The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why does Benning want Reinhart so much?

CynideSnipe

I think Pouliot will be a better Dman then Ekblad, so use the 1st pick to get Reinhart, and get Pouliot and 1st from Pitts for Kesler

I see Ekblad being like a Brent Seabrook, and Pouliot like Doughty.. Ekblad is a man child and dominated in the OHL because of that.. I don't think he has nearly the same success in the NHL with players who match his strength

If you HONESTLY think that Derrick Pouliot will be a better defenseman than Ekblad, then you need to have your head checked. Not to mention, Pouliot could even crack the top 5 in an EXCEEEDINGLY WEEK 2012 daft.

I mean, I know that he's a hometown boy and all, and he could be a great 1st line centre. He cares about defense, and he has the potential to be a Kopitar/Begeron type of player. But, do we really need him? We already have Horvat who I am quite confident is going to be our legit 1st line centre. And Shinkaruk can play centre as well. Besides, I've looked into him, and I've watched quite a few videos on him now.. and I really don't see anything special in him. He's got a super high hockey IQ, but an average skater, decent hands, very good playmaking, but that's about it.

If we get the 1st overall pick from Florida, I would be dissapointed in JB if he didn't pick Ekblad. Ekblad is one of only 4 players ever to be granted exceptional status along with Sean Day (16), Connor McDavid (17), and John Tavares (23). Ekblad is going to be that lethal and critical Top 2 Norris worthy defenseman that teams win championships with. An exceedingly large number of people say that he plays just like Shea Weber. Huge Cannon of a shot. Great skater. Great at defense. Quarterbacking the PP. And provides offense as well. He as EVERYTHING. He has the body of a 28 year old and thinks like a 10 year vet. And at 6'4, 216 pounds, he's definetly going to step RIGHT into the core of the team from day one.

First of all, it appears you do not know very much about Sam Reinhart. He does not project to be Kopitar or Bergeron. Those are not good comparisons at all. They would fit Sam Bennett better.

If you had watched Sam Reinhart, you would know that his play style is actually way more similar to Ryan Nugent-Hopkins or Henrik Sedin.

Secondly, Bo Horvat will not be a number 1 centre on a cup contender. I'm sorry; I love Bo Horvat as much as the next guy, but even if he pans out, he's most likely not going to turn out to be Jonathan Toews. He will be an ideal #2 centre on our team in the future. You're hyping him up too much.

Lastly, Aaron Ekblad is not projected to be a franchise defenseman. He will be an Erik Johnson type guy, not Shea Weber (who actually hasn't even won the Norris yet). He will be very solid, but not a super star.

Secondly, Bo Horvat will not be a number 1 centre on a cup contender. I'm sorry; I love Bo Horvat as much as the next guy, but even if he pans out, he's most likely not going to turn out to be Jonathan Toews. He will be an ideal #2 centre on our team in the future. You're hyping him up too much.

Toews will probably always have far better top end skill then Horvat, but Horvat is a good passer/uses his teammates well and plays a strong 2 way game. Toews can be an offensive game changer but Horvat (as much as I like him) will probably be end up alot like Couturier

After watching some videos of some of the top 3 or 4 prospects, I have to give the #1 spot to Bennett, #2 Ekblad, #3 Leon Draisaitl, #4 Reinhart. I had to give a slight edge to Draisaitl, for his strength on the puck is very impressive. Draisaitl only played 2 seasons in the WHL and Reinhart has played 3, but both had the same amount of points, in pretty much the same amount of games. There is a catch though, this is when the BC part comes into play(Reinhart), being a home boy could push him quicker to that top level.

Watch his vids and look at scouting reports, kid has cement feet

I did kid is smooth as glass on the ice, slows the game down in the offensive zone has world class passing skills with a deadly shot. He can turn defensemen inside and out in the tough areas behind the net, great 200 ft player that can pk and good on the dot and can play wing. The kid has the full package. Benning who is a career scout wants him and I think I will defer to his knowledge. People have their own choices of who to draft and that's ok but I like this kid and want him in a Canucks sweater.

I think Ekblad is way more likely to end up as a Chris Phillips then a Shea Weber.

He simply doesn't have hi end skills, he's not a PP QB, he's a PP shooter. I'll be very surprised if he ever scores 50 points in the NHL.

A guy who can play big minutes, play physical & shut down opponents.

Without doubt a very useful player to have & an asset to any team, but not a true #1.

Rhinehart gets lowballed a lot because his biggest asset is very hard to quantify.

Speed, shot & size are all very easy to make comparables on & say this player is better then that player, but you can't easily compare vision/hockey IQ.

Rhinehart has a high hockey IQ, is it higher then Toews? Is it similar to Crosby? How does it compare to Henriks?

It's very hard to quantify such things.

The Canucks must think we're idiots if they're thinking the 'flash' of getting a 1st overall pick only to select a kid who can easily fall to 4th is going to convince us to buy a ton of tickets.

Reinhart, as good as he is, is WAY worse than the golden ticket prospects available in the 2015 draft.

The Canucks must think we're idiots if they're thinking the 'flash' of getting a 1st overall pick only to select a kid who can easily fall to 4th is going to convince us to buy a ton of tickets.

Reinhart, as good as he is, is WAY worse than the golden ticket prospects available in the 2015 draft.

I heard Linden on 1040 like 2 days ago and he sounded like the price is too steep. If its 6th and Shinkaruk fine... but Tanev as well? Give me a break.

Yeah but it's a year away and who knows where the Canucks will pick, probably 10-12 range but it might be 15-20 range.

Archived