The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Halo 5: Guardians

Xbox

Halo 5 is set to release in Fall 2015 on Xbox One : http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/05/16/halo-5-guardians-announced

(I live in the east so no I didn't post this at 6:40am lol)

343 Industries has revealed that Halo 5: Guardians will launch on Xbox One in the fall of 2015.

Bonnie Ross, general manager at 343, made the announcement on a blog post that detailed the future of the Halo franchise as a whole. Ross talked about Master Chief's next journey, saying, "Halo 5: Guardians is a bigger effort than Halo 4. That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what’s now a brand new and more powerful engine. Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we’ve invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen."

The game will run "at 60 frames per second, on dedicated servers, with the scope, features and scale we've been dreaming of for more than a decade," and will also be powered by a new engine.We got our first glimpse at the next generation of Halo at Microsoft's E3 2013 press conference, which featured a short teaser showcasing the iconic character trudging across a desert in a poncho.

Ross also hinted at what we'd see from the franchise at this year's E3, stating, "Many fans noted that I was very deliberate with my phrasing on stage at E3 last year. I spoke about a 'journey,' rather than a destination – and that journey definitely begins in 2014 with a giant leap, rather than one small step. We’ll give you much more information about our plans for this year at the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing on June 9, and we’re confident that Halo fans will be pretty excited [about] the special plans we have in store."

f4ddirqzitl1sloppeiy.png

:frantic:

Can't wait! Wonder what's happening this year?? Exciting stuff!

This year is all but confirmed to be an HD remake of Halo 2. It'll have full mutiplayer.

And yeah I'm pretty stoked too. This game looks absolutely unreal.

This year is all but confirmed to be an HD remake of Halo 2. It'll have full mutiplayer.

And yeah I'm pretty stoked too. This game looks absolutely unreal.

Are you kidding me?? I didn't think they were gonna do that! That is great news!

Are you kidding me?? I didn't think they were gonna do that! That is great news!

Not confirmed, but here's 3 different sources and none of them are related:

Microsoft talks about Halo 2 MP on XB1: http://gamerant.com/microsoft-halo-2-remake-multiplayer-xbox-one/

Microsoft's e3 conference leaked: http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/rumour-microsofts-e3-press-conference-leaked.453967439/ These things on the list have slowly come true.

Master Chief's voice actor leaks Halo 2: http://www.thegameeffect.com/news/master-chiefs-voice-actor-may-have-leaked-halo-2-anniversary-edition

Not confirmed, but here's 3 different sources and none of them are related:

Microsoft talks about Halo 2 MP on XB1: http://gamerant.com/microsoft-halo-2-remake-multiplayer-xbox-one/

Microsoft's e3 conference leaked: http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/rumour-microsofts-e3-press-conference-leaked.453967439/ These things on the list have slowly come true.

Master Chief's voice actor leaks Halo 2: http://www.thegameeffect.com/news/master-chiefs-voice-actor-may-have-leaked-halo-2-anniversary-edition

Wow I really can't wait, seems almost certain haha

Honestly, my decision this fall between Xbox One and PS4 falls down to whether this game is fun or not. Didn't like Reach or 4 so I'm hoping this is a big turnaround in the 'fun factor' area.

Halo 5 comes out 2015 Fall, not this year.

I loved the Halo series up until Halo 4...but I will be buying the re-releases regardless. If it's one Collection, this is going to be a couple of months of seriously awesome gameplay. Imagine how incredible those worlds are going to look on XB1 :towel:

I loved the Halo series up until Halo 4...but I will be buying the re-releases regardless. If it's one Collection, this is going to be a couple of months of seriously awesome gameplay. Imagine how incredible those worlds are going to look on XB1 :towel:

I am so stoked for the collection. Halo 3 Infection on Sandtrap lives on!

My favourite series of all time is Gears of War. I'm hoping the 3 games get a similar treatment, especially the 1st gears game. I would be so happy. Maybe they'll announce it at e3? Wishful thinking on my part. Judgment better not even touch the One. Disgrace of a game to the series.

I'm glad they're retiring Master Chief for the new game. Seriously, it's time for a new character. I loved Reach because you got to play as different spartans.

Am I the only one who really liked Halo 4? 343i did an amazing job, considering the amount of the pressure they were under to fill the void left by Bungie.

I do think they need to consider making additional multiplayer map DLCs free because it blows when there only 1000 people in the entire world online playing the new maps, and all those people seem to be the greatest Halo players ever. Companies need to learn from Rockstar: multiplayer updates for free and for all.

I'm glad they're retiring Master Chief for the new game. Seriously, it's time for a new character. I loved Reach because you got to play as different spartans.

Am I the only one who really liked Halo 4? 343i did an amazing job, considering the amount of the pressure they were under to fill the void left by Bungie.

I do think they need to consider making additional multiplayer map DLCs free because it blows when there only 1000 people in the entire world online playing the new maps, and all those people seem to be the greatest Halo players ever. Companies need to learn from Rockstar: multiplayer updates for free and for all.

Personally, I hated Halo 4 and Halo was my 2nd favourite series next to Gears of War.

Also, I haven't followed the story line of H5 at all yet, but it's nice to see Master Chief is retiring. We had a different character in Reach, so playing with a non-Master Chief character is fine. Also, Activision let go of some Bungie employees, including some big ones, and most of them went to 343i so there will be some Bungie in the game. Hoping O'Donnel goes back to 343i.

Completely agree about the Map Packs. I've noticed I've been doing much better in Titanfall after the DLC was released and I didn't buy it for that exact reason. And it gets even worse after multiple map packs are released. Playlists for players who have Maps: 1 and 3, 1, 2 and 3, 1 and 2... you get my point. It cuts the community up too much. Either buy no packs or all packs because in betweeners are stuck finding lobbys down the line.

I don't think they're retiring Chief, he's too much of a central figure in the Halo series. Although I suppose if there were any time it would be to start a new character on the new console.

Also Halo 4 was the only halo I actually enjoyed playing

I don't think they're retiring Chief, he's too much of a central figure in the Halo series. Although I suppose if there were any time it would be to start a new character on the new console.

Also Halo 4 was the only halo I actually enjoyed playing

Fair enough. I don't think they can retire MC just yet because the community is a little fanatic about him, but I think Halo 5 will use him to bridge to a new character. They've already confirmed the spartan on the cover with the blue visor is not Chief, not Cortana, and it's not Sarah Palmer.

Let's face it, 343i is going to want to create their own story and characters in that universe, and they deserve the chance to step out of Bungie's shadow.

Personally, I hated Halo 4 and Halo was my 2nd favourite series next to Gears of War.

Hoping O'Donnel goes back to 343i.

Really? What did you not like about it? I'm a huge Halo fan, and I've played the entire series since way back when it was on the original Xbox, and I loved 4. I don't get the hate.

Hahah, I hated GOWs because of the absurd, over-the-top, stereotypical/borderline offensive characters. That made it very difficult for me to get into the series. Nevertheless, the experience of playing the first GOW remains one my best gaming experiences ever. I had never seen a game look that good, and play that well ever before. Visuals and gameplay were stellar.

Yeah, I agree. I still can't figure out why he was terminated. Maybe his price got too prohibitive? Destiny is already supposed to be the most expensive game ever made, so maybe they felt they needed to make some cuts somewhere.

Really? What did you not like about it? I'm a huge Halo fan, and I've played the entire series since way back when it was on the original Xbox, and I loved 4. I don't get the hate.

Hahah, I hated GOWs because of the absurd, over-the-top, stereotypical/borderline offensive characters. That made it very difficult for me to get into the series. Nevertheless, the experience of playing the first GOW remains one my best gaming experiences ever. I had never seen a game look that good, and play that well ever before. Visuals and gameplay were stellar.

Yeah, I agree. I still can't figure out why he was terminated. Maybe his price got too prohibitive? Destiny is already supposed to be the most expensive game ever made, so maybe they felt they needed to make some cuts somewhere.

1) I just didn't like the gameplay of Halo 4. It just didn't feel like the regular Halo game for me. I know it may be nitpicking, but I didn't like the helmet effect on screen. It cut off part of the HUD and I hated how it shook. As for the MP, all the classes crap and the abilities ruined the simple gameplay I loved in Halo 2 and Halo 3. The story line and action of the campaign was still good, as with any Halo game but the multiplayer was a let down for me. I'll give it another chance on the One. Although Halo 5 looks badass. I sold Halo 4 shortly after beating it.

2) The original was my favourite in the series. Idk I really enjoyed the story line and the characters a lot. I also think the game pulled of TPS very well. Maybe not my all time favourite series, as Fallout, Crash or Ratchet and Clank are really high up on my list, but Gears of War was simply amazing to me.

3) I have no idea why, but there must of been a good reason for it. It's a head scratcher for sure. No senior member like O'Donnel doesn't just get let go for nothing, there has to be more to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived