The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Looks interesting but I'm not sure about the cartoony graphics. 

It's a game that's popular much more for it's game mechanics and attention to game play detail than graphics. If graphics are important to you, this game won't do much to interest you.

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

It's a game that's popular much more for it's game mechanics and attention to game play detail than graphics. If graphics are important to you, this game won't do much to interest you.

Oh, I know. But still. I was also looking at Banished. Rimworld seems to offer a lot more. 

• Cheers 1

On 7/20/2019 at 4:26 PM, Tortorella's Rant said:

Oh, I know. But still. I was also looking at Banished. Rimworld seems to offer a lot more. 

Have about 300hrs in banished(gotta check my steam account to verify)its fun but addicting lots of mods.Its like a medievalsimcity.biggest town i had was 400 people.

Edited by Violator

1 minute ago, TimberWolf said:

Can't see myself spending 40 bucks on a game that looks like games I played in 1988

Yeah it's all about personal taste. For many gamers, graphics are very important and the game should look fancy and high resolution with crazy good detail. While I appreciate those things, I've come to appreciate good gameplay and mechanics over graphics. I've played enough games that look good, but aren't fun at all. That said, I do appreciate great graphics and enjoy some games that are more focused on that aspect, such as Far Cry 5 and the like.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

For a $1? What?

It's $80 at EB.

PC Game Pass, it's $1/month for the 1st month and $5/month for following months. Check out the Windows 10 Store. Honestly it'll probably be half price on boxing day, so getting it from now until then via two months of Game Pass is only $6. $46 is a lot cheaper than $80

Edited by Xbox

My brother's Steam account was stolen today. He's already contacted Steam Support. Anyone have any experience or knowledge with this sort of thing?

EDIT: He got his password reset for him about 3 or 4 hours later and has his account again. Lost a good number of in-game valuables from one of his games, but that's it.

17 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Very good game.  A bit too easy though.  I subscribed to Game Pass right after it was introduced.

Did you already beat it? I'm just starting out. If it's too easy I'll do the NG+ on hard (or just a new game if they don't have that). Right now I'm about 3 hours in on Normal, will be playing more today.

1 hour ago, Xbox said:

Did you already beat it? I'm just starting out. If it's too easy I'll do the NG+ on hard (or just a new game if they don't have that). Right now I'm about 3 hours in on Normal, will be playing more today.

Haven't beat it yet.  I'm anal and I talk to every NPC in the game and try to do every side quest available.

I equipped heavy armor and helm because the penalties are very light and can easily tank all of the mobs with 2 companions in identical heavy armor/helm.  I also use a modded machine gun which slices through the mobs.

Play on the second hardest setting.  If you do the hardest, you'll lose your companions to perma-death if they even so much as fall off of a steep ledge.

Edited by SabreFan1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Haven't beat it yet.  I'm anal and I talk to every NPC in the game and try to do every side quest available.

I equipped heavy armor and helm because the penalties are very light and can easily tank all of the mobs with 2 companions in identical heavy armor/helm.  I also use a modded machine gun which slices through the mobs.

Play on the second hardest setting.  If you do the hardest, you'll lose your companions to perma-death if they even so much as fall off of a steep ledge.

I also try to explore everything so I don't miss any good loot. Interesting, the hardest difficulty sounds a lot like Survival from Fallout 4. I usually start off on normal and once I get better stuff and start rolling enemies I'll turn up the difficulty. Do you get more XP from a harder setting? I like when they entice you like that.

Edited by Xbox