, Gardiner 1st for Kesler. Although I doubt he waves to go there. Kadri would be a good 2nd line pivot to build with, Gardiner could QB the 2nd PP and the first could land Virtanen.

I would prefer the Pittsburgh deal though.

It'll probably have to be Kesler plus for both deals.

If Shero won't give up Pouliot, Sutter and a 1st then Nonis might give Kadri, Gardiner 1st for Kesler. Although I doubt he waves to go there. Kadri would be a good 2nd line pivot to build with, Gardiner could QB the 2nd PP and the first could land Virtanen.

Me too. But Sutter is doing really well in these playoffs and his stock has risen.

Both Kari and Gardiner will be expensive when it's time to renew their contracts (Gardiner is RFA) so the 1st is key, and better if we can dump another contract too.

In the long run I'm not exactly sure if Horvat can replace Kesler as a premiere SD forward. Richardson is nice but not Selke candidate.

Dregger purposely creates the buzz to try and get teams calling. Smart he didn't throw clarksons name in their.

While that might not have been your most properly formatted post, the sentiment is spot on. Dreger once again as the media conduit for Nonis to try and build interest and hype.

you have to wonder what Bieksa's worth is to Toronto since Morgan Reilly is getting great tutorial from Bieksa? Hey wait a minute....Reilly is a LH....Bieksa is a RH......on a decent contract still for 2 more years.

Get Tor 1st....#8

Get Ott's pick...#10 and Ana's pick...28th for Kesler

Suddenly we dreaming and picking 6,8,10,28

Trade #6/#28 to Fla for #1

#1-Ekblad

#8-Tuch

#10-Milano

Plus whatever is tossed into the deals with Kesler/Bieksa

When I watch the Leafs, it's always obvious they need more guys like Kulemin and Bolland who are fantastic in their own end. They are reduntant assets for us though. Gardiner is somewhat interesting, but I don't think he's worth anything more than a 2nd or mid level prospect to be honest.

If the Leafs want to truly improve then they're going to have to get a lot more creative than offering any of those players. They aren't going to get anything significant in return for Bolland or Kulemin (who are both UFA's). In my opinion from watching many Leafs games this season (I live in Ontario and have a fan in the family) Kulemin may be the most underrated player on the team, he provides defensive reliability as well as supporting offense and physicality. Last person they should be trying to get rid of (especially for the return a pending UFA would garner).

While a package of Kadri and Gardiner could potentially bring back a nice piece I don't think they're are nearly valuable enough to make a really great impact. Gardiner is undersized and is not very great in his own end. The Leafs definitely wouldn't be selling high on either of them after the end to the season they had.

Archived