The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

'Woooooo' after every goal announcement

homersexual

I like the woooo. Even better seeing the Canucks on the road, and the Canucks fans in attendance doing it after the demoralized announcer finishes!

I'm not big on the Wooooo... it sounds pretty weak to me. However, I agree with King Canuckian about it on the road. Most of the games I go to are in Anaheim, and it is fun to hear the Canuck fans there. Even better when things are going well enough to get a wave going.

My wife does the Woooo while watching games on TV.

I actually like the "wooooo".

What I do not like is the intro song the Canucks skate onto the ice with.

Dont get me wrong here I like U2.

I do not like the first verse of the song we use currently: "Were gonna run, were gonna hide". Sounds like were gonna run away and hide somewhere.

Instead use something like Muse's song "Uprising" that says "They will not force us,They will stop degrading us,They will not control us, We will be victorious".

I can't stand it, have no idea why Gillis brought this in. It reminds me so much of Ric Flair's 'WOOOOOO'. Now that Gillis is gone, I really hope they get rid of it. I know Carolina did this with a Ric Flair video during their playoff run a while back.

who is Rick Flair

who is Rick Flair

lol an asshole from the WWF/WWE days (wrestling for the lamers term), there was a dispute back in the 2011 playoffs/SCF that a car dealership in Burnaby put up a billboard saying "Go Canucks! WOOOOO!" and Rick Flair dinged on it and threatened a lawsuit. LOL

How is this even a topic??? You don't like the wooooo-ing?? Slow day I guess.

More importantly, how the hell was Gillis' name brought up, as if the GM of the team had anything to do with the crowd woo-ing.

I wonder who decided to change the way the goal horn sounds 3 times in the past 4 years.

I thought it would of been Gillis' that probably said, hey, let put a canned 'Woooo' after every announced goal. Who else would make that decision? Marketing dude? IIRC, this started the year Gillis' became GM. Just like Gillis' thought it was a good idea to hang the #7 banner in the rafters as the 7th man flag. But I guess you guys don't think that wasn't Gillis' doing either. I do like the LED lights on the stanchions after a goal. But that probably wasn't Gillis' idea either.

Archived