The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Nick Ritchie] Junior Point totals vs Getzlaf, Lucic, and Nash

Merci

Don't get me wrong, i'll pick Ritchie over Virtanen but Jake is more physical, and their shots are equal.

The upside that Ritchie has over Virtanen is that he has a much better IQ and establishes himself in the offensive zones as opposed to Virtanen just bowling his way into the offensive zone and going from there.

Again I did say it was close, scouts and fans whois seen Ritchie play say the same thing, is that he hits non stop. (Ritchie) So yes, on top of that Ritchie is not afraid of fighting.

If we're looking for a potential franchise player, I think we'll go with Nylander.

If we're going with the most raw talent, then it's Ehlers.

Size and toughness and it's Ritchie IMO.

Word in Button world is Ehlers and Nylander wont be there for the grabbin.

This makes one of Drasiatl or Dal Colle avail which is perfect for us.

If we're looking for a potential franchise player, I think we'll go with Nylander.

If we're going with the most raw talent, then it's Ehlers.

Size and toughness and it's Ritchie IMO.

I think we need to take the chance with Nylander. High risk high reward.

I think we need to take the chance with Nylander. High risk high reward.

If Nylander is available at 6, I agree with this. He has high-end vision, speed, and skating, and his stick-handling is ELITE. He's a smaller player, sure, but he's tenacious and hungry on the puck. I think if he has the right attitude, and a willingness to be mentored by the Sedins, Nylander would be a fantastic addition to the canucks, with 1st line potential. It's not like there will be a shortage of size in the future top-9 Horvat/Kassian/Jensen/Gaunce/Kesler are all big bodies for the west, so having fast skilled guys like Nylander and Shinkaruk would give exciting high-end skill to a team so desperately in need of that in the pipeline.

Explain how you know this

Nick Ritchie is a boom or bust pick, yes no doubt he has offensive intagibles to be a difference maker in the future but he lacks the offensive consistensy (Sound familiar? cough**) Jake Virtanen has the best shot in this years draft, phenomanal balance & strength...As for William Nylander, great skill player but Virtanen is "safer" and is more of a Benning style guy.

Actually no the most high end player outside of the top 5 is nylander and thats a fact, vancouver would be lucky to get him at 6.

Another European is NOT what we need, sure he's a fantastic high end player with high offensive potential but if we are lucky to get him at #6 then you would be saying someone in top 5 will take him before us therefore.....Del Colle or Draistaitl at worst will fall to us, both better then Nylander, get you're "facts" straight.

Archived