The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Realistic (kinda) Canucks 2014/2015!

I was bored so I made this up. http://capgeek.com/armchair-gm/roster.php?id=21630&type=html

Some of these deals would probably have minor pieces involved here and there. But overall let me know how this team looks to you, it's not a cup contender but you can't really build that in 1 off-season.

R. Kesler to PHI for B. Schenn + M. Read

2015 1st + J. Hansen to CBJ for B. Jenner + T. Erixon

J. Garrison to FLA for V. Trocheck + 4th

Buyout D.Booth

PHI rejects since Schenn is basically the same as Kesler and his bro is also on the team

Bad deal for CBJ

Garrison doesn't waive to go back to Panthers

If we have cap, keep Booth. If we don't buy him out

How is Shenn basically Kesler?? They are so different of players... Styles not even similar.

He could mean that B.Schenn projects to be a 65-70pt player and that trading for an older 65-70pt player is a sideways move.

I'd argue that with, while Schenn "projects" to put up similar numbers to Kesler he has yet to do so and we would be getting paid (via trade) with potential rather then with a player who's already attained those numbers. Throw in the Stanley cup experience, great shut down capability to go along with a Selke and also 2 years remaining on a great contract during the prime of his career and you (we) have a very valuable commodity. Read is a good player but also serves as a cap space move for PHI to give them some relief in that regard.

PHI rejects since Schenn is basically the same as Kesler and his bro is also on the team

Bad deal for CBJ

Garrison doesn't waive to go back to Panthers

If we have cap, keep Booth. If we don't buy him out

Yea I'm not sure CBJ would go for that deal either but it's hardly a bad deal IMO. I'm just really high on Jenner as a player, don't see him putting up a PPG or anything in his prime but he's got the look of a younger Canadian version of Kesler to me and that's something I'd move the 6th overall for.

On Garrison, yea tough to say for sure if he would waive to go back to FLA but not out of the realm of possibility. That's the organization that gave him a chance to develop an NHL career and it's not like he had a falling out with them when he signed with us. Couple that with a new owner who will spend money and I see them as a good trade partner as any.

I bought out Booth because I don't see room for him on this roster and he's making too much to be a 4th liner/ extra player. But our ownership has dished out a lot of money via severance pay so buying out Booth might be a touchy subject. However, if we're not spending to the cap, and we're not in this proposal, I don't see an issue since our payroll will be lower and revenue should stay the same which equals "Mo' Dolla" to help rectify previously stated expenses of the management overhaul.

Matt Read is a free agent (I would like to sign him though)

Read is signed and has 4 years remaining at $3,625,000per. A bit pricey but decent for a versatile player (RW/C) and the cap hit will get better with age.

Archived