The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Opinion on 6th Overall Pick.

kk0007

I would do a two part trade:

To Detroit

Kesler

For 2014 first + one of (Smith, Nyquist or Mantha)

If they do it I would then trade

Our 1st, Det's first, Edler + Hansen for the first overall and gudbranson

If Florida does that, my 1st overall would be;

Reinhart(if Detroit gave us Smith)

Or

Ekblad (if Detroit gave us a Fwd)

Moving Hansen and Kesler opens up 2 fwd spots, moving Edler opens up a d-spot, let Alberts walk.

We then have a solid core coming in 2-3 years and still might get a crack at mcdavid next year.

the rumor is that florida really want ehlers, so a trade of draft picks might work....ekblad may be the next dominant d-man.

what would they want?

Stop kidding yourself. Ekblad hasn't shown anything close to what everyone is saying. If he did, Florida wouldn't hesitate. Both Ekblad and Reinhart are boring. Ehlers has elite speed, that can draw fans. If i was Tallon, I'd do it instantly. If the offer wasn't there, i wouldn't be shocked if they just picked of the board with their 1st overall.

Ekblad will be Jay Bouwmeester V.2 in Florida. Reinhart will be more of 2nd liner on a competitive team. Both these guys have good attributes, but nothing top tier. Neither are impressive for 1st overall guys.

Both, wouldn't even by in the top 10 in next years draft.

If we stay at 6th I am starting to lean towards Ehlers. If Tallon likes him he must see a lot of Kane in him and Tallon is pretty good at evaluating young high end talent. If we get in a position to get the 1st pick [ a big big if ] go for Sam Reinhart, this kid is going to be a star.

Do you honestly think he'll go top 5?

Of course he'll be available. Hopefully there's better options for us though.

Do I think he's available at 6? Yeah probably. Perhaps a poor choice of words. Personally I'd take him over Ehlers or Ritchie. Having watched the guy play a whole lot live, this guy is the real deal. And he's a Linden player - if I had to guess what that means.

Don't know whats the hype with Virtanen to be honest. Whats the deal? He's tops in every attribute in the draft, but scouts are so concerned about this guy. Maybe they see him as a north and south player only, and lack hockey IQ. Kind of like, a Mason Raymond type.

Don't know whats the hype with Virtanen to be honest. Whats the deal? He's tops in every attribute in the draft, but scouts are so concerned about this guy. Maybe they see him as a north and south player only, and lack hockey IQ. Kind of like, a Mason Raymond type.

Mason Raymond who finishes his checks, plays on the PP/Penalty Kill, and drops the gloves on a fairly regular basis. He's also got the size and weight to be an NHL'er right away.

Archived