The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Future.

4everacanuck13

Now I'm not trying to maim a hopeful, postitive thread. Really I'm not. But quite honestly from where I stand.....

Horvat = Toews

......Horvat has a much better chance of being Patrick White than Jonathan Toews. And I like what Horvat potentially brings to the table.

Kassian, Fox and Gaunce comparisons are too far off imo. Kassian really has no comparison. He's a playmaker who can score goals and fight. Oh and he's got above average speed.

Fox=Shaw/Bolland with better hands

Gaunce=Bigger Mike Richards. Not as physical.

Horvat = Toews... Nope. Shinkaruk = Kane? LOL. I hope you're joking. It may be Horvat = Kane and Shinkaruk = Toews if anything.. Kassian = Nash? I suppose, I see him turning out into more of a Bobby Ryan kind of player to be honest. He really did not impress me at all this season. Haven't seen any of the rest of the prospects you listed apart from Subban so i can't really comment on those. Also, I hope you're talking about the play style, and not the potential. Because if you're talking about the potential, I hate to break it to you, but you're way off.. Don't get me wrong, if your predictions turn out do be true, trust me ill be kissing your feet.. But as of now, I just don't see these comparisons.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

XHOEVjV.jpg

Have you been hitting a blunt recently?

I would be stoked if Fox turned into a Dave Bolland type player for the Canucks.

This might be extremely lofty but it would really help if Kassian puts it all together next season. He has some tools and at the end of the last 2 seasons starts dazzling us then promptly doesnt show up the following season.

I am hoping Horvat can turn into a slightly more offensive Ryan Kesler: a player to be counted on in the defensive zone in the last minute of a game defending a lead and a potential playoff beast.

It would be nice if Shinkaruk can be that game breaker that the canucks have lacked for a long time. The hip injury is a bit worrying but he definitely has some skill as evidenced by his pre season.

Horvat = Toews

Shinkaruk = Kane

Kassian = Nash

Cassels = Vermette

Subban = Yandle

Cederholm = Boychuk

Fox = Perry

Gaunce = E.Staal

Eriksson = sky is the limit.

what were you smoking when you came up with these comparisons?

Horvat = Toews

Shinkaruk = Kane

Kassian = Nash

Cassels = Vermette

Subban = Yandle

Cederholm = Boychuk

Fox = Perry

Gaunce = E.Staal

I think they are ok but problem is everyone seems to be a "lite" version of each of your comparisons.

Horvat is a 9th overall pick (and was ranked 15 in Central Scouting for NA Skaters) while Toews was a third overall.

Shinkaruk is 24th overall where as Patrick Kane was the 1st overall pick.

Fox is an undrafted player while Perry was drafted in the 1st round.

Nash is a 1st overall with 39 pts in his rookie season while Kassian hasn't even reached that point total in a season yet.

Cederholm is a 5th rounder and Boychck is a 2nd rounder.

Horvat = Toews

Shinkaruk = Kane

Kassian = Nash

Cassels = Vermette

Subban = Yandle

Cederholm = Boychuk

Fox = Perry

Gaunce = E.Staal

I like this. It may be a tad optimistic but as we look forward to some big changes why shouldn't we be optimistic. I feel like we have had a weight lifted off this team with the exit of MG and Tortorella.

Now I can't wait for the new appointments, the draft and next season. This season has been like a nightmare that just kept getting worse.

By the way Subban excites me the most :)

You know what, maybe I'll put this here but I saw a good Canucks Army post about the Canucks drafting yesterday - particularly as it relates to the Canucks drafting under Ron Delorme. Toronto bloggers do something similar, where they compare Nonis' moves to what a potato could have done, but the Canucks Army guys compared Ron Delorme's drafts to an automated robot that picked solely based on the amount of points the prospect had in their 17 year old junior season.

Other filters:

• Could only draft forwards - no goalies or defence
  • Could only draft from the CHL, no US, Europe, etc.
  • Could only draft players still available when the pick occured

Here's all you need to know about the results:

BoGf_UzIAAAEYn1.png

On the left is the results we did get, and on the right is the results if we'd fired all our scouts and used the automated robot. Almost makes you want to cry.

There's a draft by draft breakdown that's interesting too, with 2002, 2003, 2006 and even 2010 wee particularly painful. You can find that at the link: http://canucksarmy.com/2014/5/20/we-think-the-vancouver-canucks-may-have-a-scouting-problem

EDIT: and I see there's a thread about it now as well as being posted in another thread about the scouts.

You know what, maybe I'll put this here but I saw a good Canucks Army post about the Canucks drafting yesterday - particularly as it relates to the Canucks drafting under Ron Delorme. Toronto bloggers do something similar, where they compare Nonis' moves to what a potato could have done, but the Canucks Army guys compared Ron Delorme's drafts to an automated robot that picked solely based on the amount of points the prospect had in their 17 year old junior season.

Other filters:

• Could only draft forwards - no goalies or defence
  • Could only draft from the CHL, no US, Europe, etc.
  • Could only draft players still available when the pick occured

Here's all you need to know about the results:

BoGf_UzIAAAEYn1.png

On the left is the results we did get, and on the right is the results if we'd fired all our scouts and used the automated robot. Almost makes you want to cry.

There's a draft by draft breakdown that's interesting too, with 2002, 2003, 2006 and even 2010 wee particularly painful. You can find that at the link: http://canucksarmy.com/2014/5/20/we-think-the-vancouver-canucks-may-have-a-scouting-problem

EDIT: and I see there's a thread about it now as well as being posted in another thread about the scouts.

Wow, that's crazy

Archived