The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

Well my very lackluster searching abilities revealed there was not a thread for PC gamers. I could very well have just skimmed over it, but I can't recall ever seeing one here.

Well there's one here now.

So... Star Citizen is looking gorgeous.

Edited by Tanev's Smirk
  • Upvote 1

I have been eyeing up these 2 games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j4YJ_5kHEI&feature=kp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQHoeDxS95Y

Though I hope they add multiplayer to The Forest for it's real release or at some point.

I have been eyeing up these 2 games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j4YJ_5kHEI&feature=kp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQHoeDxS95Y

Though I hope they add multiplayer to The Forest for it's real release or at some point.

The Forest is in the very early stages. When I played it last the save system wasn't in a working state (that may have been fixed this morning), there's limited space to explore and the optimization is horrible, but those are all expected issues when you're buying in to a product in the Early Access stage.

I lost everything in Day Z last night. I had so much stuff........killed a good amount of people in shootouts also.

Last night....scavenging through a bedroom and I turn around to a gun pointed at my head. No greeting or anything, just dead. :(

Ouch; I'm holding off on playing it again until vehicles are added (I really just like to repair them and leave them for random people).

So I've logged nearly 1300 hours in Marvel Heroes... :huh:.

Waiting until the Steam Summer Sale to buy some games. I'm interested in State of Decay. Is it any good on PC?

I'll be doing the same thing.

I have a little over $5 in my Steam Wallet right now and I don't plan on using it until the Summer Sale. Usually there's a ton of games around that price. Hell, last year I saw Skyrim for $5 as a flash sale.

So GOG will be launching their own DRM-free online gaming platform.

Yup. Sounds wonderful. Don't know how many publishers they can get to sign on, but as a gamer you have to love the initiative.

What are your guys thoughts on Early Access gaming? I'm personally not a fan.

If we continue to feed developers money for unfinished products what is their incentive to actually 'complete' the game.

I feel like everyone is still scrambling to capitalize on the success of Minecraft and Terraria but is doing it with a less ethical business model. For instance Survival Sandbox games are a dime a dozen now since Day Z (the mod) enjoyed such tremendous success.

• Upvote 1

If we continue to feed developers money for unfinished products what is their incentive to actually 'complete' the game.

I feel like everyone is still scrambling to capitalize on the success of Minecraft and Terraria but is doing it with a less ethical business model. For instance Survival Sandbox games are a dime a dozen now since Day Z (the mod) enjoyed such tremendous success.

I like the idea of Early Access gaming mainly because it supports the developers (and you get them at a discount), but I've stopped playing all the ones I've bought into.

These are all the Early Access games I'm currently apart of: Grim Dawn, The Forest, DayZ Stand Alone, Interstellar Marines and Project Zomboid. I may have bought into more, but I really can't even remember.

I agree completely. I'm not a fan. Not of the business model, nor as a gamer do I want to play through an incomplete game.

It's not a bad idea in limited practice, but it's becoming far too widespread.

As for the rash of survival games, it's a fad that the industry is going through with the ongoing zombie fad as well. It'll pass with time, but a lot of it seems to be nothing more than hollow experiences looking to cash in. All that said, I wouldn't mind playing a bit of Day Z when they finally finish making the game.

You should just buy ARMA II: Combined Operations and ARMA II: Private Military Company to play the mod. I doubt the Stand Alone will ever be finished.

Then I likely will never play it, lol.