The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

37 minutes ago, nzan said:

So let me get this straight, you’re now protecting Kakko Baertschi Sutter Beagle Roussel and maybe Eriksson and Goldy all before Virtanen?

And that’s based on empirical data based not on presuppositions but only what we know about the team RIGHT NOW?

You need to read it and read it again, before the laughable notion of the bolded part is cured.  

:bored:

Just now, canuckistani said:

giphy.gif

Jake making you that sad by playing well?   There, there.   There will be other players you can troll CDC with.   Look, OJ will be back from injury soon.    Don't be sad.  

You will recover and turn that frown upside down!   Troll on!   :)

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

Jake making you that sad by playing well?   There, there. 

Nope. Nothing about Jake - everything about you, chump. Not to mention, thats not a 'sad' gif. 

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

There will be other players you can troll CDC with.   Look, OJ will be back from injury soon.    Don't be sad.  

You will recover and turn that frown upside down!   Troll on!   :)

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

the jake thread going back down hill

Lots of posters on CDC just ignore the obvious garbage that is spewed out at times. Myself;  For the most part, I choose to not read or comment on certain individuals that post on here. They just like to incite the many true hockey fans that enjoy a good but respectful discussion on the various attributes, both positive and negative, of individual players and how they are progressing.

The range of knowledge is quite varied on here from casual fans to hockey buffs that have obviously played hockey at a very high level. I probably rank in the lower half but enjoy having the input of those with much more in depth knowledge than I do. Two that come to mind are: Sid is Me and Stawns. There are many others as well.

• Upvote 2

On 12/13/2018 at 3:09 PM, canuckistani said:

I didnt mean just draft protection. I meant in the team. If Boeser+ Kakko or someone other than Virtanen locks down the RW slot in the top six, Virtanen either *has* to make it stick as a LW or he'll likely be traded for a dude who is more of a fit in the bottom-six/defense. 

TG has been utilizing  jake in a variety of important roles this year besides the PK.  Meeting his goal total from last season is great and all but Ive been more impressed with his consistent play away from the puck.  Petey has been getting all the love but Jake plays just as hard on the defensive side.  I think that utility alone along with being a big and hard to play against makes him an important piece in the top 9, especially if hes got more to give.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, canuckistani said:

Seems like half the people quoting me are high-school drop-outs. Oh well, given its Canada, not surprised. Nobody said anything about presenting opinions in an online forum. But trying to pass off subjective opinions as objective only shows a lack of basic education. 

Likewise, mate !

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/30/the-10-most-educated-countries-in-the-world.html

Canada tops the list as the most educated country in the world.”

So who exactly is trying to pass off subjective opinions as objective? Give it a rest man, this is getting old quick.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

TG has been utilizing  jake in a variety of important roles this year besides the PK.  Meeting his goal total from last season is great and all but Ive been more impressed with his consistent play away from the puck.  Petey has been getting all the love but Jake plays just as hard on the defensive side.  I think that utility alone along with being a big and hard to play against makes him an important piece in the top 9, especially if hes got more to give.

It has been a tough education, but Virt has a complete game and is not a liability.  He has the speed to never be truly out of the play.  

Again, no player in the top six other than Bo can play physical.  EP40, Bo and Virt can factor in ways other than scoring.   

Jake will not be exposed in to Seatle.  You cannot find players like him easily.  I would rather leave Baer exposed if need be.  I don't think it will come to that.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2