The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

So how about that GTA5.

Rockstar's vision realized, IMO.

The game runs almost flawlessly, none of that texture pop in that you see on 'Next Gen' consoles.

My only complaint is that the FOV renders 1st Person unusable for me. I prefer 3rd person classic GTA style but it would be nice.

Oh, wow. Origin Humble Bundle. Looked okay in the first week. Second week, they came out with a couple more games... WING COMMANDER III AND IV, SIMCITY 2000, and ULTIMA VII!!

Goddamn. Some of these games are as old as I am. I thought this was a bundle for EA's Origin and not the old crap made by Origin Games. Not to mention they were all offered for free at some time or another in the past year.

Edited by Bob.Loblaw

Steam is now offering paid mod content in the workshop for Skyrim.

(This place really needs a rolling around laughing smiley)

Awful, lol. It's one of those cases where you have no obligation to buy it, but the precedent it sets alone is bad,

I recommended the XBONE controller for PC about a month ago, as it was a precise and all around great. And the controller itself really is. The 10ft Micro USB cable they ship it with is a cheap piece of crap. Within the month, that cable has crapped out on me twice, with little to physical stress on it. I don't know if I want to just get it replaced a second time, or if I want a refund. The controller is too good though to actually want the latter, but I have to rescind my recommendation.

I recommended the XBONE controller for PC about a month ago, as it was a precise and all around great. And the controller itself really is. The 10ft Micro USB cable they ship it with is a cheap piece of crap. Within the month, that cable has crapped out on me twice, with little to physical stress on it. I don't know if I want to just get it replaced a second time, or if I want a refund. The controller is too good though to actually want the latter, but I have to rescind my recommendation.

why would you want a controller for your PC? Keyboard/mouse is far superior. The only way a controller would be better is if they totally failed on porting the controls.

why would you want a controller for your PC? Keyboard/mouse is far superior. The only way a controller would be better is if they totally failed on porting the controls.

Some games better suited for controller. I wouldn't play most straight up console ports on a mouse and keyboard anyway.

I think it's a case of personal preference. The only genres of games that I purely use keyboard/mouse is with adventure and strategy.

I can't argue that it's not a more effective system in a lot of cases, but I just prefer the feel of a controller more often than not when there's an option. Especially when playing on a TV. A keyboard/mouse becomes cumbersome then.

For FPS games, MOBA's, Strategy games, yes. Mouse/Keyboard are King.

For Fighting Games, Racing games, Sports games, and many others, the controller just feels more "right" In my opinion.

Not to mention, Its just fun to switch things up sometimes.

Other reasons you might want a controller include Emulators; I know I ordered a USB N64 Controller because there is no way in hell you can play any N64 game comfortably on a Keyboard, lol.

Depends on the game and platform. You need to be more specific.

Or are you asking about the concept?

Basically how does g2a.com work?

Specifically if I purchased this https://www.g2a.com/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-cd-key-preorder-global.html

If I am looking at it correctly they would just send me a digital key like a serial code and I would download the game and use that code as proof of purchase to get the full game?

Basically how does g2a.com work?

Specifically if I purchased this https://www.g2a.com/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-cd-key-preorder-global.html

If I am looking at it correctly they would just send me a digital key like a serial code and I would download the game and use that code as proof of purchase to get the full game?

You would register that key on GOG.com, and they would give you a DRM free installer to download for the game that you can really do whatever the hell you want with (like sharing it with a friend.)

You would register that key on GOG.com, and they would give you a DRM free installer to download for the game that you can really do whatever the hell you want with (like sharing it with a friend.)

Hmm Hmmm. Should it still recognize my Steam Witcher 2 file for import?