The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

49 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

What a stupid, sleazy post. Do you actually expect any of the Canuck fans who watch Jake play to take this mindless drivel seriously?

pointing out that he hits the panic button and shoots when it's a bad idea is mindless drivel?

Do you want me to go get his # so you can profess your undying love for him, because that's about the only logical conclusion I can come to as to why you would defend his play last night. He made numerous costly rookie mistakes, if it was anyone else they would be flayed by the forums.

25 minutes ago, Schneider.Man604 said:

Do you guys see Jake being traded this off season? he is not utilizing his speed or strength the way i wish he would.

Nope. He's in a slower stretch right now, but he's improved far to much for management to give up on him now. He's got a strong chance of becoming on of the core 2nd/3rd line guys on our team as we rise to greatness.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Virtanen reminds me of Mason Raymond, I always see them being able to skate around with the puck for a lot of seconds, but can't seem to have the finishing touch to putting it in the back of the net.

*EDIT*: I don't get to choose the fact that someone has REMINDED me of someone, so stop with the disagreement and comparisons if you don't see it. I see it, and it's not something you can start talking to me about to try to change my mind or anything because it's not even an opinion. I was reminded of another person by someone, so it's an experience that I've already went through. You can't go back and change something I've already experienced. :P

*EDIT*: Double-edit just because I realized that people still don't read very well. I literally explained the ONLY reason why JV reminds me of MR in this comment, and people started disagreeing with me(there was no point in disagreeing with me anyways, because it wasn't even an opinion...) by adding their own comparisons of the players' other attributes that I've NEVER mentioned before. I have never said they were 100% the exact type of Hockey player, so I don't understand why people were acting as if I said they were similar in every single way? :picard: Also...If you don't feel the same way/see it, then that's fine by me...But the fact that a lot of people were making so much drama out of it by praising JV while putting MR down and accusing me of comparing those two(While they are the ones who started to actually compare them...Hypocrites?)...I was just saying that the sudden thought of another player just popped up because of ONE reason...And that's it. That was all. I'm seriously tired of replying back to people who didn't read my comment clear enough...I never thought that a lot of people here couldn't read well here and liked accusing me of saying things that I never did...So I'll be turning notifications off as I don't even want to know and read another comment by a person who didn't read well enough again. Therefore, if I didn't reply back to you...Know that it's just because I didn't know about it. ^_^

Edited by StarGirl
Too many replies from people who don't know what "reminds" means
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, StarGirl said:

Virtanen reminds me of Mason Raymond, I always see them being able to skate around with the puck for a lot of seconds, but can't seem to have the finishing touch to putting it in the back of the net.

Guess you forgot the season he scored 25 goals.  Nuck fans would go nuts if Virt had a 25 goal season.  I don't notice Virt falling down a lot though and I never saw Raymond lay out the kind of hits that Jake does.

Well besides the skating, I don't think they have much in common after all.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

Guess you forgot the season he scored 25 goals.  Nuck fans would go nuts if Virt had a 25 goal season.  I don't notice Virt falling down a lot though and I never saw Raymond lay out the kind of hits that Jake does.

Well besides the skating, I don't think they have much in common after all.

Well, I wasn't the first person to think they were similar. :huh: Virtanen during WJC time, somebody said he was a puck-hogger like Raymond. That being said, I never thought of Raymond as a puck-hogger. And I never mentioned that they were exactly similar either.

2 minutes ago, StarGirl said:

Well, I wasn't the first person to think they were similar. :huh: Virtanen during WJC time, somebody said he was a puck-hogger like Raymond. That being said, I never thought of Raymond as a puck-hogger. And I never mentioned that they were exactly similar either.

Raymond needed a better skate sharpener. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StarGirl said:

Raymond needed a better skate sharpener. Seemed like he fell down quite a bit. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Schneider.Man604 said:

Do you guys see Jake being traded this off season? he is not utilizing his speed or strength the way i wish he would.

Where do you guys come from? 

Since the the end of last year, he's only gotten better... and 

he's only gonna' improve. 

People jumped on this pick right off the bat. But let's be real here... 

more than likely... he was never going to out score those "other two" 

some people wanted so badly. 

Having said that... I believed in this choice right from the beginning. 

A lot of people don't have any patience. 

Give the "kid" a break. 

Let me ask you this: 

Would you trade Nylander or Ehlers for Stan Smyl? 

Not comparing Jake to Smyl, but the point is... you either get

points or you get gumption. 

Which one do you choose? 

Jake definitely has to take it to the next level, but has the ability

to be a "wrecking ball'! 

Long story short: NO... I would NOT trade Jake! 

1 minute ago, SergioMomesso said:

Raymond needed a better skate sharpener. Seemed like he fell down quite a bit. 

I remember watching him in the Canucks Superskills Fastest Skater Competition and I was scared he'd fall down.

46 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Where do you guys come from? 

Since the the end of last year, he's only gotten better... and 

he's only gonna' improve. 

People jumped on this pick right off the bat. But let's be real here... 

more than likely... he was never going to out score those "other two" 

some people wanted so badly. 

Having said that... I believed in this choice right from the beginning. 

A lot of people don't have any patience. 

Give the "kid" a break. 

Let me ask you this: 

Would you trade Nylander or Ehlers for Stan Smyl? 

Not comparing Jake to Smyl, but the point is... you either get

points or you get gumption. 

Which one do you choose? 

Jake definitely has to take it to the next level, but has the ability

to be a "wrecking ball'! 

Long story short: NO... I would NOT trade Jake! 

Um

Not a good statement there:)

For not even being a 1st round pick Smyl got points AND had gumption, on top of being a team leader

Edited by ba;;isticsports

I don't like the MR comparison.  Jake brings so much more to the table.  MR was a timid perimeter player.  Jake is becoming a sound two way player who could be a 20+ goal scorer who isn't afraid to muck it up and stick up for his team mates.  He isn't going anywhere. :P

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dpn1 said:

I don't like the MR comparison.  Jake brings so much more to the table.  MR was a timid perimeter player.  Jake is becoming a sound two way player who could be a 20+ goal scorer who isn't afraid to muck it up and stick up for his team mates.  He isn't going anywhere. :P

I thought comparing was like saying who was better than who, which I never did...? I only said he reminded me of him, and then I explained my only reasoning after. Yet...Then people started disagreeing with me by starting to compare their other attributes that did not match. LOL It's not like I said he was a total copy of him. :P

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1