The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks to Host Young Stars Classic in Penticton

Gyllenhaal

There are going to be some good games. Anyone know a boy eligibility requirements? It is by age, NHL games played, Pro Games played, etc? just curious about the potential roster. I know the big names but I'm curious about guys like Ben Hutton and stuff

You should check out the previous posts in this thread:

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/361334-canucks-to-host-young-stars-classic-in-penticton/#entry12268125

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/361334-canucks-to-host-young-stars-classic-in-penticton/page-2#entry12269990

• 3 weeks later...

Alright. I will extend the beer and BBQ invites now to anyone making it to Penticton for the Tourny

Is this offer still good, WH?

I'm probably going to be up there.

Not at the moment, but grew up there and will be heading back for the tourney this year again.

That picture was from the final day of last year's Young Stars. I had tickets to all the other games but was set to head home on the final day when I saw the @VanCanucks twitter they were giving the jersey away. They said I could get it if I came down so I did.

Just bought my tickets today.

I am down for meeting up.

This would be a blast.

Let me put it this way, the World Famous Penticton Harlequins Rugby Football Club is hosting the Saratoga Cup that same weekend, and there are two semi final games on Saturday and the final on Sunday. Friday night they have the clubhouse open for anyone interested (on the corner of Wade and Rigsby, just up from the arena) and I'll be there after the final Young Stars game on Friday. They also have a beer garden set up for the Saturday games and I'll be volunteering there and watching the rugby games before the later Young Stars game. Those games start at 12:30 and are at McNicoll Park Middle School; the big blue rugby posts will be familiar for many locals. If anyone wants to stop by they're welcome to.

ooooooohh, I so wish I was back home for this!

I love the valley. I think I can remember going to Peachfest as a young lad from the Peg. Also a Steve Miller / Bryan Adams concert down in Osoyoos. I'm gunna say it was in the 90's?

Add in hockey and some CDC hospitality! :towel:

Let me put it this way, the World Famous Penticton Harlequins Rugby Football Club is hosting the Saratoga Cup that same weekend, and there are two semi final games on Saturday and the final on Sunday. Friday night they have the clubhouse open for anyone interested (on the corner of Wade and Rigsby, just up from the arena) and I'll be there after the final Young Stars game on Friday. They also have a beer garden set up for the Saturday games and I'll be volunteering there and watching the rugby games before the later Young Stars game. Those games start at 12:30 and are at McNicoll Park Middle School; the big blue rugby posts will be familiar for many locals. If anyone wants to stop by they're welcome to.

All the power to the Harlequins! I really want to see Rugby thrive in Canada. Sounds like a great event!

Curtis Valk has been invited by the Canucks to Young Stars.

Hopefully he continues to impress, and can earn an AHL contract or ELC.

Based on the Medicine Hat connection - I wont be surprised if he does get a look in Utica (good showing at the tournament of course)

^ I wondered if we might see some of the summer camp invites to fill out the roster.

not sure about the bbq as I cannot match the harlequins.

But I'll stand on a beer with everyone

Well, they are world famous... B)

I'll gladly bring whatever (burgers, or hot dogs, or whatever) . Just let me know where/when and what to bring.

Could always meet up for dinner somewhere too.

I'd suggest we take over the Triple O's between games one night, but then half the other fans usually head there too.

All the power to the Harlequins! I really want to see Rugby thrive in Canada. Sounds like a great event!

It's for the 3rd division provincial championship. Williams Lake, Elk River and Kats are also playing after winning in their respective leagues.

I would have come to this but a poker tourney I have already paid for say 'no'!! .. have a great time, all, and keep us posted .. setting up a thread just for your guys 'impressions' from the Tourney would be great, or just use this one ...eh elvis? .. :P

Archived