The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elliot Friedman 30 Thoughts: Canucks ha have made offer for 1st overall pick

Obviously you didn't read the article or you've got some sort of reading disability that prevents you from comprehending it. The draft is considered weak because there is not franchise players in it the draft is deep in depth just like any other draft its just missing the franchise player(s).

You are comparing Reinhart to Mackinnon I've already done that but I will reiterate.

Mackinnon played in 44 games in 12-13 and 75 points while being +40

Reinhart played in 72 games and had 85 points while being +8

Mackinnon in the playoffs had 33 points in 17 games +17

Reinhart in the playoffs had 1 point and -8

Reinhart is no where near as good as Mackinnon not even close.

Lol. No I don't have a reading comprehension, you just don't understand what the article is saying. :lol:

They're saying there's no obvious number 1 choice that will be a sure fire franchise player that you build a team around. Not that there won't be superstars. Notice they don't mention guys like Kane or Mackinnon? It's because these guys weren't clear cut number 1's either. Doesn't mean every GM in the league wouldn't want them on their team.

Mackinnon played with Drouin on a stacked Moosehead team. Reinhart plays with.....?

Oh right, your stats mean nothing. ;)

Buffalo is not taking Reinhart. They are taking Ekblad or Bennett.

Oh, so you must be Buffalo's GM then?

Reinhart is going top 2. No way Buffalo passes on a 1C that they desperately need in their system.

Correct. They won't pass on Reinhart. Them saying otherwise is just strategy.

Umm, I know what he was saying. Did we flip our previous high draft picks for them? We already had a high draft pick to take one of the Sedins. We traded for another pick to get the other one.

Burke traded a 3rd round pick and Mcabe I believe ... maybe a 2nd as well but no 1st rounders

Let's compare Reinhart to RNH since they have both come from the WHL. Reinhart put up noticeably better stats, is more physically mature, is more defensively responsible, and if he comes to the Canucks, he'll be mentored and be eased into the lineup. RNH put up 56 points last season. Reinhart will be better

lol, once again the irony and hypocrisy is quite remarkable... and in the same post this time!

All you have to do is look at Buffalo's needs to connect the dots. It's not hard.

Reinhart is the number 1 center they need if they can't get Ekblad.

Bennett is a centre and Buffalo has been praising him since they got the 2nd overall pick

Could just be strategy. Also you forgot to state facts that prove your statement.

I see no reason why they don't praise any player in the top 3 anyway.

If we're building our future core around Shinkaruk and Nylander, forget about competing in the West. These guys will get bulldozed against teams like San Jose, LA, and Anaheim.

We have some big guys too. Jensen, Kasian, Gaunce, Mathias. If the Canucks added Virt that could be a good start

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Shink Horvat Virtanen

Kassian Gaunce Burr

Rich Mathias Fox

Lol. No I don't have a reading comprehension, you just don't understand what the article is saying. :lol:

They're saying there's no obvious number 1 choice that will be a sure fire franchise player that you build a team around. Not that there won't be superstars. Notice they don't mention guys like Kane or Mackinnon? It's because these guys weren't clear cut number 1's either. Doesn't mean every GM in the league wouldn't want them on their team.

Mackinnon played with Drouin on a stacked Moosehead team. Reinhart plays with.....?

Oh right, your stats mean nothing. ;)

The guys in the five to 20 range are probably as strong as we've seen in that range in the past, but there's no one player this year that really jumps out as the No. 1 guy.

Why the draft is considered weak is because of the top 4 not being as good as in previous years. You are just completely making stuff up to because you are in love with Reinhart. Just tattoo his name on your ass already.

Oh, so you must be Buffalo's GM then?

Correct. They won't pass on Reinhart. Them saying otherwise is just strategy.

No but I've read the things their GM/Assistant GM have said about Bennett an Ekblad, who they basically said was their first choice, and they have said little of Reinhart yet in your mind you believe that to be a smokescreen to fool everyone which is just ridiculous.

Why would JB take Reinhart with the #1 when we have Henriik with Horvat,Cassels,Fox,Gaunce, Kesler for the 2nd and third lines?

Santo and Shinkaruk can play center.

Then there are the remaining two veterans that presently occupy the center slots in the 3rd and 4th lines.

He loses assets and trades up for Ekblad only.

Reinhart is not even in this equation.

The guys in the five to 20 range are probably as strong as we've seen in that range in the past, but there's no one player this year that really jumps out as the No. 1 guy.

Why the draft is considered weak is because of the top 4 not being as good as in previous years. You are just completely making stuff up to because you are in love with Reinhart. Just tattoo his name on your ass already.

No but I've read the things their GM/Assistant GM have said about Bennett an Ekblad, who they basically said was their first choice, and they have said little of Reinhart yet in your mind you believe that to be a smokescreen to fool everyone which is just ridiculous.

Finally someone else has done his homework.

Buffalo is really high on Ekblad.

Archived