The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Tallon has hinted that Canucks have a legitimate offer for the first

During an interview, Florida's Tallon has hinted that Canucks are one of the 3 teams with a legitimate offer for the 1st overall pick. Obviously Tallon will get more offers but right now the Canucks have a good chance to get the 1st. Personally I am ecstatic that we have a really solid deal in place for the 1st. What do you guys think?

Shinkaruk, 6th and possibly Hansen is what I heard it could be. If so NO THANKS!

I honestly think we are getting a steal. We are moving an already injury prone player, a pick that rarely produces a real strong player, and a decent 3rd liner for the best position in the draft.

I honestly think we are getting a steal. We are moving an already injury prone player, a pick that rarely produces a real strong player, and a decent 3rd liner for the best position in the draft.

He's only been injured once...how is he already injury prone?

Please show me a thread confirming chances rather than speculations.

Go to the active threads that are more than a few pages long. People are even talking about Eklund who is literally giving each rumour a percentage "grade".

If its Shinkaruk Higgins and the 6th I dont mind. Its fair value . I think Ehlers is going to become almost as good as Reinhart but I dont have much faith we will take him at 6 so might as well move up and get the best Center.

If Bob McKenzie is right and Ehlers goes 10th, and we get the 10th from Anaheim, it's entirely possible we could get Reinhart AND Ehlers!

:towel:

Shinkaruk, 6th and possibly Hansen is what I heard it could be. If so NO THANKS!

same

coming from a huge Reinhart fan too. It's like trading.

so its

Shinkaruk (potential 1st line player)

6th pick. a player with top 6 potential

Hansen

for

Reinhart (potential 1st line player)

and lets not forget at 6th there is a small chance Draistl or Dal Cole might be there.

same

coming from a huge Reinhart fan too. It's like trading.

so its

Shinkaruk (potential 1st line player)

6th pick. a player with top 6 potential

Hansen

for

Reinhart (potential 1st line player)

and lets not forget at 6th there is a small chance Draistl or Dal Cole might be there.

Shinkaruk (potential 1st line player) well to me Jensen is better and I think Hunter at best will be a second liner!

I didn't really see any threads basically confirming some these speculations. My bad.

It's really no big deal. I'm getting a kick out of watching people here getting so excited about the draft in general. It's the only upside a fanbase can have when their team has a sucky season. The possibility of getting the 1st overall pick has whipped CDC into a near frenzy.

I'm hugely stoked about where the Sabres are. I'm hoping that JB gets the pick and takes one of the Sams so the Sabres can have Ekblad.

Shinkaruk (potential 1st line player) well to me Jensen is better and I think Hunter at best will be a second liner!

You clearly haven't seen the guy play and are just basing your opinion on him from when he was injured. If he recovers to his old form (who knows... might happen, might not...) we have a great player on our hands.

I think this thread wasn't necessary because of the "Tallon actively shopping 1st OVR pick" thread.

Anyways though I don't want to see us give up too many futures, Sam Reinhart is a nice piece but Tallon is trying to just get as many assets as he can and trade down to pick up Ehlers. Offer him the most but don't pay more than needed.

I think Jensen/Shinkaruk + 6th overall + 2nd 2015 should be enough IMO. If not maybe replace the 2nd with a roster player like Hansen or something but I'm not trading quantity for quality.

Archived