The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

2 hours ago, luckylager said:

I think it's habitual more than anything. It worked for him at every level up to the NHL.

He actually scored on one this season, which was a goddamn travesty because now we have to see him do it another 200 times before he flukes out again.

Maybe someone should teach him that Slapped Burrows used out there

16 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Yeah after his Utica season I read an article that had him pegged at 216, even that seemed high. Never seen him in person but he doesn't look massive like that. People keep throwing around the 230 weight cause that's his weight as listed seemingly everywhere. Guess they don't update it for guys that are not teenagers. People think he is bigger than he is because he hits but he's really not super physically imposing. 210 pounds, but has tree trunks for legs so he's super hard to move when you collide with him.

I saw him walking down Robson one time and I can assure you he is a big boi. I was actually surprised at how big he is.

Edited by Yung1

Virtanen slides into 133rd in all-time Canuck scoring with his assist tonight.

132.  Brad May LW 225 29 27 56
133.  Jake Virtanen RW 195 29 27 56
134.  Harold Druken C 118 27 29 56
135.  Mike Corrigan RW 95 24 32 56
136.  Anson Carter RW 81 33 22 55
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Virtanen slides into 133rd in all-time Canuck scoring with his assist tonight.

132.  Brad May LW 225 29 27 56
133.  Jake Virtanen RW 195 29 27 56
134.  Harold Druken C 118 27 29 56
135.  Mike Corrigan RW 95 24 32 56
136.  Anson Carter RW 81 33 22 55

Moving past the great Harold Druken!!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, hlinkas wrister said:

I dont know if he was in concussion protocol last night after that Getzlaf hit, but he sure didn't look the same afterwards.

Agreed, he look tentative and scared to make contact.  I almost feel it wasn't really the head, but his shoulder that was bothering him

• Cheers 1

I wonder if Jake remembers this next time they play and does something about it?

I was thinking, if Jake seems to think, I will do what I do now, for what I make, and ramp it up in last 1 1/2 years of contract to get a bigger payday

or, if guys like Goldy and him even have the drive to be the best and better?

Even Boeser floats away from his checks and responsibility while a game is going on, looking for the refs or just disinterested

Hoping EP can inspire them all and incorporate Horvats determination as well

If Everyone put in the effort like these 2 stars, we would be that much better

• Upvote 3

Getzlaf is a puke. Watching him argue over the hit after it happened, playing dumb, while Jake was writhing on the ice. What an a-hole. It pi**es me off that the Canucks always seem to be on the injured end of plays. This team just keeps on taking a beating. Nice guys finish last in this league.  

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Getzlaf is a puke. Watching him argue over the hit after it happened, playing dumb, while Jake was writhing on the ice. What an a-hole. It pi**es me off that the Canucks always seem to be on the injured end of plays. This team just keeps on taking a beating. Nice guys finish last in this league.  

So hard not to think this way. We're at the top end of injuries every season and the bottom end of suspensions. Yet... eveyone has something against us. Fams amd players alike.

47 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

So hard not to think this way. We're at the top end of injuries every season and the bottom end of suspensions. Yet... eveyone has something against us. Fams amd players alike.

I agree and i wonder about the mental part and how it might affect Virt. I don't think he is the kind of player that can deal with more distractions than needed. I'm worried he will be softer now after last night.

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I've seen Getz do similar things before.  Never seen him fight over it.  Almost makes having Guddy worth it.  

Is it just me or did the BS stop after that

• Upvote 1