The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

REPORT: Lebron James exercising early termination clause with Heat

nuckin_futz

Lebron can still re-sign in Miami with a different contract. One of the biggest hurdles is his support system is dwindling in Miami. Wade isn't getting any younger and his body isn't holding up. Battier has retired, Allen could be on his last leg to retire too. Birdman opted out of his contract, Chalmers is a UFA as well. There are lots of changes coming in Miami. I would like for him to stay in Miami but at the end of the day... we will see what happens. I'm sure he won't do a 1 hour ESPN special this time around.

Why!? Who does that? Walking away from one of the best teams in the league? And he's not even supposed to be a ufa? I don't follow the nba that much but is this a common occurrence or something?

What kind of league allows players to just opt out of their contract?

Lot's of leagues do it. You sign something like 5 year deal, but after the fourth year there can be clauses, sometimes player sometimes the management have the choice, as to whether to terminate the contract after the fourth year or to play through the last year.

As for LeBron whatever, I really couldn't care less where he goes, I kind of hope he stays in Miami just so the haters don't have something else to rip on. Not my favorite player at all, in fact one of my least, but I can respect greatness when I see it and it really annoys me how for example after game one of the NBA finals there was no talk about the actual game itself all the talk was about "LeCramping"

why is he a waste of skin man? because he is walking away from millions to go play where he wants? what you're not allowed to work where you want?

child

I believe I'm entitled to my opinion without having names called by some internet goof... He has a poor attitude, and is a crybaby. As well as needing a better hydration routine so he doesn't look like a idiot in a championsh game, he only worries about Lebrun. When I sign a contract I finish it. :) good try Kiddo

Personally I don't have much respect for any athlete in sports that just jumps around from team to team, especially at Lebron's age, just to win a championship and then leave again once the going gets tough. Not a player I would particularly want on my team since it clearly seems all he cares about is himself and not his teammates.

Players like Shane Doan I have a lot of respect for, staying with the club through thick and thin and always thinking about the team rather than themselves. Phoenix has never been a big contender the entire time Shane has been there, and even not knowing really if there would be a team there, he still re-signed and believes in the team.

That's just my opinion, I prefer the team players who care about winning as a team and who will put everything on the line for each other rather than the selfish, egotistical "do it for myself and no one else" minded players.

I believe I'm entitled to my opinion without having names called by some internet goof... He has a poor attitude, and is a crybaby. As well as needing a better hydration routine so he doesn't look like a idiot in a championsh game, he only worries about Lebrun. When I sign a contract I finish it. :) good try Kiddo

WHen you say something like that on a situation has small as this, yea, you are a child.

Good try Kiddo :)

Personally I don't have much respect for any athlete in sports that just jumps around from team to team, especially at Lebron's age, just to win a championship and then leave again once the going gets tough. Not a player I would particularly want on my team since it clearly seems all he cares about is himself and not his teammates.

Players like Shane Doan I have a lot of respect for, staying with the club through thick and thin and always thinking about the team rather than themselves. Phoenix has never been a big contender the entire time Shane has been there, and even not knowing really if there would be a team there, he still re-signed and believes in the team.

That's just my opinion, I prefer the team players who care about winning as a team and who will put everything on the line for each other rather than the selfish, egotistical "do it for myself and no one else" minded players.

I think the only thing that is going against James is that he technically doesn't have to do what he is doing right now. Assuming he's being selfish. After all, he's got like 2 nba championships.

I read an article on the Raptors potentially vying for his services. Raptors need a small power forward and Lebron is by far the best in the position. A team with a re-signed Lowry, DeRozan, Johnson, Valanciunas, Vasquez, ect that went above and beyond expectations last season may have impressed someone like Lebron that could just jump on board and provide incredible talent and experience to a young team that will instantly be in a position to win. I'd take that Raptors team over anything in the East currently.

Is this Shane Doan the repeat offender you're talking about?

I read an article on the Raptors potentially vying for his services. Raptors need a small power forward and Lebron is by far the best in the position. A team with a re-signed Lowry, DeRozan, Johnson, Valanciunas, Vasquez, ect that went above and beyond expectations last season may have impressed someone like Lebron that could just jump on board and provide incredible talent and experience to a young team that will instantly be in a position to win. I'd take that Raptors team over anything in the East currently.

I can assure you that the world would literally blow up into pieces before LeBron comes to the Raptors.

I think the only thing that is going against James is that he technically doesn't have to do what he is doing right now. Assuming he's being selfish. After all, he's got like 2 nba championships.

I believe Miami fans quickly found out about LeBron's mercenary mentality. He also wisely had tidbits here and there suggesting he might not stay. He still played hard for his team, though, and his status never seemed to present a distraction the way Howard did.

James became a hired gun the moment he left Cleveland. It should almost be expected of him to skip town. A mercenary in his prime should definitely join the strongest team.

Chicago might get good. Wizards look good. Raptors looking great. We have an undersized power forward in Patrick Patterson, though. Or did we fail to re-sign him?

Why!? Who does that? Walking away from one of the best teams in the league? And he's not even supposed to be a ufa? I don't follow the nba that much but is this a common occurrence or something?

What kind of league allows players to just opt out of their contract?

The only reason why the Miami Heat are one of the best teams in the league, is because of Lebron James. He is the best player in the league by far. Nobody else comes close to Lebron James in terms of skill, talent, and what he brings to the table overall. Nobody.

Lebron James carried a mediocre team in Cleveland to the playoffs several times. Look at them now. And don't tell me Kevin Durant is the same because he isn't. Durant has a better supporting cast around him. Nobody in the world comes close to Lebron James.

No, I'm not a Lebron James fanboy. I don't watch the NBA. But I am familiar with the NBA quite a bit and I recognize elite and legendary players when I see it and Lebron James is right up there in terms of top 5 NBA players of all time. Arguably.

Archived