The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCREW YOU FIFA!

I´m posting this to show my opinion about this FIFA World Cup because since it´s gonna happen on my country I think it´s fair enought tell people around the globe how I´m feeling about this.

so if you don´t like read all this ignore this and go insult somebody else ok?

I´m posting this as a Brazilian citizen who is seeing what´s happening on my country and not as a tourist who think everything here "Exotic" and "Terrific" just because things are written in portuguese and you can´t understand our language...

so here we go...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st of all. Brazil doesn´t have conditions to receive a large event like this, the idea of make games around the entire Brazil is a stupid mistake because it will cost more and the termal schock to the teams will be absurd. from the extreme 37C of Manaus to 0C of Curitiba...

Teams used with the heat will play better in warm cities while teams used with cold weather will play better on cold cities. Russia playing in Cuiabá?! aham. when a Russian player lived on a place where you can have 40C at 3PM?

also the teams will pass most of their times travelling. a flight from Manaus to São Paulo needs at least 3 hours and 30 minutes. from Recife to Rio? more 4 hours. short hop? sure Rio-São Paulo in 35 minutes. and what about the "pre-flight" time?

Brazil doesn´t have enought airports to all these extra planes. plain and simple. we´re on the limit of our system, even on "normal" situations we have delays, the runways aren´t enought or they´re no long enought to handle with all types of airplanes...

this is not USA where you have one international airport every 20 miles and that airport will have at least 4 runways and 4 terminals able to receive 30 jets each...

NO! our biggest airports only have 2 runways and 3 terminals (Guarulhos and Galeão) and they don´t operate ILS CAT3C on all runways.

but guess what! the cup is in June/July where you have extreme dense fog on sourthern airports such as São Paulo, Rio, Curitiba and Porto Alegre! so be prepared fellow tourist because you might land on another airport and not the one you thought...

and somehow in less than 3 weeks we gonna receive 300% more planes overloading by far our capacity. set the fire gringos! set the fire in the damm hole!

we´re not in USA where you can build a runway in less than a month and we´re not in China where large airports are always easy to do. our Burocracy sucks so much that only living here you will understand how a system shouldn´t work...

Brazil´s government is forcing the General Aviation to give way to the airliners but the same government forget that the "General Aviation" is composed by Executive Airplanes from rich people who donate money to the rich campains of the candidates...

yeah. in 2014 Brazil will have Presidential Elections, in October...

they´re forcing the base of the Aviation (General Aviation) to stay on the ground because it´s much more simple do this than build more runways and airports so planes can have more places to go instead overload the existing airports...

Probably in Florida/USA they have more airports than we have on the entire Brazil...

I have to admit. Congrats FAA and Congrats USA Government. at least in Aviation you guys/girls know how do the job. when I flew there I felt pround to be a Pilot...

BUT this is not the only problem. you fellow tourist will also have to see a wonder of it´s kind the WIP, "Work In Progress". a wonder of it´s kind! take tons of photos and show to your friends when back home!

since our Burocracy is so stupid things here take at least 4 times more to be done than in any other country. so while in Japan and China they build a highway in 2 months...

...well, in Brazil we need 3 years. sorry! :(

you will see people working to make the job done but ALWAYS a court judge will tell something is wrong and will stop the construction, then some court judge will tell "no! the other judge was wrong! proceed with the construction!" and things go on and on and on...

Traffic jams? do YOU think those ones in LA, Chicago, NY or even in Toronto are terrible? pffff...

Just wait. be in São Paulo at 6PM and rarining and you will discover than you can actually see the "quantun teory" pass just in front of your eyes. be there stopped for 3 hours without moving and when you move is only at 5km/h because in Brazil people buy more cars than they need so we´re reaching the "amazing" data of one car per people...

The caos in São Paulo reveal how weak our public transportation sucks. Politics using my money (taxpayer) to clean their asses while we can´t have a decent public transportation system so we can leave our car at home...

and this caos repeats around EVERY SINGLE BIG CITY IN BRAZIL! so in Brazil every city with more than 300.000 people the public transportation will suck to the lowest levels you can imagine...

but the wierd is. cities in Brazil up to 300.000 people have a good transportation system. hmmmm. wierd hein?

them people here wonder "Why Aero is so impressed with the public transportation system of Canada?"

well. now you know. in Canada I could use the public transportation normally and safely, it works...

it might not work for you fellow Canadian because you always want the best and you´re right for demanding this...

but for me. the "skytrain" system was/is a dream...

Violence? nooooooooooo!!!

well. if you served in USA Army/Navy in some war like Vietnam, Iraq or Afghanistan you might even feel "at home" (battlefield)!

have you ever saw a person walking and always looking behind to check who is there? did you?

so. there´s a 99% of probability that person is a Brazilian....

since the end of the Military Administration (regime/dictatorship) or corrupt and stupid democracy doesn´t invest the money on the police force so guess what?

poor payed, poor trained and poor armed the police officer can´t do many things. the bandit has a brand new AK47 but the police had to stop him using a refurbish gun from 1980s because "there´s no money" to rearm the police...

and since the "human right lovers" convinced the government to remove the guns from the people we´re now reliant on our poor equiped, poor payed and poor trained police. but again the government refuse to hire more people to the police force because "it cost money!"

yeah. and I can´t walk safely on streets here, I can´t trust on the police because they will not solve my problem, they will not stop the bad guy who just put a knife on my body seconds ago and thanks to this stupid government I go outside home whitout sure If I gonna go back there in the end of the day!

sorry guys if you´re "no guys" movement but in Brazil good citizens need their guns. period. because we can´t trust on the police to protect ourselves...

so if you ask me "is violent in Brazil?" I will tell you:

"-well. If you served in some war it will not be different, if not, yes, it´s violent, bring your own bulletproof vest"

BUT unlike you after the cup you will return back to USA, Canada and Europe where the government invest money on the police force so the people can be safe...

I will stay here on this mess untill some criminal kill me...

Football? yeaaaahhh!!!!

just like in Ancient Roman Empire "Panis Et Circencis"...

give some food and some entertainment to the population and they will shut up!

sure Brazil love football, sure we won the cup 5 times, sure we export good players, sure we have Pelé and Romário...

sure! all of this super duper sure!

BUT IT´S JUST A SPORT DAMMIT!

people here confuse football as if it was a lifestyle, as if football was more important than education, hospitals, security, infrastructure. you know, things that actually improve the country...

so people here prefer see Brazil winning this Cup than see the country with a better education, better schools, better hospitals, a better police, better infrastructure...

and that´s why even with the enourmous and gigantic natural resources we have...

even if we don´t have tornados, hurricanes, tsunamis, snowstorms, earthquakes and volcanic activities...

we´re still "under development"...

and that´s why countries like Japan when they import almost everything they eat, and the entire Europe where the food is extremely expensive...

those countries have a better education, a better police force, better hospitals and better infrastructure...

and we don´t. :( :(

come on! we have huge natural resources we can use but "thanks" to our stupid and moronic politics and "thanks" to the majority of the Brazilian population who thinks "football" is the most important thing on this planet...

thanks to these people we (Brazil) will never be a 1st world country.

so for me. SCREW THE BRAZIL´S TEAM. SCREW FIFA AND YOUR HUGE EVENT!

I like Hockey! I don´t like football! on my house FIFA doesn´t put a foot without my permition!

I want see Brazil losing to anyone so maybe, just maybe, the population might wake up and realise that "football" is just a sport and doesn´t improve the country...

some people might call me "not patriotic" but I disagree...

I love my country, I like go overseas and say "I´m Brazilian" because my country have good things....

it might not be fancy as be a nuclear superpower like Russia or like an Economical power like USA, we didn´t send the man to the moon, we didn´t create the internet, and the "Brazilian culture" isn´t a model organisation...

BUT we have good things, things that make me and many of "mes" Brazilians...

I like how simple we deal with problems, we don´t call the car insurance to replace a flat tire because we can do this by ourselves...

we eat "rice and beans" normally, our food is cheap, we have the biofuel tecnology since 1970´s and we don´t say "we´re saving the world"...

we don´t make fighters like USA and Russia but our Civil Jets are good made by Embraer, we have Formula-1 and INDY champions...

so Brazil have problems, a lot of problems, so many problems you can´t even count because you gonna be angry...

but if for some reason, for a very wierd reason Brazil entry in a war in the future and if for some even more wierd reason the enemy decide fight my country...

I will be the 1st to join the frontline and keep my country safe and the enemy will see my ugly and angry face protecting our green, our yellow, our blue and our white...

because "be patriotic" is not just show your flag saying "we´re the best"...

NO! be a true patriotic is when you´re able to fight for your country in even of a war no matter if you gonna survive or not...

not because I believe on our politics, hell no! screw them all!

but because I believe someday Brazil will find the right way to be a better country...

stupid dream? probably. probably in 1000 years in the future Brazil will be the same mess as it is today. BUT it´s a dream right?

Honestly I don´t want a FIFA Cup here but it´s done and it´s gonna happen, it will not be the best cup, it´s gonna be a very messy cup. BUT I hope people visiting my country can see that the Brazilian politic doesn´t represent the Brazilian people...

So if you´re coming here welcome to the caos! enjoy, see our nature and eat a lot because the food is very cheap!

but remember. this is not Canada, this is not USA and this is not Europe. We do have problems so don´t send PMs here yelling "memememem your country is caotic" because I told you so...

AND if you´re in Curitiba/PR and if you see a guy wearing a Canucks jersey there´s a 99,99999% of chance that this guy is me because I´m the only guy in Curitiba with a Canucks jersey ;)

Rodrigo Mota

I forgot, does Canada have a team wit the World Cup ever?

Is Canada a part of the BRICS group of nations?

The answer to both of these is....no

Take it elsewhere.....as Brazil has had near a decade to do something about it yet has done less than Canada when faced with Harpers continued gaffes.

We don't need another person complaining about their plight in another country when our own is so perilous these days

Take it elsewhere.....as Brazil has had near a decade to do something about it yet has done less than Canada when faced with Harpers continued gaffes.

We don't need another person complaining about their plight in another country when our own is so perilous these days

Take it elsewhere? I wasn't aware only Canadians were allowed to complain about their problems on these forums. Is this not general discussion?

lmao what

anyway, what's going to happen with the stadiums after the cup? surely the local teams aren't big enough to fill them?

are they just going to get absorbed into the amazon or something

Take it elsewhere? I wasn't aware only Canadians were allowed to complain about their problems on these forums. Is this not general discussion?

Nope.

it is just disheartening to see something so passionate from someone when all of us in our home country just roll over. It is more a sad pass off than it is a condemnation.

Irritating to the extreme to know that we as a nation have not only a fraction of the passion as anywhere else in the world.

I applaud Aero for his passion and drive and a fairly well written account of things.

But it just turns my stomach and makes me bitter to know that to the person as a nation...we can't conjure up a fraction of the spirit put in to this post let alone the energy put in to genuine protests and demands for change in Brazil.

lmao what

anyway, what's going to happen with the stadiums after the cup? surely the local teams aren't big enough to fill them?

are they just going to get absorbed into the amazon or something

good question...

São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Belo Horizonte and Porto Alegre:

these cities have powerfull and strong football teams able to keep many and many games during the entire year. so these cities will have good use for their stadiums after the Cup...

Curitiba, Brasilia, Salvador, Recife, Fortaleza...

well. tought situation. their local football teams aren´t strong so they don´t have games during the entire year. probably it will become some "multi-use arena" to receive other shows during the off-season...

Cuiaba, Natal, Manaus...

I was thinking. what about NASCAR do races there? what about "Jungle 500"? would be awesome. otherwise the stadiums will become super wite elephants...

Nope.

it is just disheartening to see something so passionate from someone when all of us in our home country just roll over. It is more a sad pass off than it is a condemnation.

Irritating to the extreme to know that we as a nation have not only a fraction of the passion as anywhere else in the world.

I applaud Aero for his passion and drive and a fairly well written account of things.

But it just turns my stomach and makes me bitter to know that to the person as a nation...we can't conjure up a fraction of the spirit put in to this post let alone the energy put in to genuine protests and demands for change in Brazil.

Because Canadians have the best so they complain about things where in many countries it would be considered ideal...

really. send us the "skytrain" tecnology and we gonna be super happy...

also I saw how things can be done to work when I lived in North America (USA and Canada) so I know how and what can be done to improve my own country.

I´m angry because we have the resources but looks like our politics simply don´t want improve our nation :(

good question...

São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Belo Horizonte and Porto Alegre:

these cities have powerfull and strong football teams able to keep many and many games during the entire year. so these cities will have good use for their stadiums after the Cup...

Curitiba, Brasilia, Salvador, Recife, Fortaleza...

well. tought situation. their local football teams aren´t strong so they don´t have games during the entire year. probably it will become some "multi-use arena" to receive other shows during the off-season...

Cuiaba, Natal, Manaus...

I was thinking. what about NASCAR do races there? what about "Jungle 500"? would be awesome. otherwise the stadiums will become super wite elephants...

that's what they say about all the Olympic buildings that get abandoned, too. haha

Because Canadians have the best so they complain about things where in many countries it would be considered ideal...

really. send us the "skytrain" tecnology and we gonna be super happy...

also I saw how things can be done to work when I lived in North America (USA and Canada) so I know how and what can be done to improve my own country.

I´m angry because we have the resources but looks like our politics simply don´t want improve our nation :(

your last sentence sums up Canadian life and politics perfectly.

Looks good on the surface but that's about it

that's what they say about all the Olympic buildings that get abandoned, too. haha

and you gonna believe in what a Brazilian politician say?

cost 10 times more, takes 10 times more to be built. ahhhh.

I told ya. hey NASCAR, do some races here, JUNGLE 500, FAVELA 300, MUD and FOG 400. so many race tracks for cheap!

Rio de Janeiro is the New Jersey of Brazil. if you want find a wierdo in Brazil go to Rio de Janeiro...

Strange how in democracy all over, the politicians don't seem to listen to, or help the regular people.

Seriously?

Politicians, elected or not, treat "the regular people" like livestock to be breed and reared so that they can be sheared, milked, and slaughtered for the politicians' and their cronies' enrichment.

did not read but +1'd for having a canucks jersey in brazil lol

actually there´s 4...

2 of mine.

1 sister use ...

1 my Nephew (2 years and 10 months) also have his one. ok, many times he also use my jerseys because he likes the Canucks. he says "Vancuvu Kinacks" but he recognises the Jersey, the Canadian flag and even where is Vancouver on the world map :)

FIFA is not the problem, Brazilian governments at all levels are.

No I think FIFA is at least part of the problem. They gave the 2022WC to Qatar, it can get up to 50C there in the summer. They are supposed to be getting fully air conditioned stadiums. Even blatter said earlier this month that it might have been a mistake to award the 2022 world cup to them. They have terrible working conditions at the construction sites and have you seen what they expect women to wear in that heat?

In Brazil they have spent all this money to build new stadiums when it could've been better spent elsewhere. Maybe Brazil shouldn't have made a bid but they did and it's supposed to be up to FIFA to choose a host country that can realistically pull the event off.

Strange how in democracy all over, the politicians don't seem to listen to, or help the regular people.

As Trey Parker and Matt Stone noted in a democracy we have to choose between a giant dueche or a turd sandwich , it's a no win situtation which means were are choosing between the lesser of two evils.

Archived