The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

I grabbed the Skyrim Legendary Edition to get the DLCs cheaper.

Thinking about Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate also since I've never played that series and I've heard good things.

Also got the Legendary Edition just to get the DLC cheaper (will spend the next few weeks pimping it out with mods).

Dragon Age is a great game. I sunk 100's of hours in to the base game on the 360. I got the Ultimate version during one of the sales, but haven't touched it yet. So I can't speak on if the DLC for it is good.

I grabbed the Skyrim Legendary Edition to get the DLCs cheaper.

Thinking about Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate also since I've never played that series and I've heard good things.

Dragon Age:

- Brilliant first game. If it's not the type of game you get bored of, you might love it the same way I do.

- Frustratingly limited second game though. I just hated it. Loathed it by the end. Good first act, but a mess the rest of the way.

As for Skyrim, if you haven't already played the DLCs, you might like them. I enjoyed them more than most.

Had to pick up Stanley Parable after missing out on it last sale. Not as cheap as I would've liked ($5.99 I believe) but I haven't bought anything else, so whatever.

I was thinking about getting it, but it was only 40% off on the winter sale; and 6 months later, is another 20% the best they could do? Anyone I know that has played it has only had good things to say about it, but refuse to say anything because it would be a spoiler. Only saying that I had to try it for myself.

Pricing is really weak though.

So I decided to snag the State of Decay collection (knowing next to nothing about the game).

Hope it provides some entertainment.

I like it a lot. Just the core concept of the game, and its mechanics. The execution is a bit buggy and stiff though. It's probably the only zombie game I've played since L4D where I felt it just like they had the right idea down for how a zombie game should play.

Like said, earlier today, I bought the Breakdown DLC, but I prefer an endgame, as opposed to something that's intentionally limitless survival. Not even too sure why I bought it, lol.

Also got the Legendary Edition just to get the DLC cheaper (will spend the next few weeks pimping it out with mods).

Dragon Age is a great game. I sunk 100's of hours in to the base game on the 360. I got the Ultimate version during one of the sales, but haven't touched it yet. So I can't speak on if the DLC for it is good.

From what I hear, the Awakening expansion is amazing.

Edited by DollarAndADream

From what I hear, the Awakening DLC is amazing.

It's not a DLC, it's a fullblown expansion.

And it's pretty good, I guess. Better than any of the individual small DLCs that come with the game. Not as good as the main game, for sure. Though once you finish the main game, you may hunger for more, and there's a lot to dig into with Awakening.

• Upvote 1

It's not a DLC, it's a fullblown expansion.

And it's pretty good, I guess. Better than any of the individual small DLCs that come with the game. Not as good as the main game, for sure. Though once you finish the main game, you may hunger for more, and there's a lot to dig into with Awakening.

I was about to write expansion, then changed my mind to DLC. Now I edited my post. :P

Yeah, the bundle on sale right now comes with everything. I was thinking about grabbing it and setting up a PS3 controller or something to use with the game instead of mouse/keyboard as I assume it's probably better that way. Not sure how to go about that but it should be simple.

I was about to write expansion, then changed my mind to DLC. Now I edited my post. :P

Yeah, the bundle on sale right now comes with everything. I was thinking about grabbing it and setting up a PS3 controller or something to use with the game instead of mouse/keyboard as I assume it's probably better that way. Not sure how to go about that but it should be simple.

The game is designed for the keyboard/mouse. You'll see when you play it. I'm fairly certain there's not even the option to use a controller built into the game.

Though I'll say this, if you bind the pause button to the middle click button on a 3 button mouse, you won't need to use anything but that mouse. If it's more than 3 button, even better. I just layed back with my mouse and played through hours upon hours of this game, lol.

Borderlands 2 GOTY edition for under $10. Already have the game but the dozen or so DLC packs in the GOTY edition are far cheaper here than individually.

Metro - Last light for $6.75 includes all 7 expansion packs.

Tomb Raider for $4.99. One of those games I was Meh about last year but now the price is right.

Will see what else pops up in the next few days. These sales are where I do ALL of my game buying each time they come around. I havent paid more than $10 for a game in years. Makes paying $70 for a console game for the kids seem like a scam lol.

Notable deals

Payday: The Heist $1.50
Terraria $2.
Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition $10.
The Last Remnant $2.50
How to Survive $3.75
BattleBlock Theater $3.75
Outlast $5
Tomb Raider $5
Fable: The Lost Chapters $2
Natural Selection 2 $3.75
Sleeping Dogs $4

I either already have, or don't want almost all of these games that have shown up. And of those that are left over, I don't want to use Steam to buy them.

I'm just twiddling my thumbs waiting over passing flash sales. The main things I'm looking at right now are Transistor, Banner Saga, Banished, Stanley's Parable, and the Shadowrun Returns DLC. None look like they will be all too cheap. Maybe I'm just waiting for a surprise deal.

I would totally recommend Borderlands 2 (plus its 4 DLCs), and Tomb Raider to anyone who doesn't already have them. Very fun games. Outlast and Sleeping Dogs are also worth the trouble, if they sound like games you'd like, I think they're both great.

edit: also Kentucky Route Zero is something I want, but the pricing seems even more out of whack then those other things I'm waiting on.

Edited by g_bassi13

Has anyone played Metal Gear Rising? Does it have much to do with the other MGS games?

I'm a huge MGS fan myself but I sort of steered away from Rising when it came out because it looks like just a hack n slash.

I played it for a bit, and it's definitely hack and slashy. Not too bad though. I'm not really a fan of the style of the game outside the gameplay though. It's more into that weirder side of the franchise, similar to the newer final fantasy and resident evil games. Unnecessarily off course.

And I also know that it's ridiculously short.

I either already have, or don't want almost all of these games that have shown up. And of those that are left over, I don't want to use Steam to buy them.

What reason do you have for not wanting to use steam to buy games? Functionally it has worked pretty well flawlessly for me so far.

What reason do you have for not wanting to use steam to buy games? Functionally it has worked pretty well flawlessly for me so far.

It has worked far from flawlessly for me, but it's far largely other reasons I'm not interested, and I'd rather not get into this again on this forum. I just meant it as part of an off handed comment about how this sale has offered little to me so far.

Maybe I'm just getting used to seeing the sales and am expecting more, or they know they don't have to wow people because they are all going to be checking out the sales. I'm looking purely for indie games, if that gives you an idea of why I haven't been impressed with the prices.

Grabbed Tomb Raider. Always wanted to play it but people told me it was a bit short of a game, although a great one. Can't go wrong for $5 though.

It's not that short. It's not long, but it's probably twice as long as Metal Gear. A solid 14-16 hours if you rush through everything. Longer if you're a completionist.

I missed State of Decay. Icri

You can come over to my place and play if you want.

Edited by g_bassi13

It's not that short. It's not long, but it's probably twice as long as Metal Gear. A solid 14-16 hours if you rush through everything. Longer if you're a completionist.

That's odd then that I hear people calling it short as if it's a huge blow to the value. 14-16 hours+ if you rush it(and I never rush games) is a great value for me. I should have played it long ago.

I think it was free on PS Plus a month or 2 ago and I should have grabbed it then, but I didn't have Plus.

Edited by DollarAndADream

That's odd then that I hear people calling it short as if it's a huge blow to the value. 14-16 hours+ if you rush it(and I never rush games) is a great value for me. I should have played it long ago.

I think it was free on PS Plus a month or 2 ago and I should have grabbed it then, but I didn't have Plus.

I would think it takes at least 14 hours to finish. But then again I am a very slow gamer, lol.

You all better have voted for the set of games with Transistor in it.

Or else.

I did. But 25%? Better than nothing, I guess. Sort of.

Edited by g_bassi13