The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2015 U20 World Junior Hockey Championship

Plum

The 2015 World Junior Hockey Champion Tournament starts on Boxing Day, December 26th with the US kicking it off against Finland. Canada has a chance to bring quite a bit of returning players from last year's tournament. McDavid will be one year better and older, adding in hopefully some older players in the NHL in Lazar, Horvat, Duclair and possibly Drouin. The head coach as been announced, Benoit Groulx with Scott Walker and Dave Lowry as the assistants.

Selection Camp Roster: http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/Team-Canada/Men/Junior/2014-15/Selection-Camp/Roster

Selection Camp Schedule: http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/Team-Canada/Men/Junior/2014-15/Selection-Camp/Schedule

Canada's Pre-Tournament Schedule (TSN): Friday Dec.19 vs Russia 4PM PST, Sunday Dec.21 vs Sweden 4PM PST, Tuesday Dec.23 vs Switzerland 4PM PST.

Tournament Schedule: http://stats.hockeycanada.ca/schedule/league_instance/20593?subseason=164558

Sweden's Roster: http://www.swehockey.se/ImageVaultFiles/id_83369/cf_78/roster_swe_wjc_2015_u.PDF

Horvat played in the top 9 last time, so I don't see him on the 4th line a year later. He also could end up on the Canucks.

Petan is a left handed center, isn't he? I assume he'll play center or maybe left wing.

I don't know too much about some of the players, but the rest of the line up looks pretty accurate.

Horvat played in the top 9 last time, so I don't see him on the 4th line a year later. He also could end up on the Canucks.

Petan is a left handed center, isn't he? I assume he'll play center or maybe left wing.

I don't know too much about some of the players, but the rest of the line up looks pretty accurate.

True but I like the center depth if he's on the 4th line, wasn't comfortable with Verhaeghe as the 4th line center.

Dal Colle is also a left winger so I decided to just leave Petan there.

You can't play in the AHL unless you have 4 full years of junior under your belt (assuming you are a NA Skater).

That and you can't play in the AHL unless you're 20 years old.

I suppose but it's definitely not guaranteed. Look at Drouin last year for example.

I think he'll be in the NHL if he's in either Florida or Buffalo, I hope he isn't but these teams just throw them into their lineups and putting up 100 points in junior should probably be a good enough reason that another year of junior is a waste of a year.

No big scorer this year like Mantha, going to be interesting who fills that role.

Petan had 100+ points in the WHL though.

Milano - Eichel - Tuch

Erne - Larkin - Schmaltz

Connor - Compher - Fasching

Lodge - De Leo - McCarron

McCoshen - Santini

Hanifin - Vanneli

Butcher - Florentino/DeAngelo/Clifton

Demko

Nedeljkovic

Cowley

This will be very hard to play against.

That and you can't play in the AHL unless you're 20 years old.

Technically you can.

If you are a European skater not having played junior or if you are still 19 BUT have played 4 full years of junior.

17 and 18 years as the first 2 center. I doubt it. Specially with another 18 years old on the first line (Dal Colle)

Lazar was the best player last year, he would be the 2nd line center or on McDavid's wing imo.

Petan-McDavid-Lazar

Domi-Horvat-Dal Colle

Fabbri-Bennett-Baptise

Bleackley-Gauthier-Ritchie

Morrisey-Fleury

Bigras-Nurse

Theodore-McKeown

Sanheim

Fucale

Comrie

However it is way too early to tell. Always surprises like Josh Anderson and injured player like Virtanen which we can't predict.

Might be a little early to make predictions. Nice to know about the coaches (which I'd heard as well) but I'll wait on projected lineups until I find out who'd sticking in the NHL (and won't be released for the WJHC by their team) as well as who's injured, etc.

I know he'd be a long shot to make the team but is Jordan Subban still elligable? What about Cassels for the US?

Yes to both.

17 and 18 years as the first 2 center. I doubt it. Specially with another 18 years old on the first line (Dal Colle)

Lazar was the best player last year, he would be the 2nd line center or on McDavid's wing imo.

Petan-McDavid-Lazar

Domi-Horvat-Dal Colle

Fabbri-Bennett-Baptise

Bleackley-Gauthier-Ritchie

Morrisey-Fleury

Bigras-Nurse

Theodore-McKeown

Sanheim

Fucale

Comrie

However it is way too early to tell. Always surprises like Josh Anderson and injured player like Virtanen which we can't predict.

18 Years old is the common age at the World Juniors so it's not like Bennett is too weak. I put Lazar as the 3rd line center for depth and seeing that Bennett did better than Lazar in the CHL I expect him to do very well at the world juniors. Petan and Lazar are going to be the forward leaders without a doubt this year.

Nicolas Petan - Connor McDavid - Curtis Lazar

Max Domi - Bo Horvat - Anthony Duclair

Michael Dal Colle - Sam Bennett - Nick Baptiste

Jason Dickinson - Frederik Gauthier - Robert Fabbri

Darnell Nurse - Joshua Morrissey

Chris Bigras - Madison Bowey

Dillon Heatherington - Samuel Morin

Zachary Fucale

Eric Comrie

Extras: Morgan Klimchuk, Shea Theodore

Archived