The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elliot Friedman 30 Thoughts: Canucks ha have made offer for 1st overall pick

The guys in the five to 20 range are probably as strong as we've seen in that range in the past, but there's no one player this year that really jumps out as the No. 1 guy.

Why the draft is considered weak is because of the top 4 not being as good as in previous years. You are just completely making stuff up to because you are in love with Reinhart. Just tattoo his name on your ass already.

No but I've read the things their GM/Assistant GM have said about Bennett an Ekblad, who they basically said was their first choice, and they have said little of Reinhart yet in your mind you believe that to be a smokescreen to fool everyone which is just ridiculous.

Number 1 guy meaning, an obvious number 1 selection, not meaning a number 1 star. Nowhere does it say that the top 4 isn't as good as previous drafts, you're completely making that up.

I'm not in love with Reinhart at all, I'm just smart enough to know the difference between a Reinhart and a Shinkaruk type player and what they can do for your franchise. Most Canucks fans go back and forth between wanting to dump all their prospects for Rick Nash, to not wanting to trade a single prospect from our pool. Which is why this isn't exactly the best place for deep hockey discussion.

Because GMs never say the opposite of what their intentions are to gain leverage. That never happens. :lol:

Why would JB take Reinhart with the #1 when we have Henriik with Horvat,Cassels,Fox,Gaunce, Kesler for the 2nd and third lines?

Santo and Shinkaruk can play center.

Then there are the remaining two veterans that presently occupy the center slots in the 3rd and 4th lines.

He loses assets and trades up for Ekblad only.

Reinhart is not even in this equation.

Maybe he believes Reinhart has the potential to be first line center.

Why would JB take Reinhart with the #1 when we have Henriik with Horvat,Cassels,Fox,Gaunce, Kesler for the 2nd and third lines?

Santo and Shinkaruk can play center.

Then there are the remaining two veterans that presently occupy the center slots in the 3rd and 4th lines.

He loses assets and trades up for Ekblad only.

Reinhart is not even in this equation.

Again I never said I was for the proposed deal but Gaunce and Cassels for the 2nd and 3rd line. Do you just assume everyone we draft will be a star?

DeNiro and peaches5.

I know you two have the right to argue your facts in the debate you are having.

But there's no reason for you two to be so hostile toward each other, it is pointless. Please stop the hostility for your own sakes.

Again I never said I was for the proposed deal but Gaunce and Cassels for the 2nd and 3rd line. Do you just assume everyone we draft will be a star?

I was not referring to whatever your prior stance is.

Why trade a decent,top -4 d man(what Florida allegedly asked for),the sixth overall and a decent prospect unless the club is getting what Florida has-which is the rights to the best player in the draft in Ekblad?

Of course you do it, 1 over all pick can save this franchise. If you want best quality you got to give up quality plus quantity.

it will sell tickets to get the number 1 even if it isn't the best thing for the team. The uneducated fans would eat it up no matter who we give up for it

DeNiro and peaches5.

I know you two have the right to argue your facts in the debate you are having.

But there's no reason for you two to be so hostile toward each other, it is pointless. Please stop the hostility for your own sakes.

It's just annoying how much people are downplaying Reinhart's ability despite clearly never watching him play.

These same people watch Shinkaruk score one pre-season goal, and suddenly he's the next 40 goal sniper.

I'm not saying we have to go all out for Reinhart, but if it comes down to giving up Shinkaruk and a pick for him or not, I would have no problem with it.

Lol, people need to stop parroting the term "weak draft" as if that means there are no good players in the top 5.

They call it a weak draft because it's shallow, not because there's no elite players in the top 10. Please learn the difference.

Reinhart is on a whole other level than Horvat, Domi, and Shinakruk. Give me a break. He put up great points on a crap team and pretty much carried them.

It just boggles my mind the lack of knowledge of what an impact player this guy is. Instead of watching youtube clips and reading TSN, people should actually watch him play and read what coaches and teammates have to say about him.

Bravo excellent post i really think we need to target reinhart as is something special and Will be a #1 centre in two years hopefully for us

But i disagree at the expence of shinck. We need to keep are future for this rebuild. Teams like the panthers are in a diff situation to us cause they dont care to get young they dont want are youth theyd want are curent roster players so i think we can stay away from oferring shincky

It's just annoying how much people are downplaying Reinhart's ability despite clearly never watching him play.

These same people watch Shinkaruk score one pre-season goal, and suddenly he's the next 40 goal sniper.

I'm not saying we have to go all out for Reinhart, but if it comes down to giving up Shinkaruk and a pick for him or not, I would have no problem with it.

I find Reinhart to be a player you build around and shinkurak to be a piece you at to a team.

That's based on your opinion. You are hyping him up to be the second coming of Jesus I think you're wrong based on other things you have said about other players I think your opinion and view is flawed and wasting our first round picks on a questionably number 1 pick in a weak draft is stupid especially for a team that has so few good prospects.

As for what I said a page or so back, yea what I said was a lot but we have to prepare ourselves for a large move. We are gonna lose pieces and players acquiring the 1st that's a given. But some CDCs proposals are just so silly.

I agree tanev the 6th and shinkaruk feels/looks and most likely is too much for reinhart.

Not saying I'm in favour of the trade just saying it will take a lot guranteed.

I am very much so a Big Sam reinhart supporter, I love his game.

He is the guy you want on your team there's a reason he rocks a C he dictates the pace and direction of a game. centers like reinhart are very rare, he is not under weight or short, he has perfect size, has the offensive tools and the best hockey IQ as some analysts have gone on to say possibly one of the highest in Current NHL now even.

He would without a doubt solidify our future centre depth with him an Horvat at the helm.

I do not like the RNH comparisons as I can see why they are compared but I feel reinhart a the smarter player, bigger; and more well rounded were RNH is a pure playmaker who I my opinion was rushed into the NHL to soon, not matured enough physically.

Well I understand ur lotto comparison to pay to play ahaa and why that's bad but it's true u hiit pay the price to make such a franchise altering move 1st overalls are franchise shifting/ changing!

That's based on your opinion. You are hyping him up to be the second coming of Jesus I think you're wrong based on other things you have said about other players I think your opinion and view is flawed and wasting our first round picks on a questionably number 1 pick in a weak draft is stupid especially for a team that has so few good prospects.

It's based on a lot of quantitative analysis too, unlike your nonsensical downplaying of him. You've got quite the hate-on for the kid. Did Sam seduce your mom or something?

And you act like you know more than the guys at TSN on a forum? Lmao.

How many times have the guys on TSN been wrong? Their opinion, although educated, is no more speculation than anyone on here. There's way too many variables that go on after a draft that no one person can predict.

I`ve never claimed to know more than them. Lemmings on here need to realize that everything they say isn`t written in stone though.

Based on FACTS, there's no denying that top 2 picked forwards turn into impact players more often than not. There's no disputing that.

Yes, I'm hyping him to be the second coming of Jesus... :picard:

All I have argued is that he's way better than people like you are claiming he is. If we all listened to you, the belief would be that Reinhart will be nothing more than an average second or third line player. "wasting a pick" man, now you're just getting ridiculous.

There's nothing questionable about him. The only thing questionable is whether he'll go first or second.

For a team that has so few good prospects, it's time we got a great prospect. This team has lacked one for years.

How many times have the guys on TSN been wrong? Their opinion, although educated, is no more speculation than anyone on here. There's way too many variables that go on after a draft that no one person can predict.

I`ve never claimed to know more than them. Lemmings on here need to realize that everything they say isn`t written in stone though.

Based on FACTS, there's no denying that top 2 picked forwards turn into impact players more often than not. There's no disputing that.

Yea except your opinion is that Reinhart is a top 2 pick when most scouts have Ekblad and Bennett 1 and 2 and then there is the fact that this is a weak draft upfront so there is even more risk with those picks thats why you don't trade away a solid first round pick last year for a better first one pick this year. The difference between Reinhart and Shinkaruk is not as big as you are making it out to be.

If we were talking about trading Gaunce + 6th + roster player I would be fine with it. I don't see Gaunce being a top 6 forward I can see Shinkaruk as a top 6 forward just as much as I can see Reinhart being one.

Yes, I'm hyping him to be the second coming of Jesus... :picard:

All I have argued is that he's way better than people like you are claiming he is. If we all listened to you, the belief would be that Reinhart will be nothing more than an average second or third line player. "wasting a pick" man, now you're just getting ridiculous.

There's nothing questionable about him. The only thing questionable is whether he'll go first or second.

For a team that has so few good prospects, it's time we got a great prospect. This team has lacked one for years.

Shinkaruk + 6th > Reinhart. You have the potential for 2 top 6 forwards instead of one on a team that has a pathetic farm you don't give away your picks unless its a for sure thing, which Reinhart is not.

Archived