The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

5 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

And cue the frog, with the usual hypocrisy and personal attacks, "as always".  In case you haven't noticed, Jake's been playing well this year as well as the latter part of last season, thus the deafening silence from you and your lil gang.

You have quite a low bar for "playing well." He's had more mediocre games than good ones so far this season. But much like last year, people stay quiet during Jake's usual mediocre string of 4-10 games, hence the last post being on October 15th. Talk about hipocrisy.  

18 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

Is that the mark to achieve a 'breakout' year?

It is for the type of player Jake is IMO. I know that a lot of you are still holding on to hope of him becoming a 50+point guy but I'm trying to be realistic and it's pretty hard to see him become a legitimate point producer with his below average vision and playmaking ability. He'll still be a valuable player though if he can consistently contribute 30pts and provide some physicality. Also, it looks like the Caps considered Tom Wilson's 35 pts last season a breakout year if you look at the massive contract they just gave him.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

And cue the frog, with the usual hypocrisy and personal attacks, "as always".  In case you haven't noticed, Jake's been playing well this year as well as the latter part of last season, thus the deafening silence from you and your lil gang.

12 hours ago, guntrix said:

You have quite a low bar for "playing well." He's had more mediocre games than good ones so far this season. But much like last year, people stay quiet during Jake's usual mediocre string of 4-10 games, hence the last post being on October 15th. Talk about hipocrisy.  

maxresdefault.jpg

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, guntrix said:

So does that 4-10 games start next game now or.....? 

• Haha 2

On 10/30/2018 at 4:03 PM, The 5th Line said:

Before last night the last time someone commented on this page was October 15th..  Why are you talking about people going silent when he performs well?  The only time this page is ever active is when he gets a point, which on average is once every couple of weeks.  Try supporting him during the weeks in between how about?

Kid played great last night, now please don't disappear for 8 in a row 

This isn't a serious post is it?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Jakes playing well but i havent seen this wrecking ball everyone's been going on about. I missed half the game last night though so I'm wondering if he had some massive hit. 

The shotgun jake ritual is hot like fire though lol. How did it start.

Edited by 73 Percent