The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Splatoon - Wii U

avelanch

Team fortress style game staring squidhumans, it's 4 on 4 3rd person shooter where you not only fight the other team, but you win by covering the map with more ink than your opponents. you can turn into a squid to travel/hide in your own team's ink, or warp next to your opponent. it's an interesting take that looks like a lot of fun.

I really don't think there are enough Wii U owners on this forum to justify a new thread for every game that's announced.

As for the game, reminds me more of the F2P shooter Loadout more than TF2

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

lots of stuff in the nintendo direct, looks like a hell of a game. If you preordered at gamestop, you'll get codes to unlock DLC squid outfits for your mii fighters in SSB for wii u! also, the demo for the game just launched! DL'n it now!

Pre-order/purchase Splatoon at GameStop, get DLC costumes for Smash Bros. http://wp.me/pMKGJ-PP0

CEaP5DlUgAA0IXm.png

Every week or two, new free content will be introduced in #Splatoon, including weapons, stages and gear.

Tower Control, a new Ranked Battle Mode, will also become available for free shortly after launch. #Splatoon

In single-player mode, you’ll be on a mission to rescue Zapfish from Octarians. #Splatoon

You’ll be able to find upgrades to power up your gear on your way to saving the Zapfish. #Splatoon

Nintendo of America@NintendoAmerica 26m26 minutes ago

You can also find a secret scroll hidden in each stage that reveals background on the mysterious world of #Splatoon.

It looks interesting, but my problem is that I don't see this game taking over the "mature" shooters for me. I think I'd probably only get a week or two out of it.

And I think the game will be full of younger kids playing it too, also making it less enjoyable. Like how it doesn't have voice chat because it's a Nintendo game and they don't want the kids feelings to be hurt.

It looks interesting, but my problem is that I don't see this game taking over the "mature" shooters for me. I think I'd probably only get a week or two out of it.

And I think the game will be full of younger kids playing it too, also making it less enjoyable. Like how it doesn't have voice chat because it's a Nintendo game and they don't want the kids feelings to be hurt.

as a 33 year old, i'm glad there is no voice chat, can't stand the annoying kids screaming over their microphone thinking they're so mature tossing out expletives like they are going out of style and issuing rage induced threats of bodily harm and claiming everyone is hacking just because they suck. i always disable voice chat if there is ever an option, I'm glad I don't have to even bother with it.

Archived