avelanch

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

I think for the first time Jake is actually playing his most consistent hockey of his career.  It seemed to be the thing that the coaches and us on CDC thought had to improve and he seems to be making strides in that area,  Keep up the improvements Jake. :canucks::towel::canucks:

He’s also playing at the minimum, behind Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat and Miller. 
 

The pressure to perform isn’t on him. Which makes him that much more dangerous.

 

Edited by Me_
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I am hoping that coach Green keeps the line combo of Roussel, Gaudette and Virtanen together for awhile. I really like they way that line is performing and feel it can still be better yet.

 

Having a third line that is more than capable of scoring makes it much harder for the opposing team to cover them all.

 

Where would you put Sutter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Where would you put Sutter?

   That is the million dollar question.

 

   I have no answer as to how they might handle his return going forward. I do think that they will run with 14 forwards until closer to the trade deadline and if all of the forwards are healthy (an unlikely scenario); Graovac (once he is off the injured list)  and Eriksson would be waived to make room for them. As for Sutter's deployment, a lot will depend on how well the Gaudette line performs over the next few games. Coach Green may opt to move players in and out of the lineup depending on who they are playing and also whether it is a home or away game.

 

   The next few weeks may get very complicated for management to navigate through and will no doubt create a heap of fodder for discussion here on the chat line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kootenay Gold said:

   That is the million dollar question.

 

   I have no answer as to how they might handle his return going forward. I do think that they will run with 14 forwards until closer to the trade deadline and if all of the forwards are healthy (an unlikely scenario); Graovac (once he is off the injured list)  and Eriksson would be waived to make room for them. As for Sutter's deployment, a lot will depend on how well the Gaudette line performs over the next few games. Coach Green may opt to move players in and out of the lineup depending on who they are playing and also whether it is a home or away game.

 

   The next few weeks may get very complicated for management to navigate through and will no doubt create a heap of fodder for discussion here on the chat line.

Put him on D lol!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Green still has Virtanen at the bottom of minutes played, pretty stupid coaching.

Edited by Timbermen
  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

Green still has Virtanen at the bottom of minutes played, pretty stupid coaching.

Nah. It’s perfect. They’re in a zone with him right now. He’s getting enough time to be productive while getting pulled back enough to prevent exhaustion. This sweet spot has made him more consistent. 
 

With time and opportunity, his time will increase. He’ll be a beauty.

 

And those black uniforms. The 2011 team wears those and they win the Cup.

 

They make even Hughes look intimidating let alone Virtanen!

 

Edited by Me_
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2019 at 2:47 PM, -AJ- said:

NHL.com has your back:

 

Canucks Defense Shot Attempts.png

 

Note that this is since 2005-06 (though it might be 2007-08 since I'm not sure these were tracked before then) and with a minimum of 100 games played with the Canucks. "SAT For" his shot attempts for and SAT is the net of the for and against.

 

EDIT: Upon further looking, I'm pretty sure it is since 2009-10, because Edler has exactly 664 games played since then, so I'll re-post my last table since 2009-10, but with other good info:

 

Canucks Defense Shooting % II.png

 

Unfortunately NHL.com doesn't calculate for us what percentage of his shots actually hit the net, but luckily for you, you have your resident stats nerd, AJ to do it for you:

 

Canucks Defense Shot %.png

 

 

 

I believe the shot attempts that it's showing on NHL.com are for the entire team when that player was on the ice. Do we really think Edler has averaged 16 shot attempts per game since the 2009/10 season? For instance, Brock Boeser leads the team this year in total shots attempted with 124 in 30 games, which is just over 4 attempts a game.

 

image.thumb.png.1d786640efd744ac97ff7710c2b076b4.png

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, boziffous said:

I believe the shot attempts that it's showing on NHL.com are for the entire team when that player was on the ice. Do we really think Edler has averaged 16 shot attempts per game since the 2009/10 season? For instance, Brock Boeser leads the team this year in total shots attempted with 124 in 30 games, which is just over 4 attempts a game.

 

image.thumb.png.1d786640efd744ac97ff7710c2b076b4.png

You're right actually. I will try to do this with the correct numbers some time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Me_ said:

Where would you put Sutter?

To me he’s a fourth liner or playoff depth at this point, he’s injured so much it’s ridiculous. He will be great depth if something goes down in our playoff run. Or put him and Beagle in sorta load management rotation to keep them fresher

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jake Virtanen into 109th in all-time Canuck scoring with his goal tonight

 

108.  Jiri Slegr D 154 12 65 77
109.  Jake Virtanen RW 243 40 35 75
110.  Ted Taylor LW 191 35 40 75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jake has improved every year. He's still only 23, and on pace for a career season. He's been pretty consistent as well, more so than previous seasons. If he gets to continue with Gaudette and Rooster, I expect things might pick up for all 3 of those guys. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gizmo2337 said:

Jake has improved every year. He's still only 23, and on pace for a career season. He's been pretty consistent as well, more so than previous seasons. If he gets to continue with Gaudette and Rooster, I expect things might pick up for all 3 of those guys. 

I'm really excited that he's been improving each year, even if it's only been a gradual improvement. He's developing into quite the nice 3rd line piece right now and his goal-scoring still hits at 2nd line potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gizmo2337 said:

Jake has improved every year. He's still only 23, and on pace for a career season. He's been pretty consistent as well, more so than previous seasons. If he gets to continue with Gaudette and Rooster, I expect things might pick up for all 3 of those guys. 

Great moves by Gauds to set up Jake’s goal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone suprised that virts last two nice ass back to back game goals were scored on his off wing? Im not.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Anyone suprised that virts last two nice ass back to back game goals were scored on his off wing? Im not.

Doesn't matter.  Better to be on his strong side in his own zone, and with his skating he can easily take it up either wing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of last night Jake is tied for 4th in goals with Bo at 9 goals.  Why hasn't Jake had more PP2 time?

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dpn1   Because Green lacks seeing the big picture and is afraid to give others a shot.  Instead, sticking with the star line regardless of their performance.  Sometime you have to change horses in midstream if the horse you are riding is starting to drown.

  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.