The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sam Bennett is underrated on this forum.

duc_evo

I hear all this talk about Reinhart and Ekblad and they will go at #1 and #2, but why aren't we high on Bennett.

He can't even do a chin-up and he is top three in 2014 Draft.

Am I wrong in thinking that this kid has the highest potential of being a beast 5 years from now. All this kid is at his current form is Raw Talent.

When his body matches his talent, I think he will be the steal on the 2014 Draft.

I'd rather give up alitle to get Bennett @ #3 than a lot to get Reinhart @ #1. AKA Reinhart is overrated in my opinion.

Guest Dasein

Yup. He is.

Happy with either.

We go at #3 and FLA and BUF pick 1 and 2, we'll still end up with Reinhart though.

I think Bennett is BUF's guy.

I'll agree. I think once he his his stride in his mid twenties he's gonna shine.

It also shows how many keyboard or console hockey players we have on the forum that key in to only what he does in regards to pull ups or chin ups....

I would take Sam Bennett over Sam Reinhart, but I would never blame the Canucks brass for doing the opposite. They not only liked Reinhart's game but he apparently interviewed well and might have the character they are looking for. Only about a thirty-percent chance of us scoring the first overall pick anyways (if Tallon was referring to us as the concrete offer).

I disagree.

At this point none of us know if he will be a bust or star. In my opinion he will be neither. He has skill and vision but lets face it, his 91 points in 57 games is very good, but its not earth shattering.

But thats not my problem with him. Its his 118 penalty minutes. None of them were for fighting. He gets frustrated quickly and takes bad penalties. He is chippy.

I am not ready to call him Marchand or Carcillo yet, but if he doesnt adjust his attitude we might very well be calling him that one day.

I would take Sam Bennett over Sam Reinhart, but I would never blame the Canucks brass for doing the opposite. They not only liked Reinhart's game but he apparently interviewed well and might have the character they are looking for. Only about a thirty-percent chance of us scoring the first overall pick anyways (if Tallon was referring to us as the concrete offer).

I'm a Bennett fan. I pretty muched laughed at everyone panicking over the stupid pull up thing. He's gonna be a good player. Maybe great.

But, I would not take him over Reinhart. Reinhart has franchise potential written all over him.

I'm a Bennett fan. I pretty muched laughed at everyone panicking over the stupid pull up thing. He's gonna be a good player. Maybe great.

But, I would not take him over Reinhart. Reinhart has franchise potential written all over him.

You are more optimistic about Reinhart than I am, but if we end up scoring the first overall and draft him, I will hope you are right.

Archived