The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Offseason: Available Free Agents!

S N Y P E R S 7

Some of you might hate this but i really wish for Raffi Torres. I like the fearlessness he brings and i think the teamates he plays with feel safer....

When his hits are clean, and most of the time they are, he hits really hard and makes the other team almost back off.

And who in their right mind wouldnt like Brian Boyle.

One more thought. That Jordie Benn, D-man on Dallas and Jamie's brother. He is going to be a stud in 3 years. I wouldnt mind trading something valueable for that boy. Bieksa # 2.

Damn, forgot about that guy. I agree, love Torres.

I think Hansen and Kesler are gonzo.... Maybe sign a couple depth guys otherwise it'll be a quiet offseason for UFA

although i hope they are not gone, however, i think it's the right time to use some of our young guys for the bottom six. I thought Archibauld did a pretty good job.

Some of you might hate this but i really wish for Raffi Torres. I like the fearlessness he brings and i think the teamates he plays with feel safer....

When his hits are clean, and most of the time they are, he hits really hard and makes the other team almost back off.

And who in their right mind wouldnt like Brian Boyle.

One more thought. That Jordie Benn, D-man on Dallas and Jamie's brother. He is going to be a stud in 3 years. I wouldnt mind trading something valueable for that boy. Bieksa # 2.

I totally agree about Torres.

I hope that we don't blow the cap space by signing a couple of over the hill players for an outrageous contract. Seldom has Vancouver had any luck signing UFA's with the exception of Dan Hamhuis....there has been a parade of busts otherwise.

I would rather give the rookies a chance to get some ice time and experience and then wait for the right trade to present itself. There were countless chances to grab a good player last year but we were up against the cap and couldn't work a deal. There is little depth in the organization (although it did improve under Gillis) so you can't start throwing away draft picks, you have to develop them. If anyone gets traded it will be vets or prospects that are not progressing at the rate that management expects....the ones with promise have to be given the icetime to develop and make this team a contender again.

For forwards: if we do end up moving Kesler, i like the idea of picking up Stastny. Maybe Ott as well. Other than that though, I would rather them give prospects a chance

For defense: Dan Boyle.. for the right price and only if we moved an existing Dman

For goal: I would definitely give Johnson a look

Cammalleri.

The team NEEDS a legitimate scoring winger. One that can be relied upon to score. Probably the only UFA I want right now. A sniper like him would be phenomenal for Horvat's wing.

Not trying to compete for the softest team in nhl history here buds.

One of Brian Boyle or Steve Downie would really solidify our bottom 6.

Wtf that looks more like a Utica wishlist than one for the Canucks.

I'll say. That list really frightens me. If that's the best we can come up with we better keep our wallet in our hip pocket. I liked Pitkanen but sadly I'm not sure he will ever be right after his broken heel (?) pity, because he would have suited us in most aspects.

Hellish bad luck.

"Pitkanen suffered a devastating heel injury in a violent crash into the boards on an icing call last April. He hasn’t played a game since, breaking his heel in eight different places."

I wonder if the loss of Pitkanen, leaves Carolina open to a trade. Tanev + Higgins for Jiri Tlusty :)

B. Boyle or Goc would be great. Either would be the replacement for Manny we've been looking for since his departure..

I would like to pick up a puck moving defenseman like Niskanen, D. Boyle or Timonen, but unless we move someone else, we don't really have room for him on the back end.

Adding a top 6 guy in Cammalleri, Stastny or Gaborik would be nice, but the price would likely be too high. If Michalek can be had on a short deal (1 or 2 years) I would take a stab at him too. Could Moulson be an option?

Heatley could be a bargain bin pick-up. Would help out on the PP.

Archived