avelanch

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

On 2018-08-10 at 8:55 AM, Brovat said:

Haha you’re crazy but I like it. I think the top 6 will be largely interchangeable which is kind of a neat thought after having the Sedins being a fixture together for so long. 

I think there’s a real opportunity to build 2 equalish top lines and to load up a line when a goal is really needed with whoever is playing the best out of the 6. 

I think out of my projected top 6 players the last 2 I want to see together are EP and SB. 

Yes on Baertschi. A top line can have a high end scorer that doesn’t check. The problem is, Baertschi has been gifted the top line and top powerplay my notes but doesn’t do enough. 

On 2018-08-15 at 9:44 AM, aGENT said:

I don't think 'SB' is on that line, for starters :P

I really hope Goldy or Virt is on that line but Virt plays RW soooo

Edit: even imagine Dahlen wins a spot in camp put him there, I want a skilled top 6

Edited by Dats hockey

8 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

Anyone think Leipsic-Granny-JV 

would be a good line?

I actually like that idea in principle, but you don't have a face-off winner on that line and that would create some interesting problems. See below; that basically forces EP to play on the other offence-oriented line, which happens to be the top line, because he certainly would not be utilized well on a checking line. That sounds good to me, to be clear, but then suddenly Thing 1 and 2, which you'd think based on talent would be Baertschi and Eriksson, don't really fit on their lines. In other words, I think Jake would be a great fit on one of the two defence-oriented lines because of his turnover/counterattack ability, and other players (Bear, Loui, perhaps Goldy or Gagner) fit better on more offensive lines as well. Granlund, while obviously capable of offence (from two seasons ago), would also look good on a defensive line.

Pettersson-Horvat-Boeser

Roussel-Sutter-Thing1

Leipsic-Granny-JV

Schaller-Beagle-Thing2

That doesn't look so hot big picture, but I still like the combination of players you have there when looking at the line out of context. Hard workers all, turnovers, a decent passer and some raw skill and speed :) We could potentially see it post-injuries IF Granlund is trusted at C and can be at least mediocre at face-offs.

22 years old now :) expect big things from u this year jakey

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

22 years old now :) expect big things from u this year jakey

I think Jake was an emotionally you guy, and is only now actually “growing up” - so to speak.  I see him getting 20 plus goals this season, and being a beast on the forecheck:)

#GoJakeGo!

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think Jake was an emotionally you guy, and is only now actually “growing up” - so to speak.  I see him getting 20 plus goals this season, and being a beast on the forecheck:)

#GoJakeGo!

18-25 goals if he learns how to convert on his power moves and doesn't keep shooting straight at the crest, makes his shots a little more deceptive a la Brock

• Like 1