The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official]2014 FIFA World Cup l Germany wins 2014 World Cup l

Blueberries

Marco Reus ruled out of the tournament. Even though Germany still has a lot of depth in his position, he is arguably their best and most important player at the moment.

Huge Blow for Germany.. I had them picked to win.. but having Marco Reus not controlling the middle is going to be a huge blow to Germany's chances.

Portugal is in trouble even with him, IMO

We've got one of the most balanced squads in the tourny IMO, so no,

Should've brought Danny, Portugal.

Their defence still looks great on paper though, and they have a great playmaker in Joao Moutinho, who I expect will shred Ghana and USA's defenders. Portugal would still advance without Ronaldo imo.

Meh vierinha/varela are probably better than Danny. Yeah the defense is solid as fck and the midfield is pretty solid as well, especially Moutinho.

Bingo. People think Ronaldo makes the great. He gives them a Bette chance but the team isn't up to the level as some of the other teams. In the same type of boat as England - lots of hype and expectations but reality aren't that good. Will both have to play just A standard football to go far.

...still remember last WC...Lampard fricken scored that against Germany, so disappointing. Beautiful strike, bar down, and the just newly implemented goal line judge missed it. What retards :picard:

Would've changed the complextion of the game completely if it had counted and actually gave England a chance. Should have been a 2-2 game and from there, England could've sat back and played defensive to force it to penalties instead being down 2-1, going on the offensive and sacrificing defense. Bad memories :(

It wasn't newly implemented, it was being tested in limited amounts at the U21s and it was because of this goal/no goal that they implemented it... but yeah I was pissed too.

my pick is a bit of a homer pick because Ronaldo is my favourite player along with Rooney so obviously Portugal is my number one pick second england third gonna go with the home team Brazil dark horse is Belgium but next world cup they're gonna be heavy favourites kinda young atm

but spain I think they're a good team but their time is up if Diego Costa isn't 100% they won't even make the semi-final, Germany seems like a good pick but they have no elite/legit striker + Reus is injured there best mid, the dutch team is a gamble who knows how they will perform if they play as a team I can see them making a real run if they don't early exit for them, Brazil are solid at defense/ mid, goalie is a question mark also depends if Neymar can carry them, ( I watch a lot of soccer/football, it would be amazing if Portugal and Aregetina make it to the finals Messi vs Ronaldo winner takes all :towel::frantic:

Bingo. People think Ronaldo makes the great. He gives them a Bette chance but the team isn't up to the level as some of the other teams. In the same type of boat as England - lots of hype and expectations but reality aren't that good. Will both have to play just A standard football to go far.

...still remember last WC...Lampard fricken scored that against Germany, so disappointing. Beautiful strike, bar down, and the just newly implemented goal line judge missed it. What retards :picard:

Would've changed the complextion of the game completely if it had counted and actually gave England a chance. Should have been a 2-2 game and from there, England could've sat back and played defensive to force it to penalties instead being down 2-1, going on the offensive and sacrificing defense. Bad memories :(

I remember that, I was pissed about that. They didn't have any goal line judge/tech....At that point I just wanted them to be able to go upstairs for a call, like in hockey.

I don't know if it would've changed the outcome of the game or not tho.

my pick is a bit of a homer pick because Ronaldo is my favourite player along with Rooney so obviously Portugal is my number one pick second england third gonna go with the home team Brazil dark horse is Belgium but next world cup they're gonna be heavy favourites kinda young atm

but spain I think they're a good team but their time is up if Diego Costa isn't 100% they won't even make the semi-final, Germany seems like a good pick but they have no elite/legit striker + Reus is injured there best mid, the dutch team is a gamble who knows how they will perform if they play as a team I can see them making a real run if they don't early exit for them, Brazil are solid at defense/ mid, goalie is a question mark also depends if Neymar can carry them, ( I watch a lot of soccer/football, it would be amazing if Portugal and Aregetina make it to the finals Messi vs Ronaldo winner takes all :towel::frantic:

Only to have Sergio Aguero out shine them both. :P

I would love England to win, but realistically it won't happen.

My other favourites are Spain and Netherlands but I don't fancy their chances due to the climate.

Not really too bothered who wins really (except Germany, they can lose every game please).

Will be very disappointed and shocked if Argentina doesn't win. Huge forward a midfield depth on that team. If Messi can find his best form I am sure they will take the cup. Aguero, Higuain, and especially Di Maria are at their peak right now.

if for some reason Argentina or Uruguay win this cup on the very next day you will see this on newspapers...

LA REVOLUCION STARTED. AND IT´S WAY OUT OF CONTROL IN BRAZIL...

NEYMAR´S CRUCIFIXION TOMORROW 9PM IN RIO DE JANEIRO, MARACANÃ. BRING YOUR GUNS AND KNIVES...

BRAZIL NO LONGER EXIST. NOW IT´S "SOUTH CONFEDERACY" AND "LAMPIÃO OXENTE BICHINHO FEDERATION"

DILMA KILLED TRYING TO SCAPE TO CUBA.

BRAZILIAN ANGRY MOB INTERCEPT DILMA BEFORE "SHE" ARRIVES IN CUBA AND KILL DILMA AGAIN JUST TO BE SURE. UNITED NATION IS WORRIED ABOUT THE VIOLENCE...

BRAZILIAN ANGRY MOB SEND A MESSAGE TO AL QAEDA: "YOU´RE THE NEXT"...

RIO DE JANEIRO NOW HAS A NEW NAME. IRAQUISTAN

CALL OF DUTY 7 "WAR IN FAVELAS" IS RELEASED...

BRAZILIAN MILITARY TAKE THE POWER, CLOSE THE CONGRESS AND SAY "SHUT UP AND OBEY OUR ORDERS! WE WILL NOT BE GOOD THIS TIME!"

HUMMER SALES RISES 10.000% IN BRAZIL AND 1.000.000% IN IRAQUISTAN (FORMER "RIO DE JANEIRO")

100 WAYS TO PROTECT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY FROM A MASS DESTRUCTIVE ANGRY MOB ATTACK...

AK47 40% OFF ONLY IN WALLMART BRAZIL...

http://gawker.com/john-oliver-explains-how-fifa-will-ruin-the-world-cup-a-1588022581

Amazing video about FIFA and Brazil. My wife being Brazilian I hear about things happening in Brazil daily from her family. For example they are building a 250 million dollar stadium in Manaus too host 4 games. Only problem is that they don't have an official football team. Not to mention the town is almost impossible to get to by car........

Couldn't disagree with you any more, man. When you say pick I'm assuming you're predicting Portugal and England to be the favourites to win. That's crazy. England has done terribly under Roy Hodgson and they always suck in hot weather. Portugal doesn't have a single superstar other than Ronaldo, who's injured right now. Maybe they'll go far if Pepe kicks enough guys in the balls. If you're just rooting for those teams... prepare to be disappointed.

Spain is my pick for #1. True, they might have to play Torres or Villa up front, but they could also move Fabregas up or play six mids (no FW) like del Bosque did back in Euro 12. Germany is almost a carbon copy of Spain at this point. They lost Reus, but he's not even their best midfielder. Losing a midfielder is something Germany can afford. Losing Klose would mean pushing a guy like Podolski up, which is bad. But Reus is completely replaceable.

But yes, Brazil is going to have to lean on Neymar. And Neymar might fail them the same way he failed Barcelona this season.

Couldn't disagree with you any more, man. When you say pick I'm assuming you're predicting Portugal and England to be the favourites to win. That's crazy. England has done terribly under Roy Hodgson and they always suck in hot weather. Portugal doesn't have a single superstar other than Ronaldo, who's injured right now. Maybe they'll go far if Pepe kicks enough guys in the balls. If you're just rooting for those teams... prepare to be disappointed.

Spain is my pick for #1. True, they might have to play Torres or Villa up front, but they could also move Fabregas up or play six mids (no FW) like del Bosque did back in Euro 12. Germany is almost a carbon copy of Spain at this point. They lost Reus, but he's not even their best midfielder. Losing a midfielder is something Germany can afford. Losing Klose would mean pushing a guy like Podolski up, which is bad. But Reus is completely replaceable.

But yes, Brazil is going to have to lean on Neymar. And Neymar might fail them the same way he failed Barcelona this season.

Those are my picks it may be crazy if England can make it but Portugal wouldn't surprise that many people they have a solid team and Ronaldo is gonna be ready for the world cup, and I disagree Reus isn't a replaceable player he's Germany's best mid, and Spain will only bring Torres or Villa from the bench Diego Costa is there only reliable striker, I personally think their time is up and I think Neymay will deliver the question is if the supporting cast will help him out or not

http://gawker.com/john-oliver-explains-how-fifa-will-ruin-the-world-cup-a-1588022581

Amazing video about FIFA and Brazil. My wife being Brazilian I hear about things happening in Brazil daily from her family. For example they are building a 250 million dollar stadium in Manaus too host 4 games. Only problem is that they don't have an official football team. Not to mention the town is almost impossible to get to by car........

ok. Kurtis let´s go :)

"Not to mention the town is almost impossible to get to by car........"

it isn´t possible to drive in any city located in the North of Brazil. because people there drive just like a "demolition derby" so unless you like those "big ones" from NASCAR I recomend you all to take a taxi and fasten your seatbelts...

"My wife being Brazilian I hear about things happening in Brazil daily from her family."

I´m really curious about this, you´re Canadian and your wife in Paraense. SO your kids will be half Canadian and half Paraense...

I´m wondering how will you react when your kids say "eh" and "Égua" or "Pai D`égua" and start support Paysandu or Remo instead Vancouver Whitecaps... :lol:

man that´s a real wierd compination. you have to admit... :bigblush:

"For example they are building a 250 million dollar stadium in Manaus too host 4 games. Only problem is that they don't have an official football team"

this is THE prove to show to the entire world how the Brazilian politics are stupid. Manaus DOES NOT HAVE A FOOTBALL TEAM...

"Thanks" Lula, you 9 fingers stupid as#%@le!

ok, they have BUT they´re really weak, they can´t even qualify for the "D" division of the Brazilian Championship (soccer). to compare the Paysandu Team (from Pará) is on the "B" (second) division of the Brazilian Championship...

SO it would have being much more inteligent host the cup in Belém since Paysandu and Remo could use the stadium after the cup. Manaus WILL NOT USE the stadium because they don´t have football team...

the same will happen in Cuiaba, Natal and Brasilia...

"Amazing video about FIFA and Brazil"

you´re part of this messy and unique country dude. BUT You have no obligation to vote... (Vote in Brazil is MANDATORY)

Man. I envy you! :P

Archived