The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning has placed offer for 1st overall; impressed by local prospect Reinhart

TheRussianRocket.

Latest:

@DarrenDreger:

Canucks and Panthers still talking. Van offer for 1st pick believed to be 6th, 24th and last years 1st rnd pick, Hunter Shinkaruk. #TSN

OP:

http://www.theprovince.com/touch/story.html?id=9896591

...what a splash that would be if JB for his first move trades up to 1st/2nd overall and gets the hometown boy Reinhart. Very intriguing as JB is open to moving up and down...I personally hope if anything he trades down to get a higher pick and hopefully Reinhart.

And just so save some time, no Kesler will not go to Buffalo or Florida in a package to acquire the pick.

Kesler may not go to Florida or Buffalo but that is not to say that a three way deal can't be formulated and executed.

When you have a GM that other GM's can relate / talk to I suspect the unexpected could happen.

I understand this is tantalizing, but every year theres news of the Canucks "exploring the possibility of moving up" and it never happens. Then when it actually does happen it comes completely out of left field. (Schneider for 9th).

I'm just saying don't hold your breath.

Trading some players to move up to the draft can be good decision for the canucks especially if they decide to trade Kes out. He can be the answer to the question who will be the next 2C if Kes will be traded. Then again we also have Bo a pretty good shutdown center but a little questionable on his offense.

Anyways i think Bo can develop that part of his game.

If JB will go for Sam it could be big risk but the kid can be th next franchise player, how i wish he can be that uf he falls to our team!

If Benning wants to impress - the draft will be the time to do it. I just hope we have the man that has the balls to actually make a move when things are hot, unlike our previous GM who waited until both of our star assets were worth nothing before moving them.

Fuggin Gillis.

Trading some players to move up to the draft can be good decision for the canucks especially if they decide to trade Kes out. He can be the answer to the question who will be the next 2C if Kes will be traded. Then again we also have Bo a pretty good shutdown center but a little questionable on his offense.

Anyways i think Bo can develop that part of his game.

If JB will go for Sam it could be big risk but the kid can be th next franchise player, how i wish he can be that uf he falls to our team!

Dont let ban tsn hear you say that

I don't think he's franchise material, but he is the perfect understudy to Henrik Sedin.

It's proven you can with with two 1a's... so if Benning believes that horvat is his Bergeron, then we could be looking strong down the middle going forward.

I don't think he's franchise material, but he is the perfect understudy to Henrik Sedin.

It's proven you can with with two 1a's... so if Benning believes that horvat is his Bergeron, then we could be looking strong down the middle going forward.

Boston has Krejci and Bergeron down the middle and it's made them a powerhouse. Having both Reinhart and Bo would be very close to that in a few years imo.

I sure as hell hope JB can do it. You need centres to win and this would be a major move which might not cost too much. Reinhart is the best all around player in the draft and has been compared to the likes of John Tavares. Check this out:

Sam Reinhart is the best all-around player in this year's class. The center from Vancouver's most outstanding attribute is his hockey sense but he also boasts great poise, hands, vision, passing, and leadership. Reinhart is projected to be one of the top players selected this summer, if not the first overall pick.

Once he gets to the NHL he is almost certainly projected to be a first line center, cast in the mold of John Tavares because of his leadership abilities and great hockey IQ. He's less of a sniper and more of a puck distributor than Tavares is, though.

Quotes

"He has a complete game at both ends of the ice. He does everything well. He won't get you overly excited, but from a coaching perspective, he's the guy you always want on the ice in critical situations. He's your go-to guy and team leader and is just going to be consistent at the junior level, and eventually the pro level."

--- Peter Sullivan, Central Scouting

"Sam is extremely responsible in any area of the ice," Central Scouting's B.J. MacDonald told NHL.com. "He has exceptional anticipation and is a very good opportunist; having the ability to make something out of nothing. He can dish the puck effortlessly to both sides and have very high hockey IQ, is sneaky good and dangerous every shift."

Sounds like a game breaker to me. I'm all in to move up for him if the price is reasonable.

If Sam is what Jim really wants, I hope he finds a way to get it done.

I hope if there's a trade made to get him, it's with buffalo. If it's with Florida, we as a fan base will debate for the next fifteen years between Ekblad and him.

Also if kesler is gone, which seems more like a when, not if... that's a huge gap on the 2nd line.

I hope if there's a trade made to get him, it's with buffalo. If it's with Florida, we as a fan base will debate for the next fifteen years between Ekblad and him.

Also if kesler is gone, which seems more like a when, not if... that's a huge gap on the 2nd line.

We would have cap to sign UFA's with Kesler moved.

Santorelli could also be resigned for cheap.

Archived