The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

Yeah, it has to be. But how far could they be from release? They were 3 years between releases for a while there. Now there's not even an announcement in that time. If they possibly announced it next year, i doubt that they could also release it at any point soon after. I hope they make the extra wait worth the while.

Bethesda will follow through. I'm pumped to just be able to play a Fallout game with some pretty good graphics.

Yeah, it has to be. But how far could they be from release? They were 3 years between releases for a while there. Now there's not even an announcement in that time. If they possibly announced it next year, i doubt that they could also release it at any point soon after. I hope they make the extra wait worth the while.

Do you really want an early announcement after the Survivor 2299 debacle? :lol:

Elder Scrolls 6 plz Bethesda.

Edited by Winter Soldier

i wanted to buy Company of Heroes 2 during the thanksgiving/fall sale. was only $10, but i cheaped out. i'm hoping that drops really low again, even though i haven't heard glowing things about it.

Its worth that price. Things like the metacritic score are the result of Russians dive bombing it due to their not so glorious depiction.

The actual game is not so special in that it doesn't offer much more than the others before it in the series did. But that's already a pretty high standard.

I'm a sucker for a World War II motif, and it provides a not as common perspective in that regard.

$10 is not a bad price. Would've been upset to have paid the $60 for it, which I was originally planning to do. I found it for $15 on clearance while buying another game. Worth that much.

Don't expect it for much cheaper than that. Steam sales continue to get more underwhelming by the event.

I am into RTS and RPG games. I played a lot of the Total War series, StarCraft, Dragon Age, The Witcher and Elder Scrolls. The past few months I have only played Warband.

At first I didn't like it because I was lousy at riding a horse but it has turned out to be one of my favorite games of all time. Warband has the elements of my favorite RTS games plus my favorite RPG games. It does the best fighting on horseback simulation that I know of. You get to use tactics and strategy to win battles and wars with your troops while building up your forces. You recruit levies and level them up to become effective fighters. You gather companions and equip and customize them (and yourself of course) so that you have an effective fighting force or warband.

You need to do this because you start of as a weak solitary individual with nothing but the basic equipment fighting to stay alive. Your world is full of enemies like bandits and rebels. It is also full of feudal lords with many armies and lands at war with various factions. It is a long road (but fortunately you are on horseback) towards kingship.

The vanilla game is okay but what makes Warband great are all the full conversion modifications available. It has been a few years since its release in 2010 so the selection of mods are numerous. One of the best is a Game of Thrones mod called A Clash of Kings. There are also mods for multiplayer games like Full Invasion 2 or even persistent worlds if you are into that kind of thing.

Eh, I had a great time with Mass Effect 3. Although the ending was very questionable, and even the separate endings it gives you through the patch I still played that game and loved it. I got plenty of time with it and very much had my money's worth. Just a shame about the ending. Here's to hoping Mass Effect 4 starts a better story.

Inquisition I've already played 24 hours and I'm nowhere near done with it. There's just too much to do in each land you go to. Also even though you get a bunch of party members I always use the same 3 ones.

Even in the reviews like on IGN the guy said his review was based on like 90 hours of gameplay. I will no doubt get to that milestone.

I've even found a special weapon that many have wanted online and I just ended up running into it by venturing off for no reason.

And I felt it was a poorly made game regardless of the ending. I don't ever really desinate games as just being shit, so. I use my words carefully when I designate it as such, lol.

It still has far too much baring on whether I'd try what they have next. The game, and everything they said and did afterwards. If I did play it, like I said, I wouldn't pay for it, or pay much at least.

Have way too many games to play otherwise anyways, so I'm personally good. Get why other people are enjoying what they are about the game. From what I've heard it sounds like a vast improvement in basic depth. Wouldn't know personally just how far that is without going in and actually ripping apart the details to know whether or not it's all on the surface.

Eh, I had a great time with Mass Effect 3. Although the ending was very questionable, and even the separate endings it gives you through the patch I still played that game and loved it. I got plenty of time with it and very much had my money's worth. Just a shame about the ending. Here's to hoping Mass Effect 4 starts a better story..

Here's the thing I never understood about the ME3 outrage. People were upset that your choices didn't matter, but did they not fail to notice than nothing you did mattered in ME2, either? Sure, you can argue the scale of things was supposed to be much grander at the end, but you'd have to be blind to not see it coming the first time you to go Tuchanka and the only difference is talking to Wrex or Wrex's near identical cousin.

That said, I loved the shit out of ME3. Shotgun Infiltrator? Hell yes.

Here's the thing I never understood about the ME3 outrage. People were upset that your choices didn't matter, but did they not fail to notice than nothing you did mattered in ME2, either? Sure, you can argue the scale of things was supposed to be much grander at the end, but you'd have to be blind to not see it coming the first time you to go Tuchanka and the only difference is talking to Wrex or Wrex's near identical cousin.

That said, I loved the crap out of ME3. Shotgun Infiltrator? Hell yes.

People were mad because they said the game would have 16 endings based on the choices you made over the 3 games. Instead they gave a text book deus ex machina ending by introducing a new character at the end of the game with god like powers that let you choose 1 of 3 endings exclusive to that one moment alone. Even the 3 endings were almost close to identical with most of the same scenes just rendered in a different color tint.

Outside of the bad writing though most people labeled it false advertising by Bioware who had promised numerous things then simply did not deliver them. I believe they ended up in a few lawsuits for it though I am unsure if any stuck it was a hot topic for debate at the time where legal experts weighed in and they seemed pretty split on if it was illegal false advertisement or just Bioware and EA speaking to loosely.

For what it's worth though Amazon went as far as offering refunds to people who bought the game and opened and played it.

Personally I loved the Mass Effect series even despite being disappointed with the ending. But I think it's hard to defend how Bioware managed and handled that whole situation. It really seemed like a game being milked for money. Hell they even released a paid DLC on the day the game released xD

• Upvote 1

People were mad because they said the game would have 16 endings based on the choices you made over the 3 games. Instead they gave a text book deus ex machina ending by introducing a new character at the end of the game with god like powers that let you choose 1 of 3 endings exclusive to that one moment alone. Even the 3 endings were almost close to identical with most of the same scenes just rendered in a different color tint.

Outside of the bad writing though most people labeled it false advertising by Bioware who had promised numerous things then simply did not deliver them. I believe they ended up in a few lawsuits for it though I am unsure if any stuck it was a hot topic for debate at the time where legal experts weighed in and they seemed pretty split on if it was illegal false advertisement or just Bioware and EA speaking to loosely.

For what it's worth though Amazon went as far as offering refunds to people who bought the game and opened and played it.

Personally I loved the Mass Effect series even despite being disappointed with the ending. But I think it's hard to defend how Bioware managed and handled that whole situation. It really seemed like a game being milked for money. Hell they even released a paid DLC on the day the game released xD

That's just the general view I have with the series. Sure, the ending of it all was pretty stupid and your choices didn't end up mattering like they said they would.

But, I had way too much fun with the games to hate them. I will remember all of the characters for a long time and other games similar to it I will compare them to Mass Effect.

Men war war assaulte squad 2 > Company of hero's 2....

Is it really? I mean I glanced past the game when it was first released, so I wouldn't know beyond what their own trailers told me. But what is it that makes the game surpass others?