The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Did I hear this right?

J529

I honestly thing Benning doesn't like to do media stuff all the time, so Linden will take that over and assume he'll have the tipping vote if tied on trades, etc.

Benning will drink coffee and watch jr players.

The Man, the Myth, the LEGEND

trevor_linden-11.jpg?w=620&h=464

honestly this was 100% a pr stunt by aquilini especially after people weren't renewing seasons tickets and what not after that crazy Bostonian ran our team Into the ground... but Idc if it was a pr move. Trevor is a legend. He loves this city and he'll put his heart and soul into it. Trevor for president of the universe.

Isn't this good? Linden is now, playing the role of the Owner. Technically, the owner has the final say for every deal, but maybe now he's replaced by Linden.

I like, how Colorado did it. Patrick Roy, the VP and the Coach, while Sakic is the GM. So, Roy has the final say for Sakic.

I see Trevor as the fans' voice. Benning will make the decisons but Trevor has to ultimate say and Jim will respect that. and respect thatTrevor is ready to cut anyone on the team to win the cup.

He's watched for a grueling 6 years ready to make his return with his opinion on what it will take to win.

what I think he thinks

-Drafting, Drafting, Drafting, Drafting, and Drafting

-Two way, fast, big players that always play a defense first game

-Heart players that are consistent all year at the toughest times(Has to do with depth)

-Skilled scoring fast, to the net snipers (Kane, Sharp, Gaborik, Coture, Carter)(Shinkaruk, Jensen)

-Depth throughout the team like LA has (only way to achieve is draft picks)

-Speed to match Chicago SJ Anaheim Colorado

-Size to match La and SJ

-Coach to make players want to play here(Desjardins)

This is why Benning was a such good fit here in VAN with Trevor. He doesn't want the lime-light, drama, or fan-fare...(altho' Trev did make him do some of that when he 1st arrived). JB just wants to do the work...which is evaluating talent, scouting leagues, training-up scouts & working to find a coach that compliments this organization...and their philosophies, as well. The good natures of Stevens & Desjardins...would both fit in very well, too. I want them both. They are avoiding the bombastics, egocentrics, & drama-queens. They will give proper lip-service to all of the talk that needs to happen...but are more about...action!

JB is building-up an organization of trust, loyalty, and a family...that is very goal-oriented & co-operative with the league & their many business partners.They will make being a Canuck very desirable, once again. Benning will work with Gilman to see what trades are there & possible... & if they make $ and sense for this organization in the NHL's wonderful-world of Cap-ology! I can't wait to see what the future will bring. :canucks:

:towel:

Archived