The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks to sign UFA starting goalie

Visp

I am told there is a 100% chance @VanCanucks are signing a UFA starting goaltender.

Brian Lawton

@brianlawton9

Former NHL Player/Agent/General Manager/Rogers Sports Analyst

Good source- Hiller or Miller time?

On that note;

News1130 Sports@News1130Sports2 mins

Just talked with UFA goalie Jonas Hiller who has confirmed the #Canucks are 1 of 4 teams that called his agent.
News1130 Sports@News1130Sports2 mins
Hiller on #Canucks: "I like the fact the people in Van are into hockey, I definitely would be excited to be apart of that organization."

Is it just me or his statement his incoherent?

Why would you say 100% chance? If there is 100% it means it's done, it's guaranteed, they are no other scenario possible.

You say X% chance when there is a probably high or low, but 100% means there is no "chance", its happenin...so why make it complicated? lol

Is it just me or his statement his incoherent?

Why would you say 100% chance? If there is 100% it means it's done, it's guaranteed, they are no other scenario possible.

You say X% chance when there is a probably high or low, but 100% means there is no "chance", its happenin...so why make it complicated? lol

It's Brian Lawton.

I have said for quite some time that we will be trying to sign Hiller (along with Michalek)

He is the perfect fit for a guy who can be 1A, 1B with Lack.

Some very experienced goalie experts have been asked about Lack in interviews that I have heard and the comment was that he still needs a year or two of working into more starts, rather than being a full-time starter now.

The reasoning was that as a big guy, his technique gets sloppy over time without a lot of time with the goalie coach. If he knew he had a few days between starts, he could spend his time with Rollie sharpening up things. It is something common to younger goalies, and if he maybe did 30-40 starts next year and then 40-50 the year after that it would be perfect for his development.

I am told there is a 100% chance @VanCanucks are signing a UFA starting goaltender.

Brian Lawton

@brianlawton9

Former NHL Player/Agent/General Manager/Rogers Sports Analyst

Good source- Hiller or Miller time?

On that note;

News1130 Sports‏@News1130Sports2 mins

Just talked with UFA goalie Jonas Hiller who has confirmed the #Canucks are 1 of 4 teams that called his agent.
News1130 Sports‏@News1130Sports2 mins
Hiller on #Canucks: "I like the fact the people in Van are into hockey, I definitely would be excited to be apart of that organization."

Yes Hiller. You are a 100% correct.

Hiller is Dinner.

Yum Yum, what a tasty Miller time!

Archived