The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offical] Kesler traded to Anaheim

TheRussianRocket.

Yes the root of that divide being this:

Bryan Murry is a cheap Pr#$k!

As far as I'm concerned, whatever lowball offer he gave Gillis while he played golf last deadline day should be his OPENING offer. If he offers less, Benning should tell him where to shove the phone before hanging up.

Why all the hate because of his list of teams?

Kesler took a paycut and in return received a NTC. It's contractually HIS RIGHT to be able to demand which team he goes too. All Kesler is doing is using HIS RIGHT to go to where he wants too.

Sure he could be a super nice guy and just open up his list to include all teams so the Canucks majorly benefit, at the expense of his happiness. By why would he do that? he's given his whole career to this city so far, played through injuries, battled when no one else did and took a paycut on his last contract. Why should he give more?

Would all of you sacrifice your happiness and rights in order to appease your boss and make their lives better?

As far as I'm concerned, whatever lowball offer he gave Gillis while he played golf last deadline day should be his OPENING offer. If he offers less, Benning should tell him where to shove the phone before hanging up.

That offer was actually really good,

Now he wants revenge...

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/26/kesler-sweepstakes-is-only-heating-up/

Kesler sweepstakes is only heating up

Vancouver Canucks GM Jim Benning insisted earlier on Thursday that he’s comfortable with the idea of keeping Ryan Kesler in the fold if the right move isn’t available, echoing his predecessor’s stance. If nothing else, it sounds like the Canucks will have plenty of proposals to leaf through over what could be a crucial couple of days.

Of course, Kesler’s no-trade clause could make the number of suitors largely irrelevant, at least beyond the few he’s reportedly interested in working with.

Either way, ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that the Kesler trade talk has only been heating up during the last 24 hours.

More than a few people believe that the St. Louis Blues rank among the teams angling for the 29-year-old center, as it’s plausible that they re-signed Patrik Berglund merely to make him an easier asset to trade.

There’s talk that the Anaheim Ducks are on Kesler’s (very) short list of palatable destinations, but the asking price might be a little too rich for reigning GM of the Year Bob Murray’s taste:

Again, the increased interest as the 2014 NHL Draft approaches might do little except possibly give Benning a little more leverage:

Much like the NBA’s own draft this week, one thing remains clear: this could be an exciting and wild time even before the first selection is made in Philadelphia.

Sounds like teams will most likely know tomorrow what the final cap is for next year: LINK HERE

I think this has been holding a lot of things up on trades. Teams that are really tight up against the cap (Chicago, Boston) need to know how much space they have as soon as possible to really start making moves.

I'm getting really confused with the timezones over there. When is the draft going to start? Just tell me how many hours from now so I can do the math myself when to be awake and when to sleep. :lol:

12 Midnight Grenwich time .. 1 AM for you?

24 hours from NOW!!!!

Archived