The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

PLayerUnknown's Battlegrounds.

If you haven't seen it or heard f it...find it

100 people on a map played out like hunger games.  Every 10 or so minutes they kill off sections of the perimeter forcing you to move.  No camping or anything.  100-1.  Once you die you die, no respawn back to the lobby and in a queue for the next room.

Surprisingly awesome

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

PLayerUnknown's Battlegrounds.

If you haven't seen it or heard f it...find it

100 people on a map played out like hunger games.  Every 10 or so minutes they kill off sections of the perimeter forcing you to move.  No camping or anything.  100-1.  Once you die you die, no respawn back to the lobby and in a queue for the next room.

Surprisingly awesome

It looks like they are actually leaving some serious parts of the game completely client-side.  Even Blizzard learned the hard way how silly that was in 1997 with the original Diablo.  You can hex edit the living daylights out of the game right in the RAM to give yourself nearly unbeatable advantages.  Not for me until they put their game mechanics completely on their own servers.

Edited by SabreFan1

3 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

It looks like they are actually leaving some serious parts of the game completely client-side.  Even Blizzard learned the hard way how silly that was in 1997 with the original Diablo.  You can hex edit the living daylights out of the game right in the RAM to give yourself nearly unbeatable advantages.  Not for me until they put their game mechanics completely on their own servers.

They freely admit it's an open beta test and is incomplete.

But it looks and plays very well

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

They freely admit it's an open beta test and is incomplete.

But it looks and plays very well

I watched a couple of YouTube videos of it and it looks like a fun game, but I'm not sure if I want to pay $30 to beta test it for them when they leave important parts of an online game sitting on the players computer.  That tells me that they don't have the budget for the needed beefy servers quite yet.  Maybe once they offload the client side critical parts to the host side I'll give it a shot.

13 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Anybody else excited to play Destiny 2 on PC?  

Yes. I loved the first one but I'm completely done with 30fps. A delayed release date will hurt the PC player base though. I know a few impatient people who are getting it for Xbox One because of a few months late PC release.

It's cool that the game will be on the Blizzard app on PC.

On 6/4/2017 at 5:17 PM, SabreFan1 said:

I watched a couple of YouTube videos of it and it looks like a fun game, but I'm not sure if I want to pay $30 to beta test it for them when they leave important parts of an online game sitting on the players computer.  That tells me that they don't have the budget for the needed beefy servers quite yet.  Maybe once they offload the client side critical parts to the host side I'll give it a shot.

Once they get their crap together the entire premise on the game and their use of varying terrain maps (city jungle foliage and even a rumoured Hunger Games map) will make this game possibly one of the better ones I'll have played in a long while.

I will say choking someone to death silently then hiding only to get bombs dropped on me from the "arena" was awesome and infuriating.  I loved it

• Upvote 2

On 2017-06-05 at 9:14 AM, Xbox said:

Yes. I loved the first one but I'm completely done with 30fps. A delayed release date will hurt the PC player base though. I know a few impatient people who are getting it for Xbox One because of a few months late PC release.

It's cool that the game will be on the Blizzard app on PC.

Meh, 30 fps never bothered me because of its cartoony nature. 

I'm still getting it for PS4 first because I made not only 50 or so online friends through the game, I also met 4 people in real life and now we meet up once in a while to watch hockey or UFC :) 

PC version can be delayed, it'll be single player Destiny for me on PC.

4 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Meh, 30 fps never bothered me because of its cartoony nature. 

I'm still getting it for PS4 first because I made not only 50 or so online friends through the game, I also met 4 people in real life and now we meet up once in a while to watch hockey or UFC :) 

PC version can be delayed, it'll be single player Destiny for me on PC.

The PS4 version for me will depend on exclusives although if Scorpio is 60fps I won't even consider PS4. Frame rate is very important in an fps. The cartoony nature doesn't mean anything, I couldn't imagine Overwatch in 30fps.

Pretty cool experiences you've had though!

Edited by Xbox

On 6/4/2017 at 8:06 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

Anybody else excited to play Destiny 2 on PC?  

I initially was but...

Delayed release, no dedicated servers, 4v4. I have a feeling it's more of a test to gauge interest than a complete product. 

Don't forget about the summer sale going on at GOG.com

For the very few of you that don't know, gog sells games from the dawn of computer gaming all the way up to some of today's games.  They're very inexpensive and they are all DRM free.

12 hours ago, StealthNuck said:

I have it but I can't bring myself to play it yet. I want it to be complete. 

People keep throwing money at Chris Roberts for not finishing it.  They're at almost $152Million.  He's making quite a good living by dragging development out.  They're even years late on the Squadron 42 single player release.

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

People keep throwing money at Chris Roberts for not finishing it.  They're at almost $152Million.  He's making quite a good living by dragging development out.  They're even years late on the Squadron 42 single player release.

I love my space sims so I put money down on it in 2012. They're developing some really, really cool stuff but yeah, it's way too dragged out. I expected more than a loose collection of kinda-working modules at this point. 

• Upvote 1