The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Botchford] Kesler gave a list of 6 (revisited)

according to a Blackhawks blog, Chicago fans seem to think Sharp and Leddy or Sharp and Versteeg would do the trick (for Kesler)...

http://blackhawkup.com/2014/06/13/ryan-kesler-jason-spezza-thornton-chicago-blackhawks/

Ryan Kesler: 6’2 202 lbs, Center who shoots Right handed. The scouting report on Kesler according to the Hockey News is: polished two way player can play offense and defense well. He has size and is money in front of the net on the power play. His career potential is an excellent two way center. Kesler does not come without his flaws also. He sometimes crosses the line to get into people’s heads and can play the body too much.
Now all three of these players would be great additions to the Blackhawks, but is it realistic that Blackhawks can get any of them? Kesler ‘s cap hit is 5 million, Thornton’s cap hit is 7 million, and so Spezza’s cap hit is 7 million dollars. If the Blackhawks want to acquire one of these three players they would need to movePatrick Sharp 5.9 million and someone else or Brent Seabrook 5.8 million and someone else to make the dollars matchup.My personal preference is that Blackhawks somehow free Kesler from Vancouver. He is the youngest and best defensive player of the three players on the trade market. He also gives them another net front presence on their always struggling powe rplay. Everyone knows that Coach Quenneville values defense. Who do you think the Blackhawks should acquire??

AndyJ

Kesler for Sharp and choose a bottom 3 defenseman.
My choice would be Kesler for Sharp and Leddy

ŦẉỏẾẙәᵴ AndyJ

Kesler for sharp....throw in Versteeg?

LT ŦẉỏẾẙәᵴ

Im in for this Leddy prob makes pot sweeter, but canuckleheads would do it pull trigger, my preference would be to keep morin, or Leddy and 27th, maybe throw danualt?

AndyJ ŦẉỏẾẙәᵴ

I'd gladly throw in Versteeg

according to a Blackhawks blog, Chicago fans seem to think Sharp and Leddy or Sharp and Versteeg would do the trick (for Kesler)...

http://blackhawkup.com/2014/06/13/ryan-kesler-jason-spezza-thornton-chicago-blackhawks/

Idk, I'm not feeling that one. Sharp is great, but that's a high cap hit and not getting any younger. I'd rather have some high quality youth. Leddy doesn't impress me anymore than what we already have although he is cheaper, we'd still need to lose a defenceman to fit him into the lineup and versteeg seems to have lost his touch and again, not getting any younger.

If Stl will pony up with

Rattie/jaskin Schwartz/Tarasenko and 1st

Done sounds good to me.

Really interested to see what really happens

Build a statue if Benning can get a return of that measure.........

yeah, I honestly don't see tarasenko in the deal.

they've been shopping Berglund around according to some reports... a 1/2 of Backes/Kesler would be rough to match up against.

the blues pick 21st overall. if its Berglund,21st, I'd have to agree that Rattie would be included as well. 31 goals in his 1st AHL season is quite impressive...

As for Berglund, he hasn't quite achieved the offensive production he showed in his 3rd season... but he's a guy that you could plug into a 2nd line role and perhaps getting away from the Hitchcock system will be of benefit as it seemed to be for Perron... still just 25 and would add some thickness to the roster as well.

Chicago needs to get rid of some cap, so Sharp and Leddy could be legit.

Even if they don't fit our needs, we could always flip them to another team or try to get a 3 way trade going for assests that fit our team better. Sharp at $5.9 million and Leddy at $2.7 million would give us a pretty darn good return on Keslers $5 million.

From St. Louis, if they won't give up Tarasenko, I'd like:

Schwartz + Rattie + 21st

2 good young wingers to go with all our center prospects.

Wow it's ridiculous those of you that are proposing Tarasenko, Rattie and 2015 (1st)

Tarasenko is 22 and had the same amount of points as Kesler in 13 less games. Plus you want Rattie and a 1st. Absolutely ridiculous, will never happen.

Nor would they trade Schwartz, Rattie and a 1st.

Schwartz had even more points and is 21.

Wow it's ridiculous those of you that are proposing Tarasenko, Rattie and 2015 (1st)

Tarasenko is 22 and had the same amount of points as Kesler in 13 less games. Plus you want Rattie and a 1st. Absolutely ridiculous, will never happen.

Nor would they trade Schwartz, Rattie and a 1st.

Schwartz had even more points and is 21.

No doubt a steep price. Ottawa wants a top 6, a quality prospect and a 1st Rounder for Spezza. He is older, more of a one way player and a much higher CAP hit. Tarasenko definitely has top 6 potential,

loved Rattie at WJ (prospect) and a 1st Rounder. Huge price. Probably will not happen unless a bidding

war for Kesler happens which it could. Big question for ST. Louis is whether Kesler takes them to the next playoiff level and whether they force Van into adding a player to make it happen.

No doubt a steep price. Ottawa wants a top 6, a quality prospect and a 1st Rounder for Spezza. He is older, more of a one way player and a much higher CAP hit. Tarasenko definitely has top 6 potential,loved Rattie at WJ (prospect) and a 1st Rounder. Huge price. Probably will not happen unless a biddingwar for Kesler happens which it could. Big question for ST. Louis is whether Kesler takes them to the next playoiff level and whether they force Van into adding a player to make it happen.

That price is just to outlandish for St Louis to consider. Makes no sense for them. In my opinion they'll work a deal around Berglund for amore dynamic centre. I also don't buy the report Kesler is on the blues radar, they need offensive help, ie, Spezza.

Btw Spezza is about14 months older then Kesler, that's it. Not to mention he is ppg player throughout his career, something Kesler is not even close to.

Sharp would definetly be an interesting piece coming back for Kesler. I just don't feel like that's the right deal for us.

Agreed, I think there are much richer pickings out there for the Canucks if we are going to part with Kesler. Whichever form team he goes to will make them 20% better. Especially if they have the speedy playmaker to feed him.

If Chicago would trade us Sharp or Seabrook and Versteeg for Kesler maybe we could flip our 6, Seabrooke/Sharp/Versteeg to Florida for 1st pick. A left winger or a Defense player with cup experience who could help lead Panthers is something you think they would want/need. Than its kind of like kesler and our 6th for 1st. Not sure if that is Over payment or not. Most would agree Kesler for the 1st alone would never happen. Not sure if 6+ Sharp/Versteeg would be enough for the Panthers

Sharp has a limited NMC and Seabrook has a limited NTC. I think Versteeg doesn't have any.

Sharp would look great one our line though as well. But not getting younger with that trade And I wouldn't mind getting Leddy in a trade. But we are backlogged in Defense as it is with our contract prices. So would have to get one of the other NTC to move or trade Tanev.

No thanks. Not that Sharp isn't good but just not the right direction for us.

the canucks could always work out a 3 way deal with florida and chicago that gives the canucks the #1 pick, the panthers -sharp + and the hawks - kesler.

Archived