The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should the Canucks get new jerseys?

camerican18

Should the canucks get new jerseys within the next 5 years  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sigh… we've hit our quota for our weekly 'new jersey' thread and it's only Sunday.

The fact we've already changed our jersey and logo as many times as we have has contributed to the Canucks looking like they have an identity crisis instead of a longstanding tradition.

My god, the franchise looks amateurish enough with the number of jerseys we already went through. Enough already. Leave them as is. Look at the Leafs ,Bruins, Hawks, Canadiens, Rangers. Thats how you do it.

They've had plenty of jersey changes. The difference is they stick with the same identity and update it to modernity. Look at the Bruins B logo, thats changed a bunch, yet the core logo is still there. Same could go for the stick in rink. Its updated to reflect modern times, but its the same logo from the beginning. They should go for that. Its stupid to stick with an awful logo like the orca just because you don't want to go through the hassle of changing it again. Its not like its introducing a brand new jersey, its going back to an old one.

It's cartoonish. Go back to the original 1970 jerseys and leave them alone forever.

Old one looks dated and crappy. New one encapsulates the concept much better and is much sleeker and better designed.

We had the old orca jerseys for around ten years, so I think we'll keep our current home and away jerseys for at least another 2-3 years.

I personally would like to see this as our next jerseys:

WhiteLightning-VAN.png

Agreed, except I think Johnny Canuck should be related for the their jersey. Otherwise, the home and away should most definitely be a permanent jerseys. Orca needs to go, and shouldn't have even been on the newest jerseys.

I think they FINALLY have the colours right, and it reflects our blue water and greenery. So that's one thing they can stop changing.

The Orca is great symbol for a logo. IMO they stuffed it up by stuffing the back end into some kind of ice cubey container thing....I know they were trying to make a "C" but its just weird and doesn't work design wise. They would have been better off just concentrating on the Haida art whale and getting that right.

That said, it still isn't a terrible logo. I like the nod to the Haida influence and no, I don't think its some kind of ego trip that symbolizes John McCaw's business. We have just as much, if not more, of a right to that symbol as he does!

Stick n Rink. They have tried to modernize it, make it not as thin or plain...but no it just doesn't have the impact for the top jersey. Shoulder patch, fine. Even a third jersey is good as a nod to our (glorious!) past.

But what I want to see is....wait for it......the flying V with our new colours! I'm with Donny Taylor. I like the Vs. There is nothing like it out there (some say for good reason) a logo and jersey in one. I think it was the old garish colours that didn't work not the design. Put it with the new calmer colours...yeah baby!

I think they FINALLY have the colours right, and it reflects our blue water and greenery. So that's one thing they can stop changing.

The Orca is great symbol for a logo. IMO they stuffed it up by stuffing the back end into some kind of ice cubey container thing....I know they were trying to make a "C" but its just weird and doesn't work design wise. They would have been better off just concentrating on the Haida art whale and getting that right.

That said, it still isn't a terrible logo. I like the nod to the Haida influence and no, I don't think its some kind of ego trip that symbolizes John McCaw's business. We have just as much, if not more, of a right to that symbol as he does!

Stick n Rink. They have tried to modernize it, make it not as thin or plain...but no it just doesn't have the impact for the top jersey. Shoulder patch, fine. Even a third jersey is good as a nod to our (glorious!) past.

But what I want to see is....wait for it......the flying V with our new colours! I'm with Donny Taylor. I like the Vs. There is nothing like it out there (some say for good reason) a logo and jersey in one. I think it was the old garish colours that didn't work not the design. Put it with the new calmer colours...yeah baby!

Yes, because it's the most hideous, and boring jersey ever made. The Canucks are a hockey team, not a bad t-shirt design.

Just leave it alone, and stop with the "let's change our jerseys" yet again threads.

Yes, because it's the most hideous, and boring jersey ever made. The Canucks are a hockey team, not a bad t-shirt design.

Just leave it alone, and stop with the "let's change our jerseys" yet again threads.

Ha ha. Different tastes. But I'd hardly call them "boring" when there is such passion for or against. Especially when we also have the most boring of all logos in our stable...the stick n rink. Gee we are a hockey team, what can we have as a logo?...hmm I'm stumped, lets just do a hockey stick over a rink shape...done! B O R I N G.

But I agree with you. Keep our present logos. I was just ruminating on a new reworked third (or fourth) jersey.

A blue and green flying V. Spectacular! B)

Yeah, change them; or at least darken up the baby blue and lime green.

Otherwise let the national women's team have the colours.

Are you colour blind? It's royal blue and kelly green, which are much darker than baby blue and lime green. The shades are perfect. Not everything needs to be dark and edgy looking

Archived