The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Alberts: Career might be over

Strombone1

Developing_Header.jpg

In Depth Article:

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Andrew+Alberts+hoping+without+headaches/9898138/story.html#ixzz33Ui6DCg8

Plagued by post-concussion symptoms, Vancouver defenseman Andrew Alberts knows his nine-year NHL career might be done.
Alberts, 32, was concussed on a hit from Calgarys Brian McGrattan in late December, one that ended his season entirely and left him with daily headaches nearly five months later.

Source:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/02/canucks-alberts-concussion-knows-career-might-be-over

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/02/canucks-alberts-concussion-knows-career-might-be-over/

Plagued by post-concussion symptoms, Vancouver defenseman Andrew Alberts knows his nine-year NHL career might be done.

Alberts, 32, was concussed on a hit from Calgarys Brian McGrattan in late December, one that ended his season entirely and left him with daily headaches nearly five months later.

there's a pretty in depth article about it in the sun.

Very true and powerful statement from Alberts. Via the sun. I feel bad for the guy.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Andrew+Alberts+hoping+without+headaches/9898138/story.html

“I don’t think that’s in his nature,” Alberts says. “I think there should have been some supplemental discipline. If I’m Sidney Crosby, it’s probably a 15-game suspension. The frustrating part is I’m working my ass off trying to be on the team and get in the lineup, something like that happens and the guy gets off free and now here I am just hoping I can have one day without headaches.

“I’ve kind of just let it go because there’s no point in dwelling on what happened. I just want to get healthy again to the point where I’m not having issues and can just have a normal day around the house. That’s where my focus is right now.” - Andrew Alberts

I think we all knew this was inevitable after his missing the whole season.

Glad the league looks at these seriously.

That is 2 by the way, 2 (ah ah ah) defensemen that have basically been done in wearing a Canucks jersey via concussion and no disciplinary action via concussion in the last 5 years.

Very true and powerful statement from Alberts. Via the sun. I feel bad for the guy.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Andrew+Alberts+hoping+without+headaches/9898138/story.html

He nailed it. If he'd been a star or a top player there probably would have been supplemental discipline.

I'm not a fan of him as a player, but hopefully he can make as full a recovery as possible. Concussions are no laughing matter.

Stay classy NHL/Flames.

Yeah,Gillis' signing of head injured players outlines his level of competence in his former position.

Best to AA.

Yeah, this post outlines the level of competence in your posting history, nuck nit.

Andrew Alberts didn't deserve to have his career end this way. I hope he pulls through and plays again.

I wonder if they've misdiagnosed him like Crosby having an upper cervical problem causing concussion like symptoms. Once they found that on Crosby he was back playing shortly there after.

Yeah, this post outlines the level of competence in your posting history, nuck nit.

Andrew Alberts didn't deserve to have his career end this way. I hope he pulls through and plays again.

I support head injured players in and through my posting history.

I have also pointed out that Gillis has stated he did not understand head injuries and continued to sign brain injured players until he was fired.

Your answer outlines your level of awareness of others on this board,TO. It also implies much more so get it together ,bud.

I support head injured players in and through my posting history.

I have also pointed out that Gillis has stated he did not understand head injuries and continued to sign brain injured players until he was fired.

Your answer outlines your level of awareness of others on this board,TO. It also implies much more so get it together ,bud.

Willie Mitchell?

I have a fond memory of Andrews. Don't get the hate for him, he's a hard working depth guy that was decent. Nothing spectacular but a good 7th/8th Dman

Hope he gets better and is able to live his life.

I think most people feel we overpaid to acquire him.

He was pretty awful that first chunk of time after he was traded here.

Archived