The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

On 3/16/2020 at 9:14 AM, StealthNuck said:

If anyone's stuck inside and looking for something to play, I highly recommend picking up the Xbox Game Pass for PC: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/pc-games/

$1 and there's about $200 amazing to decent games. 

I'll do you one better:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/555000/GOAT_OF_DUTY/

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...

Highly recommend Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord

Already played a bunch today and I'm hooked. Never played the series before but it's an awesome game. Especially if you're into mideival RPGs.

• 2 months later...

Taking my PC in to get repaired today.  Guy on the phone sounds he knows his stuff and his shop is 5* with lots of reviews.  I'll ask him if I should upgrade my video card or look to buy another after he looks at my specs.  He told me in the meantime to look at what types of games I want to play because video cards range in price - I don't think I'd be playing anything hardcore like virtual reality.  My old games I was playing before it went haywire American Truck Sim, Cities Skyline, etc.  

On 4/4/2020 at 12:46 AM, Baer. said:

Highly recommend Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord

Already played a bunch today and I'm hooked. Never played the series before but it's an awesome game. Especially if you're into mideival RPGs.

This is tops on my list but I see on the Steam Forums it needs some work.  

So any suggestions on video cards?  Also should I upgrade from Windows 7?  That's what started this mess haha.  

Edited by Tre Mac

33 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Taking my PC in to get repaired today.  Guy on the phone sounds he knows his stuff and his shop is 5* with lots of reviews.  I'll ask him if I should upgrade my video card or look to buy another after he looks at my specs.  He told me in the meantime to look at what types of games I want to play because video cards range in price - I don't think I'd be playing anything hardcore like virtual reality.  My old games I was playing before it went haywire American Truck Sim, Cities Skyline, etc.  

This is tops on my list but I see on the Steam Forums it needs some work.  

So any suggestions on video cards?  Also should I upgrade from Windows 7?  That's what started this mess haha.  

It's fun for the first 10 hours, but the game is so unrefined and hollow that it becomes very repetitive. The userbase is dying because online is lame (some classes are way too OP) and the lack of any real campaign. The map gets conquered way too fast, which makes heirs redundant because you can conquer the whole map in one lifetime). There's lots of other little bugs. It's a fun game at its core but it's unfortunately shallow.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Baer. said:

It's fun for the first 10 hours, but the game is so unrefined and hollow that it becomes very repetitive. The userbase is dying because online is lame (some classes are way too OP) and the lack of any real campaign. The map gets conquered way too fast, which makes heirs redundant because you can conquer the whole map in one lifetime). There's lots of other little bugs. It's a fun game at its core but it's unfortunately shallow.

Any Game of Thrones mods yet?  Man that made Warband and the whole reason I started playing M&B in the first place.  

5 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Upgrade to Win 10 immediately. Win 7 is 10 years old and support just ended, and Win 10 is better in every way anyway.

What are your specs other than the video card? 

1 hour ago, StealthNuck said:

Upgrade to Win 10 immediately. Win 7 is 10 years old and support just ended, and Win 10 is better in every way anyway.

What are your specs other than the video card? 

Win 10 is usable once you install OpenShell, uninstall modern apps, and disable the action center.  Once you've performed those steps, it behaves exactly like 7.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

Replaying mass effect 2 after like a decade lol. super fun. I tried ME1 but the load times were too brutal lol. Has anyone played Andromeda on pc? I have it on console but i can't do first person shooters on a joystick lol.

On 6/6/2020 at 4:20 PM, Rush17 said:

Replaying mass effect 2 after like a decade lol. super fun. I tried ME1 but the load times were too brutal lol. Has anyone played Andromeda on pc? I have it on console but i can't do first person shooters on a joystick lol.

Combat in Andromeda is fun, everything else is awful. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, StealthNuck said:

Is the choice options good with the whole renegade paragon paradigm. I love watching the renegade play choices unfold haha. 

Anyone any good at hearts of iron 3? Ive played it like 70 hours and i cant for the life of me figure out combat. Ive watched countless videos and i just cant get my head wrapped around it. 

I understand everything else, but something just isnt clicking with combat.  Played as france a few nights ago, made troops and even put combat on ai. Germany didnt even bother going around. They just blew through the maginot line. 

Its not units, its not combat rows. Shouldnt be terrain. Damned paradox games seem so needlessly complex

On 6/8/2020 at 2:18 PM, StealthNuck said:

I thought the concept for the game was cool and it was a good idea to reboot the series, but they really did nothing with it.

It was the first Mass Effect game that was truly just an EA production as all the original members of Bioware were gone for Andromeda and it shows.

8 hours ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Anyone any good at hearts of iron 3? Ive played it like 70 hours and i cant for the life of me figure out combat. Ive watched countless videos and i just cant get my head wrapped around it. 

I understand everything else, but something just isnt clicking with combat.  Played as france a few nights ago, made troops and even put combat on ai. Germany didnt even bother going around. They just blew through the maginot line. 

Its not units, its not combat rows. Shouldnt be terrain. Damned paradox games seem so needlessly complex

If it's anything like HoI4 I'm sure Germany has some kind of passive or event that enables bliztkrieg bonuses. Needlessly complex is a great way to describe those games lol. 

51 minutes ago, Templeton Peck said:

I thought the concept for the game was cool and it was a good idea to reboot the series, but they really did nothing with it.

It was the first Mass Effect game that was truly just an EA production as all the original members of Bioware were gone for Andromeda and it shows.

Yeah, there was so much potential. They could have done anything and gained some favour back after the horrific ME3 ending, but damn did it fall flat.