The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

On 21/12/2017 at 10:31 AM, Xbox said:

Speaking of Tom Clancy, has anyone played Ghost Recon: Wildlands? Might get that game on PC.

My buddy highly recommended this game. I was thinking of picking it up since it's on sale on Steam. Maybe lemme know what you think?

On 12/24/2017 at 7:37 PM, Baer. said:

My buddy highly recommended this game. I was thinking of picking it up since it's on sale on Steam. Maybe lemme know what you think?

I ended up grabbing the deluxe edition for $45 during the current Steam sale. Haven't been able to play yet but it looks fun.

23 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

What is Dark Souls 3 like? Isn't it a super frustrating game, a very difficult game? I wouldn't want to get it because of that and... my brother bought it for me yesterday :lol:

Dark Souls 3 is just like Bloodborne. Honestly I really love the Dark Souls series. It's so fun and the games are satisfying to beat. If you take your time and level properly it isn't that bad. Hope you like it!

Edited by Xbox

3 hours ago, Xbox said:

I ended up grabbing the deluxe edition for $45 during the current Steam sale. Haven't been able to play yet but it looks fun.

Dark Souls 3 is just like Bloodborne. Honestly I really love the Dark Souls series. It's so fun and the games are satisfying to beat. If you take your time and level properly it isn't that bad. Hope you like it!

I wish bloodborne was on pc...

• Upvote 1

Hello all, was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good gaming PC that is VR ready and has the ability to be upgraded easily. I have found some options in the 12-1500 range but there are so many options it’s a bit overwhelming. Any advice on memory or

video cards or just PC brands to avoid that would be cool. 

Also does anyone have an opinion for the oculus rift vs. HTC?

2 hours ago, kylecanuck said:

Hello all, was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good gaming PC that is VR ready and has the ability to be upgraded easily. I have found some options in the 12-1500 range but there are so many options it’s a bit overwhelming. Any advice on memory or

video cards or just PC brands to avoid that would be cool. 

Also does anyone have an opinion for the oculus rift vs. HTC?

Build one? I'm sure you could probably build one for cheaper then that especially if you have a few parts you can rob from an old system for the time being. 

46 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

Build one? I'm sure you could probably build one for cheaper then that especially if you have a few parts you can rob from an old system for the time being. 

Even just sourcing yourself and paying someone for assembly will get you better results:

Spoiler

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($249.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Memory: Patriot - Viper Elite 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($207.99 @ PC Canada)
Storage: Kingston - SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $0.00)
Storage: Western Digital - RE3 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $0.00)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card  ($579.99 @ PC Canada)
Case: Corsair - SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($63.47 @ Newegg Canada)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Case Fan: LEPA - LP-BOL12R 81.5 CFM  120mm Fan  ($9.13 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $1299.68

My current build.  Kept drives and OS from old build, everything else brand new.  Runs everything at max settings for 1080p 60 fps..

Edited by King Heffy

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Even just sourcing yourself and paying someone for assembly will get you better results:

Hide contents

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($249.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Memory: Patriot - Viper Elite 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($207.99 @ PC Canada)
Storage: Kingston - SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $0.00)
Storage: Western Digital - RE3 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $0.00)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card  ($579.99 @ PC Canada)
Case: Corsair - SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($63.47 @ Newegg Canada)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $1299.68

My current build.  Kept drives and OS from old build, everything else brand new.  Runs everything at max settings for 1080p 60 fps..

I have a very similar build different mobo and video card i still had a gtx 970 from my old build and didnt have 600 to drop on a new one damn you bitcoin miners!

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, kurtis said:

Good luck finding a 1060 or above in stock... Prices are insane right now :huh: I was able to snipe aa 1070 Ti 8gig for 640$ after tax on black friday... 

It actually runs much better on the 1050Ti than I expected. I'm going to hold off on upgrading until the card prices drop. Maybe even when the next generation comes out.

I was looking into Ark Park as it seemed kind of a cool game for VR, but the minimum requirements will be a GTX 1080 and an i7. That's insane.

On 1/15/2018 at 6:49 PM, kurtis said:

Good luck finding a 1060 or above in stock... Prices are insane right now :huh: I was able to snipe aa 1070 Ti 8gig for 640$ after tax on black friday... 

YEah built my rig in OCT. I  knew prices were gonna spike because so many bit coin mining ops are sucking GPU's up like a black hole.

Two-Black-Holes-Merge.gif

Also Anyone sim race here ?  Like seriously,  not with a joystick lol      Assetto Corsa or Dirt Rally anyone ? 

Edited by Mr.DirtyDangles

On 1/15/2018 at 8:49 PM, kurtis said:

My 1080 Ti goes for as high as $1600... what the heck

Edited by Xbox