The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

6 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

I dont understand what happened with jakes tweet. Can someone elaborate.

Nothing happened - it's what's always happening to CDC'ERS that needs elaborating lol.... 

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Totally agree.       The upper case arrow is right beside the letter “Z”..  auto correct works with your own “algorithms”.

Trolls love this $&!#e.  

I don’t get the issue!  What exactly are some complaining about with Jake’s Tweet?

41 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don’t get the issue!  What exactly are some complaining about with Jake’s Tweet?

Basically..  Mueller’s post was him thanking everyone for supporting him during his injury.

JV.. tweeted back .. “ Zzz”

Jake swears it was a mistake,  which I beleive.    It’s just too easy to keep your phone open and put it in your pocket and have a button fire off.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Basically..  Mueller’s post was him thanking everyone for supporting him during his injury.

Jake swears it was a mistake,  which I beleive.    It’s just too easy to keep your phone open and put it in your pocket and have a button fire off.

I don't buy that for one second haha. But whatever, it's over! Whether it was on purpose or an accident, it's a good learning experience haha.

51 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Lol. His butt cheek would’ve have to open Twitter, reply to Mueller’s post, write Zzz, and post the tweet. Come on now. 

Not that it matters, we all know he has some growing up to do yet. 

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Whether intentional or not, what does “Zzz” mean with the kids today?  That’s the part I don’t understand.  I don’t see how “Zzz” is offensive?  Does it mean the middle finger or something?  

59 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Whether intentional or not, what does “Zzz” mean with the kids today?  That’s the part I don’t understand.  I don’t see how “Zzz” is offensive?  Does it mean the middle finger or something?  

Represents dozing off, as if he's demeaning Mueller's post about coming back from injury. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Thank you for the clarification, but why would that be considered negatively by some?  

It's so as to say "I find your comment so pointless, boring, and uninteresting that I fall asleep reading it", which would be pretty disrespectful to a player who's been struggling through injuries and is opening up about his struggles.

Again, I think he probably typed "z" and the phone just auto-corrected it to "Zzz." based on past conversations (personal texts, etc.). 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

His butt was talking.

He was talking $#@! out of his a$$! :lol: 

By the way, I'm not knocking Jake. I want him to become the best player he can be, for him and our team.

Edited by BarnBurner
wanted to clarify why I made my remark.
  • Upvote 1

I know I am a bit of an older guy but I have had my butt text fairly interesting things so I am giving Jake a pass on this one.  I find it hard to believe he would do it on purpose.  Sometimes Jake still gets the immature thing thrown at him when it just seems foolish.

Edited by dpn1
  • Cheers 2

On 3/3/2019 at 3:32 PM, guntrix said:

Lol. His butt cheek would’ve have to open Twitter, reply to Mueller’s post, write Zzz, and post the tweet. Come on now. 

Not that it matters, we all know he has some growing up to do yet. 

He probably was reading his tweet and then didnt lock his phone and put it in his pocket. Phone is now in his pocket, unlocked and with Twitter open. Start walking around or bump into something, plus auto correct and you're tweeting.

Very plausible it was a mistake.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dpn1 said:

Its interesting that Jake is still 4th in goal scoring on the team even though he is still out of the lineup with an injury.:)

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Injured match up players = less sheltering for our young scorers = less goals.

I am not sure what the happy face from dpn1 was for ?

Sept- 7 pts

Oct- 5 pts

Nov - 6 pts

Dec - 1 pt

Jan - 3 pts

Being 4th on the Canucks in scoring is not a great accomplishment this year

.It is more an embarrassment for what our scoring is and what we are paying for 3 and 4th line players

• Haha 1

Lookingat his numbers, you wouldn'tthink jake would have as much impact on this team as he does. But its easy to see that he's a vitle part of our roster. Going back to his numbers, one has to remember that he spent a bulk of the season on sutters wing (whos tied wirh markstrom in assists).

• Haha 4