The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

God.

Gaming has sucked this year it seems. At least to me. Haven't had anything new to play for months now. PC or console. Stuck playing Skyrim modded heavily. Still pretty bored w/ it.

Pretty much counting the days until Civ VI at this point.

On 9/3/2016 at 4:05 PM, Tortorella's Rant said:

God.

Gaming has sucked this year it seems. At least to me. Haven't had anything new to play for months now. PC or console. Stuck playing Skyrim modded heavily. Still pretty bored w/ it.

Well FIFA and NBA 2K are coming out soon... Then Bioshock Remaster... and then after two months of that madness... Civilization VI...

On 9/3/2016 at 4:05 PM, Tortorella's Rant said:

God.

Gaming has been awesome this year, you'r just being cynical and negative.

I feel the same, nothing of interest.  Perhaps I am getting too old for this:(.  I want a MMO medieval version of dynasty warriors.  That would be so badass.  Or a MMO gang game like River City Ransom mixed with GTA. 

Last PC game I bought was Skyline and I really love those types of games.  Is there a newer or better version of transport tycoon out?  I loved that game as well.

20 hours ago, Tanev's Smirk said:

I've only been playing Vita ports and Visual Novels lately.

Have you played Steins;Gate yet? Thinking about getting it soon. I adore the anime

1 hour ago, Incursio said:

Have you played Steins;Gate yet? Thinking about getting it soon. I adore the anime

Nope. I have a number of rather time consuming games in my backlog that I need to clear before I pick up another long visual novel (plus I've seen the anime a number of times so I can wait). 

Holy $&!#. Metro 2033 Redux is phat. I was skeptical for the first couple hours but ended up playing a total of 7 or so hours yesterday. The only thing that I can think of that would make this game even better is if it was open world like Skyrim or Fallout. But I suppose that would be difficult to do in the first place given the setting

Edited by Tortorella's Rant

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I need some help. I know pretty much nothing about this stuff, but I need a new GPU. 

Will this card - https://www.amazon.ca/GeForce-128bit-Profile-Graphics-02G-P3-2732-KR/dp/B00L5GZ88W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1475470560&sr=8-2&keywords=eVGA+GeForce+GT+730+2GB+DDR3+128bit

Work in this old ass PC? - http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c02700630

I'm thinking that it will, but I just wanted to make sure. I know the card isn't great, but I need a new one ASAP and I'm on a super tight budget 

13 hours ago, Incursio said:

Guys, I need some help. I know pretty much nothing about this stuff, but I need a new GPU. 

Will this card - https://www.amazon.ca/GeForce-128bit-Profile-Graphics-02G-P3-2732-KR/dp/B00L5GZ88W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1475470560&sr=8-2&keywords=eVGA+GeForce+GT+730+2GB+DDR3+128bit

Work in this old ass PC? - http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c02700630

I'm thinking that it will, but I just wanted to make sure. I know the card isn't great, but I need a new one ASAP and I'm on a super tight budget 

As long as it plays nice with your BIOS settings and chipset(s), it will work fine.  It looks like it only sips power so your power supply shouldn't be an issue.

c02563446.jpg   As you see, you have one PCIe X16 slot to put it in.  Good luck.