The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Far Cry 4

Xbox

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/15/5720668/far-cry-4-release-date

Releases November 18, 2014 on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC, PS4, PS3.

Note there is no Wii U version of this game. I don't think Ubisoft will support it anymore because of the low sales from AC4, and even watch dogs was delayed.

Far Cry 4 will be released Nov. 18 in North America on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, Ubisoft announced today.

In a press release, Ubisoft said Far Cry 4 is, like its predecessors, an open-world first-person shooter. It will be set in Kyrat, a fictional region of the Himalayas that is governed by a self-appointed king; he seems to be the blond-haired individual on the game's cover. As in other Far Cry titles, Far Cry 4's exotic setting will offer a variety of geographic features and wildlife for players to explore. The game is in development across five Ubisoft studios: Montreal is the lead, with Red Storm, Toronto, Shanghai and Kiev assisting.

"Following the success of Far Cry 3, we wanted to take the franchise to the next level and create a game that will surprise players and exceed fans' expectations," said Dan Hay, the game's executive producer. "Given the unique setting, we feel Far Cry 4 will stand out as a top first-person shooter and we're eager to reveal more about the game in the coming months."

The announcement of the setting confirms a report from earlier this year that indicated Far Cry 4 would take place in the Himalayas.

Pre-order customers who have played Far Cry 3 will see a familiar face: Hurk. He will appear in three single-player missions, collectively known as Hurk's Redemption, which are a pre-order bonus for the Limited Edition of Far Cry 4; all pre-orders are automatically upgraded to the Limited Edition. The Hurk missions come with his harpoon gun, the Impaler.

You can see the full Far Cry 4 box art below. Ubisoft will show off the first gameplay footage during its E3 2014 press briefing, which begins at 6 p.m. ET on June 9.

Far Cry 3 was a mediocre game. The story line was not bad and offered enjoyable elements and the atmosphere was great but the world and side objectives were terrible. As a competitionist I grew extremely annoyed with all of the repetitive pointless animal hunts, bounties, and deliveries. As well as all the towers and liberation. I feel the game stopped evolving for me not even halfway through when I established a way to handle all situations. The wildlife also didn't seem to relevant.

With that being said the price dropped fast and I ended up getting it on a steam sale for $7. For that price it was worth it. If I get the 4th game odds are I will just stick to the story line and not bother with the other things.

Far Cry 3 was a mediocre game. The story line was not bad and offered enjoyable elements and the atmosphere was great but the world and side objectives were terrible. As a competitionist I grew extremely annoyed with all of the repetitive pointless animal hunts, bounties, and deliveries. As well as all the towers and liberation. I feel the game stopped evolving for me not even halfway through when I established a way to handle all situations. The wildlife also didn't seem to relevant.

With that being said the price dropped fast and I ended up getting it on a steam sale for $7. For that price it was worth it. If I get the 4th game odds are I will just stick to the story line and not bother with the other things.

Disagree with the notion that it was a mediocre game. Yeah it was a completionist's nightmare, but i think more attention has to be paid to how the core game carried itself. It did a lot of things right, and was probably one of the more visceral experiences you could have in a game.

The story began to fall apart in the end, and forced you down a path whether or not you were actually feeling it. But my complaints against this game are overshadowed by all the good i have to say about it.

Edit: accidentally +1'd your post, lol.

Like others said above, the 3rd one seemed to get repetitive about halfway through.

I didn't even beat the game and I ended up trading it in. Got bored of it.

Although, if I recall correctly another game came out a bit after Far Cry 3 that I bought which had me stop playing.

I like the Assassin Creed games too and enjoy doing the side missions, hunts, etc. I usually do all of that stuff before any of the main missions.

I do agree that the story fell apart at the end.

This was my favorite mission:

I actually enjoyed Far Cry 3 a lot and I was skeptical because Far Cry 2 was a horrible game IMO.

I'll probably check this game out down the line but there are too many sick games coming out this year for next gen. Destiny and NHL 15 being the top of the list.

Damn after I wrote a real response my internet glitched up and ruined all I said so now im gonna be vague.

Disagree with the notion that it was a mediocre game. Yeah it was a completionist's nightmare, but i think more attention has to be paid to how the core game carried itself. It did a lot of things right, and was probably one of the more visceral experiences you could have in a game.

The story began to fall apart in the end, and forced you down a path whether or not you were actually feeling it. But my complaints against this game are overshadowed by all the good i have to say about it.

Edit: accidentally +1'd your post, lol.

I label all games as 3 things. Ether must play, average game, or don't even bother. Overall Far Cry 3 was a good game but to me it was far from a must play. Just a game that was enjoyable if you felt like just gaming for no real reason.

Story wise it fell off towards the end but I was alright with the gameplay towards the end. It gave you some new combat phases including a fake boss fight.

That +1 is forever mine.

I like the Assassin Creed games too and enjoy doing the side missions, hunts, etc. I usually do all of that stuff before any of the main missions.

I do agree that the story fell apart at the end.

This was my favorite mission:

I like Assassins Creed. I feel it did a better job with it's scavenging and side missions as most served a purpose. Like many sandbox open world games it had its flaws though. I just feel Far Cry 3 was poorly crafted as an open world game. Literally every bounty you ever get in that game (which has to be over 30 missions) is just go find some random cannon fodder on the island and kill the leader with a knife as is tradition. It was absurd. The hunting was disappointing as they had all these special animals with fancy names like man eater shark and undying bear but none were legit foes it was just go shoot this animal with 1-3 shots and gets its skin like every other animal besides the croc which is just a scare tactic and no real health threat.

My listed playing time on that game was 38 hours (may be slightly padded from me leaving the game on and leaving the room) but still way to much time considering how fast you can just play the main story which isn't so stale.

I also liked the mission you posted. The music fit it and you got to go nuts though at that point you could really go nuts with rockets and flamethrowers without worrying about saving it because you were already way to jacked to contain.

I actually enjoyed Far Cry 3 a lot and I was skeptical because Far Cry 2 was a horrible game IMO.

I'll probably check this game out down the line but there are too many sick games coming out this year for next gen. Destiny and NHL 15 being the top of the list.

Far Cry 2 was an abomination.

But that is the mentality I am taking. Not worth a $60 drop. if it's like FC3 it will drop significantly in price after a few months and if you want almost a year you may be able to get it for under $10 on a sale.

But that is the mentality I am taking. Not worth a $60 drop. if it's like FC3 it will drop significantly in price after a few months and if you want almost a year you may be able to get it for under $10 on a sale.

If on PC then I'm sure there will be a Steam Sale in no time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived