The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

Grabbed both of the 'new' Arkham games. Time to get my Bat on.

Arkham Origins is not very good. Also it's very buggy. I've barely played the game, and I can't get myself bothered to start again. Luckily it was only $19 from NCIX on boxing day, but it still doesn't feel like cash well spent. I'm sure the game will start to get better if I continue to play it, but I find it hard to care.

Arkham City on the other hand is brilliant.

Fallout 3 crashes so much :(

Really? This is a PC thread so I assume your on PC and not PS3. Outside of the PS3, the Bethesda games (Fallout, Skyrim) aren't really buggy and are extremely fun to play. Fallout is one of my all time favourites. On PS3 though it's a completely different ball game when it comes to bugs/glitches for those games.

Really? This is a PC thread so I assume your on PC and not PS3. Outside of the PS3, the Bethesda games (Fallout, Skyrim) aren't really buggy and are extremely fun to play. Fallout is one of my all time favourites. On PS3 though it's a completely different ball game when it comes to bugs/glitches for those games.

Ive enjoyed every single Bethesda game Ive played. But Fallout 3 is just constantly crashing for me, on a high end gaming computer. Sucks :(

As I said before, Fallout 3 won't even load on my laptop (though it did on my old one), and though they patched the hell out of it, certain elements of New Vegas still do bug out. Especially the Honest Hearts DLC. Bethesda games, outside of being known for their quality, are also known for their bugs, lol.

My personal experience with Arkham City had been terrible. Mostly due to the fact that the game used to use Games for Windows Live which was abysmal.

Sure. But for those that don't already have the game, it doesn't use that DRM anymore. Works fine on steam. Fallout 3 does use GFWL, and I think it ties into the reason why it won't load.

Edited by g_bassi13

That's so weird. I beat Fallout 3 start to finish including all 5 DLC's twice already and have yet to experience any bugs really. Sure there's the odd glitch thats harmless and the rare game freeze that happens maybe twice but I've never had any bad experiences in the game. I loved it.

I'm going to probably buy I Bleed Pixels

Forgot, lol. Luckily the difference between the temporary sale and the base sale was 5%, or 50 cents.

Also Dragon Age Origins is 125% off right now, but when you click on the store page, the buy option has disappeared, lol. I wonder if anyone was able to redeem their - $7.50.

edit: Damn, they were quick to fix it.

Edited by g_bassi13

Arkham Origins is not very good. Also it's very buggy. I've barely played the game, and I can't get myself bothered to start again. Luckily it was only $19 from NCIX on boxing day, but it still doesn't feel like cash well spent. I'm sure the game will start to get better if I continue to play it, but I find it hard to care.

Arkham City on the other hand is brilliant.

Arkham Origins imo had a better story better enemy ai and better boss fights

i understand it's reputation with the brutal release and took awhile for a patch to fix some things but as a PC user it ran fine for me only ran into 1 game breaking bug and 1 graphical bug which both got fixed

Arkham City the story felt all over the place to be honest it is still a great game and did a lot of things to further the Arkham Brand where Arkham Origins only added a few touches to the series didn't really innovate like City did compared to Asylum

it deserves the reputation it has but i felt like people hated this game before it even got released because it was a new developer and prequel both are big issues for people it seems when gaming

at the end of the day i enjoyed the game and that is all that matters i still put it on par with the other games and the graphics were miles ahead better i thought compared to City also City never ran max settings for me i always had to turn off the DX 11 features for some reason yet Origins i could run max and it looked beautiful

As I said before, Fallout 3 won't even load on my laptop (though it did on my old one), and though they patched the hell out of it, certain elements of New Vegas still do bug out. Especially the Honest Hearts DLC. Bethesda games, outside of being known for their quality, are also known for their bugs, lol.

Sure. But for those that don't already have the game, it doesn't use that DRM anymore. Works fine on steam. Fallout 3 does use GFWL, and I think it ties into the reason why it won't load.

i thought they got rid of GFWL i know City doesn't use it anymore

at the end of the day i enjoyed the game and that is all that matters i still put it on par with the other games and the graphics were miles ahead better i thought compared to City also City never ran max settings for me i always had to turn off the DX 11 features for some reason yet Origins i could run max and it looked beautiful

Coming from someone who owned City from launch(got it for free with purchase of GPU back in 2011) the game was poorly optimized on PC IMO. When I launched it for the first time I only got 25 FPS even with DX 11 off. Runs better now since it was patched. Still can't run full 60 fps on DX 11 but that's maybe because I'm on a GTX 570, but with a 760, I can run the game on max settings.

Arkham Origins imo had a better story better enemy ai and better boss fights

i understand it's reputation with the brutal release and took awhile for a patch to fix some things but as a PC user it ran fine for me only ran into 1 game breaking bug and 1 graphical bug which both got fixed

Arkham City the story felt all over the place to be honest it is still a great game and did a lot of things to further the Arkham Brand where Arkham Origins only added a few touches to the series didn't really innovate like City did compared to Asylum

it deserves the reputation it has but i felt like people hated this game before it even got released because it was a new developer and prequel both are big issues for people it seems when gaming

I had no ill conception of the game before I played it. That would be silly. I did have expectations based on the series though.

I feel City delivered in both the Story and gameplay aspects. A comparable to this would be like the one discussed earlier in the thread, where you had a great game in Fallout 3, and a successor in New Vegas with nearly the exact same gameplay, but in an a shifted world. I liked that one more than its predecessor, so it is possible to make a great game following a similar mould. Though when flying through the city this time, it just had a "been there, seen that", kind of feel to it. I'm not far enough into the main story to comment on it, but it has that strong self-aware prequel feel, and I always struggle to get away from it. Doesn't help when the game banks itself on the whole "origins" concept.

Coming from someone who owned City from launch(got it for free with purchase of GPU back in 2011) the game was poorly optimized on PC IMO. When I launched it for the first time I only got 25 FPS even with DX 11 off. Runs better now since it was patched. Still can't run full 60 fps on DX 11 but that's maybe because I'm on a GTX 570, but with a 760, I can run the game on max settings.

i am running a GTX 670 i think i get 25-30 fps with max settings dx 11 features turned on and with them off i jump to 45-60 fps

Anyone know if Dragon Age Origins is any good? Thinking I might pick it up.

Was discussed earlier, but yes, the game is amazing. But i would only recommend picking it up with the knowledge of what kind of game it is. It's strategic, not hack and slash. Think Baldur's Gate, not Diablo.

That sale is passed but i think you'll be able to pick it up again.

All my games keep losing the community vote. Ikaruga is a great game people. System makes it so much harder for lesser known games to go on sale if their sale is not tied to a bigger release. Hopefully like a couple of other games I'm waiting on, it goes on sale eventually.