The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder

William_Clarkson

I think next year he should be given the second line center spot.

Put him Kess and Kassian together in a room and say "You're together all year so figure it out"

Treat him like a top 6 player, give him time to grow into the role and watch him become one.

Don't think so, he'd likely be better off in the East where there's a little more room to create offensively. Schroeder is pretty dangerous with open ice, however he's not very effective in traffic due to his size. For Schroeder to be effective here, he would have to play with big wingers to create that open ice for him.

Put him Kess and Kassian together in a room and say "You're together all year so figure it out"

Treat him like a top 6 player, give him time to grow into the role and watch him become one.

I'm really hoping the days of players here being "given" anything are now over.

The thing is if we were to keep him it isn't to groom him into a checking center, it would be to turn him into a second line calibre playmaker. I don't think putting him on the third or fourth line against goons and checkers is beneficial for him in the slightest.

I want him to stay because he has all the skill in the world to be a Little/Roy/St.Louis-esque player, he just needs the right coach.

Maybe, but as for right now he's playing with zero edge and almost zero confidence. If he wants to progress as a player, it might have to be somewhere else. Change of scenery = new opportunity.

Not sure if thats a good idea.. make him earn it.. re-sign him to another 1 yr contract as we have nothing to lose and start off in the preseason and go from there.

I would re-sign him and see what he can do next season. He is certianly a decent AHLer at this point so it would help out Utica if he doesn't make the team.

He does have some trade value so adding him to a trade could also sweeten the pot a little bit.

Archived